Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fox Lake MT off THE BEATEN PATH
09-10-2015, 01:57 AM,
Fox Lake MT off THE BEATEN PATH
Well after three years... I've decided to put my search aside.

But I felt that I'd give what research I have done to others that think its in Montana to "pay it forward".

I started a rough website about it http://goldintheforest.co.nf/

Basically I believe the blaze is in Fox Lake. If you look at a map of the Absaroka Beartooth Wilderness off "The beaten path" you can find the lake. Its 20 miles from Cooke City.

This is roughly how I translated the poem:

Begin at Canyon lake and take it down.
Not far but Farley Creek
Put in below the rusty brown and home of the grizzly bear.

From there its no place for the weak
The end is drawing near left (in the lake)
There'll be no going up Russell creek (your creek = Osborne Russell)
Just heavy loads and water above.

Fox Lake is seasonal. The lake in spring fills up and slowly goes down. End of summer (like now in sept) the lake dries up but not enough. But at this time the locations are accessible but still wet. Now I believe as it approaches winter it goes lower till the location is complete dry and more accessible.

If anywhere... this would be perfect location to hide something. Not accessible but for only months out of the year.

If i know where it is ... why tell everyone? well i tried three times for it and have been unsuccessful at getting to it. And well after three times I figured its not meant to be and set my search aside for others to find it. That is how i know the lake is seasonal. Been there July Aug and now Sept. The last having someone already there searching for it.

Best of luck to all.
09-13-2015, 07:15 PM,
RE: Fox Lake MT off THE BEATEN PATH
Oh... and something I thought that was interesting...

I tried to contribute to Dal Neitzel's website blog and put a few comments on my theory to its location as indicated above. And within less than one day. He not only removed my comments a second time (after he had explained to me how things should be worded and removed my original comment) but he also then closed his blog for comments.

My thought on all this... is that Dal himself is searching at this location. And if he is searching there... I'd say as an expert on Forrest Fenn... its worth a look.

Cheers,
09-14-2015, 12:33 AM,
RE: Fox Lake MT off THE BEATEN PATH
(09-13-2015, 07:15 PM)goldintheforest Wrote: Oh... and something I thought that was interesting...

I tried to contribute to Dal Neitzel's website blog and put a few comments on my theory to its location as indicated above. And within less than one day. He not only removed my comments a second time (after he had explained to me how things should be worded and removed my original comment) but he also then closed his blog for comments.

My thought on all this... is that Dal himself is searching at this location. And if he is searching there... I'd say as an expert on Forrest Fenn... its worth a look.

Cheers,

I guess there is no limit to the places the Chest could be... Everything is worth a look in Montana... You can't lose on that. Foxes try to outsmart the hounds...