Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Treasure Hunting
08-06-2013, 06:30 AM,
Treasure Hunting

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from sandra-in-missouri on August 6, 2013, 7:25 am</b>

First, I made a typo in another section above...should read, "know little about Forrest." It took a lot of research for the other treasure hunts I took part in here in Warrensburg. I soon discovered stress and trying to keep ahead of greedy hunters. Those treasure hunts was a local Warrensburg, Mo. event by the radio station. Listeners got clues every day for 3 weeks which were area and exact clues. It wasn't fun. But, patience and constant research, plus strange ways to hide a key to the treasure. The first was a piece of wire buried just on surface in ground with the key attached, and the second was a wire again with the key attached. However, the last treasure was me on the ground with about 200 others hunting behind me. Each one was about $1500 in cash and prizes from local merchants. I learned many lessons about treasure hunting. I'm following the same procedure with this treasure hunt - I'm here and can't see locations to hunt, but in Sept. I will see what I've been researching and think very seriously about the clever Forrest - I sure would like to meet sometime. Through the months of following the treasure hunt, I am learning about Forrest and just how special he is. His determination to save Nat. Amer. artifacts tops my list about him.
</div>

Not Far but too far to walk = crawl?

So sandra did you win the prize?

Please visit me if you are in Albuquerque and I will take that old toaster since you won a new one please.
08-06-2013, 11:16 AM,
Treasure Hunting
Sandra is a smarty, I am thinking she may the one to find it!!
08-06-2013, 12:54 PM,
Treasure Hunting
Maybe, She used clues designed to lead to a conclusion within 3 weeks. Liked how she stayed on top of the game.

She can call herself a professional treasure hunterSmile
08-06-2013, 03:13 PM,
Treasure Hunting
First, I won both treasure prizes. Had some gift certificates and gave those away. Had to start a new saving of my winnings for a trip to New Mex. No. that pretty toaster is your heirloom. No, not a professional, but I learned some of the quirks in hunting. How do I find you in Albuquerque. We are going to state fair, Frontier of course for breakfast and lunch, Pueblo Center, Chaco, many museums - Staying with a friend off of Commanche and near the Tramway. Bill is going to show me how to send our email. Will need info when we get there to call you, etc. I would suggest driving, not crawling, but stay alert to distance.Reads as if following a canyon and then coming to the "famous home of Brown." That capital B is bothering me. Might be a home off in distance - the Brown name is well-known in state. "Who Do Brown" made his home some where in Taos area. Of course there is one of Forrest's favorite artist with last name of Brown. What I can't figure out was why Sophiajaramillo, 3rd wife of Kit Carson I believe, was pictured in a small square of many pictures on one intro page of the treasure hunt - also Forrest was pictured. Then her picture disappeared. Well that picture sent me to research the Taos area and to the boy scout land where Lucien Maxwell and Kit Carson resided with their wives and children. So is Sophia's picture a clue. I always wondered about Angel Fire area and the Cimmarron which Lucien controlled because of land grants and marrying a rich gal. Still don't understand why her image was shown on that treasure page. We need to email you and pack the info for the trip anytime. Just think, we can go "huntin" together!

08-06-2013, 03:56 PM,
Treasure Hunting

<b>Quote from sandra-in-missouri on August 6, 2013, 4:13 pm</b>

First, I won both treasure prizes. Had some gift certificates and gave those away. Had to start a new saving of my winnings for a trip to New Mex. No. that pretty toaster is your heirloom. No, not a professional, but I learned some of the quirks in hunting. How do I find you in Albuquerque. We are going to state fair, Frontier of course for breakfast and lunch, Pueblo Center, Chaco, many museums - Staying with a friend off of Commanche and near the Tramway. Bill is going to show me how to send our email. Will need info when we get there to call you, etc. I would suggest driving, not crawling, but stay alert to distance.Reads as if following a canyon and then coming to the "famous home of Brown." That capital B is bothering me. Might be a home off in distance - the Brown name is well-known in state. "Who Do Brown" made his home some where in Taos area. Of course there is one of Forrest's favorite artist with last name of Brown. What I can't figure out was why Sophiajaramillo, 3rd wife of Kit Carson I believe, was pictured in a small square of many pictures on one intro page of the treasure hunt - also Forrest was pictured. Then her picture disappeared. Well that picture sent me to research the Taos area and to the boy scout land where Lucien Maxwell and Kit Carson resided with their wives and children. So is Sophia's picture a clue. I always wondered about Angel Fire area and the Cimmarron which Lucien controlled because of land grants and marrying a rich gal. Still don't understand why her image was shown on that treasure page. We need to email you and pack the info for the trip anytime. Just think, we can go "huntin" together!
</div>
dunbartim@hotmail dot com
08-06-2013, 03:59 PM,
Treasure Hunting
As soon as you cut grass and someone pays you for it your a professional grass cutter. Once a athlete takes money they lose there amateur standing. Apparently you have some skills that put you ahead of others. Nothing wrong being honest and modest.

I don't have to tell anyone anything already know who I'm and where I stand, most of the time I just smileSmile

Like Missouri Jesse James country, did a Jesse James site there, found a rock he carved his name on.

08-07-2013, 03:48 PM,
Treasure Hunting
I'm hooked on treasure hunting now. I'm definitely getting into the game on others after I get done with my Fenn search.

<b>Quote from mdavis19 on August 6, 2013, 6:38 am</b>

The general consensus is that the young guy probably worked a few days in one of the local mines and highgraded (stole) some particularly rich pieces of ore which he used to con the store owner out of the horse, saddle, clothes and other stuff, and there never was any gold on a ridge east of town.

Fun stories.

mdavis19
</div>

I imagine it was pretty easy to run cons in the old west. Plus you didn't have to worry about jail; if caught they'd just hang you from the highest tree.
08-08-2013, 11:43 AM,
Treasure Hunting

<b>Quote from mdavis19 on August 5, 2013, 6:27 am</b>

There are a handful of stories with some decent documentation behind them and confined to a fairly small geographic area. I had been hunting for two different lost treasures, and one famous lost item on my western vacation trips for years before I ever heard of Forrest Fenn. Sorry, not going to be more specific than that. I don't want the competition. With everyone looking for Fenn's treasure, I'll probably have the other sites all to myself the next time I go hunting them.

mdavis19
</div>

mdavis19,

I live in the Southwest. If you want boots on the ground... let me know. I have searched for some treasures. I think I know where one is... but I don't have a two-box or something similar. I do have 2 metal detectors and am fairly versed in symbols and markings. I already have a partner for the Fenn treasure. I have done most of the poem clues and most of the boots on the ground... but he is my pard and will get his agreed percentage (which is a very good percentage) when the treasure is recovered... no matter what. That's just the way I am. Of course, he would split my percentage if we were to do boots on the ground with you on a different treasure other then the Fenn. Honest partners are hard to find in this business... the trust has to go both ways. Hell, it's hard to find an honest person, period, these days...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  September 1, the End of Treasure Hunting Season.. Gordon Lightfoot 3 765 08-28-2018, 09:38 PM
Last Post: John Brown
  What is ff hunting for from the chase.. mikemarcum878 2 444 07-11-2018, 11:59 AM
Last Post: mikemarcum878
  Stephanies Treasure Hunting Map Ricky Nowak 7 2,445 07-26-2015, 07:40 PM
Last Post: will197532
  Treasure Hunting 1/25/15 Rick Nowak 16 3,061 01-26-2015, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Rick Nowak
  Treasure Hunting 2015 Rick Nowak 13 3,799 10-01-2014, 02:20 PM
Last Post: FFSeeker