Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange Reflections - An Introduction
09-12-2015, 04:17 PM,
Strange Reflections - An Introduction
Hello fellow Fenn searchers! This is my first post here, although I've trolled the sites for a while now. It amazes me the breadth of ideas that have been bandied around and the brain & foot power that have gone into this chase.

I am about to put BOTG for the first time as soon as I can get a break from work. As I've been putting together my travel map, I started thinking that if we could mirror the brain trust of info that searchers have gathered in this quest and apply it to social problems it would be quite a feat.

Of course, this crazy thought was selfishly inspired by a desire to actually get a break from my job. So I thought I'd mine for gold and see if anyone has had success applying cooperative brainstorming in internet forums to solving local social challenges.
09-12-2015, 05:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-12-2015, 05:30 PM by glock20.)
RE: Strange Reflections - An Introduction
HOLA AND ALOHA! Welcome to the Board.. solving local social challenges is not the Goal here. Its Finding Fenn's bronze cache. Searching and finding Fenn's Gold can solve many problems... and if not done responsibly like gambling can create new ones, I must add.

I've been battling the Fenn Fever Bug for years now... It becomes a mental illness or addiction. Can't stop surfing the web for research, reading Fenn's books for clues. Once you are hooked its worse than any illegal drug because even though your legs may stop hiking. The Mind never stops searching...
09-12-2015, 05:47 PM,
(09-12-2015, 05:33 PM)mountain digger Wrote: DaisyMae,

Please note that with your first thread and first post, you have already achieved a TWO STAR award on the forum!

To address your thought on "cooperative brainstorming", well...no one here can claim much success at solving local social challenges or, for that matter, success at solving most anything. But we TRY.

Good luck on your first time BOTG.

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you. I get the feeling you picked up on my real message. Check your p.m.
09-12-2015, 05:55 PM,
Daisy Mae, Hey ya'll. If you're friends with Lil Abner fenn's going to love you. Stay safe searchin.
09-12-2015, 06:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-12-2015, 06:12 PM by DaisyMae.)
Are you suggesting I should wear a polka dot peasant blouse to the book signing? Lol!
Ditto on the safe searching wishes... Gotta be safe and brave to go it alone.

(09-12-2015, 05:22 PM)glock20 Wrote: HOLA AND ALOHA! Welcome to the Board.. solving local social challenges is not the Goal here. Its Finding Fenn's bronze cache. Searching and finding Fenn's Gold can solve many problems... and if not done responsibly like gambling can create new ones, I must add.

I've been battling the Fenn Fever Bug for years now... It becomes a mental illness or addiction. Can't stop surfing the web for research, reading Fenn's books for clues. Once you are hooked its worse than any illegal drug because even though your legs may stop hiking. The Mind never stops searching...

What a pistol you are!
09-12-2015, 06:31 PM,
(09-12-2015, 06:11 PM)DaisyMae Wrote: Are you suggesting I should wear a polka dot peasant blouse to the book signing? Lol!
Ditto on the safe searching wishes... Gotta be safe and brave to go it alone.

(09-12-2015, 05:22 PM)glock20 Wrote: HOLA AND ALOHA! Welcome to the Board.. solving local social challenges is not the Goal here. Its Finding Fenn's bronze cache. Searching and finding Fenn's Gold can solve many problems... and if not done responsibly like gambling can create new ones, I must add.

What a pistol you are!

LOL! Yes, why not make it Fun right?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The first stanza as an introduction Skipper 6 961 01-12-2018, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Jack
  Introduction syd500 10 3,725 09-22-2016, 06:39 PM
Last Post: old drum
  Strange woods deb 30 16,947 04-17-2016, 02:09 PM
Last Post: boomergirl
  "The Strange Case of Forrest Fenn" By the Bone Collector Rick Nowak 17 5,512 10-01-2014, 11:39 PM
Last Post: Woody Bogg