Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Poem and The Map
09-14-2015, 11:10 PM,
The Poem and The Map
In 2012 I began my battle with cancer. While sitting in the waiting room for radiation treatment number 28 I wished that something would change. Surgery and chemotherapy had morphed my physical appearance from age 44 to 60 in several months. That Fall my husband and I drove into the wilderness seeking peace with the world.
In 2013 I came across "The Poem" as I was looking for answers to my new predicament. I ordered the "Thrill of the Chase." I printed off a copy of an article on 2/28/2013 which included Forrest Fenn's poem. The article asked, "Will millions in buried treasure inspire you to get off your butt?" Suddenly I had two kinds of hope; 1) I could be cancer- free and 2) I could find the treasure.
I have been sure to get out there and go searching. I even found "a blaze" painted in silver arrow on top of a 2 ton boulder in a dry wash. Walked in tall grass filled with spider webs and peered into huge snags of dead trees.
Until tonight I discovered I had never really ... Read "The Poem." At the very end of "To Far to Walk" I finally found the fold-out map of the four states. Someone sent me an email with the link to Tapatalk. After reading all the posts about the radio talk show from Santa Fe I realized the difference between reading "The Poem" with 9 clues in the book and just printing a quick copy off from the Internet. Technically I have been searching for the past few years but not really reading.

P.S. I did hear Forrest say "not buried" on the radio today. LOL
The boulder has an etched arrow pointing to Horseshoe Dam. I am going back to get the GPS coordinates to see if the arrow "points" along a certain line of latitude. Maybe the lines triangulate a position. Omega nav sys before gps, VOR points of reference in flight plans.
09-14-2015, 11:52 PM,
The Poem and The Map
Love your story Marie, you can beat it and you can find the treasure.
Just remember it's not what they say, it's what they whisper....
09-15-2015, 02:51 PM,
RE: The Poem and The Map
Welcome Marie...like you...it was an article...mine (3/6/2013) was titled "New Mexico treasure hunt is Forrest Fenn's legacy" that I pulled out of my local newspaper.

Don't forget to also read the poem out loud every once in a while!
09-15-2015, 04:57 PM,
The Poem and The Map
Thank you true north. Two very thoughtful comments ; ).

(09-15-2015, 02:51 PM)Retired Postmaster Wrote: Welcome Marie...like you...it was an article...mine (3/6/2013) was titled "New Mexico treasure hunt is Forrest Fenn's legacy" that I pulled out of my local newspaper.

Don't forget to also read the poem out loud every once in a while!

I have been reading the poem out loud as you say. My husband has begun to memorize the words too. As he tells me to think like a pilot I laugh because he can and I only have .8 hrs in my pilot's log! TBT.
09-16-2015, 01:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-16-2015, 01:30 AM by Buddy Allen.)
Marie welcome and all the best to you and your family. Please don't take this the wrong way because I wish you only the best but you may have an advantage in TTOTC. Good luck in everything.
09-18-2015, 12:23 AM,
The Poem and The Map
Well I do not have a Lear jet or any airplane now. Actually my husband took my Tundra and swapped it out for a Corolla!!! So no more bumpy dirt roads are in my future. We are going out on the road camping before more Dr. Appts. Good luck to the bear spray ammo- packing crew et al.
09-27-2015, 11:51 PM,
The Poem and The Map
We camped up north and it rained and the wind came and we were even chilly one night!!! Crossed paths with an interesting gentleman who gave practical solutions to problems. If something isn't working for you, change it.
11-04-2015, 04:34 PM,
The Poem and The Map
So, in light of current developments we are no longer, searchers. My husband says it is way too dangerous to contend with all the elements in this search.
11-06-2015, 02:09 PM,
Good luck Marie
12-01-2015, 04:36 AM,
The search for the TC is the way that Mr Fenn wants everyone to get out and actually see the great outdoors. Just as he did with his family, he wants all of us to do the same. Putting our electronic devices away and getting out of the house are the things that he wants us to do. Hunting for a TC full of gold and other goodies adds to the thrill. Anyone of us could figure it out and actually find it. We can also find ourselves along the way. That part, finding yourself, will be different for everyone.

Point being, everyone's reason for finding the TC is going to be different and for different reasons. We as adults have to respect that. It does not matter if it is for religion, for love, for finances, or for health; we just have to get out there and exercise our brains and bodies through the search. The extras you find along the way are just bonuses. Bonuses that will hopefully enhance your life for the better.

One has two choices in the matter:
1) Do absolutely nothing and carry on as they have been doing = No Chances for Changes
or
2) Get out there and attempt to find the treasure and possibly themselves = Great Possibility for Changes in their lives

May all of you out there actively searching have a great time! Remember, if nothing else, you are building memories that will last a lifetime!