Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Cipher debate
09-16-2015, 08:17 PM,
The Cipher debate
This is his response to his use of ciphers in his solve.
The White Knight on September 16, 2015 at 3:21 pm said:
Hello Goofy,

When Forrest was talking about complex codes and ciphers I think he was talking about mathematical codes and the like. People were generating numbers from the postmarks in his book, converting them to algorithms etc.

The Lewis & Clark ‘thing’ is a simple letter substitution. He probably didn’t regard that as a ‘cipher’ as it’s not numerically based although that’s what it is, however simple.

I don’t know but my guess is that when Forrest said he regretted telling Searchers one thing, saying ciphers weren’t involved may have been the one thing he regretted?

Note: no cipher is involved with the given text of the poem. The cipher is involved once you get the answers to the clues. So technically a cipher doesn’t help Searchers solve answers to the ‘clues’ themselves.

Regards

The White Knight (Andrew Briggs).
09-16-2015, 08:32 PM,
The White Knight - Andrew Briggs
I'm applying a cipher to that answer now......
Yep,
Just came back.
Bullsh&t with a British accent.
09-16-2015, 08:45 PM,
RE: The White Knight - Andrew Briggs
[quote='true north' pid='70243' dateline='1442453550']
I'm applying a cipher to that answer now......
Yep,
Just came back.
Loll
Black knight would be more appropriate....saying he is giving away his solve when he is actually selling it....
09-16-2015, 08:47 PM,
I saw that on Dal's site also. It's all BS just to sell his e-book. Forrest saying he regretted saying there are no ciphers for the poem isn't even on the same planet as the truth. Also, saying you have to figure out the clues and then use the cipher on them after goes against everything Forrest has said from the beginning. There are no cipher's involved.
09-16-2015, 09:06 PM,
(09-16-2015, 08:47 PM)kulaid813 Wrote: I saw that on Dal's site also. It's all BS just to sell his e-book. Forrest saying he regretted saying there are no ciphers for the poem isn't even on the same planet as the truth. Also, saying you have to figure out the clues and then use the cipher on them after goes against everything Forrest has said from the beginning. There are no cipher's involved.

Yea I agree..
09-16-2015, 09:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-16-2015, 09:25 PM by glock20.)
(09-16-2015, 08:32 PM)true north Wrote: I'm applying a cipher to that answer now......
Yep,
Just came back.

LOL! True North... I couldn't agree more! Forrest did not like Math... Obviously, I don't think the Brit knows what Forrest is all about.. Its definitely not Math or Logarithms, maybe the next stop will Derivatives and a tie to the up and down of the Stock Market. Imagination is Greater than knowledge and I think Einstein would even tell us the work and search must be done in the Field..

Unless there's an equation for finding the common denominator in Mountain Men, Fur Traders, American Indians, Mother Nature, Vietnam War, add a tad of geography and history, Art Galleries and famous Artists and West Yellowstone...

Keep computing Mathematicians... Calculus is not going to solve anything but problems on a piece of paper not in finding a Chest in the Forest.

I would also REFUSE to hide something so beautiful and link it to Mathematics.. That's basically putting Mother Nature last!

Larsonist, Do you concur with me at least on this?
09-16-2015, 09:35 PM,
(09-16-2015, 09:10 PM)glock20 Wrote:
(09-16-2015, 08:32 PM)true north Wrote: I'm applying a cipher to that answer now......
Yep,
Just came back.

LOL! True North... I couldn't agree more! Forrest did not like Math... Obviously, I don't think the Brit knows what Forrest is all about.. Its definitely not Math or Logarithms, maybe the next stop will Derivatives and a tie to the up and down of the Stock Market. Imagination is Greater than knowledge and I think Einstein would even tell us the work and search must be done in the Field..

Unless there's an equation for finding the common denominator in Mountain Men, Fur Traders, American Indians, Mother Nature, Vietnam War, add a tad of geography and history, Art Galleries and famous Artists and West Yellowstone...

Keep computing Mathematicians... Calculus is not going to solve anything but problems on a piece of paper not in finding a Chest in the Forest.

I would also REFUSE to hide something so beautiful and link it to Mathematics.. That's basically putting Mother Nature last!

Larsonist, Do you concur with me at least on this?
I concur.
09-16-2015, 09:48 PM,
The White Knight - Andrew Briggs
[Image: 9519cd60d00261821ff9fd24a184cae3.jpg]
09-16-2015, 10:02 PM,
The guy has brains and realizing his solution was lacking he did what a number of failed searchers did. He wrote a book to monetize his efforts instead

He also realized he needed a lot more publicity to sell his book and he preemptively sent his solve to the interviewer beforehand hoping he would be mentioned.

He could not possibly have imagined in his wildest dreams being told he had it mostly figured out by F and now his book is selling like hot cakes. He is one lucky SOB!

"Let me tell you something else. I've seen a lot of spinals solves, Dude, and this guy is a fake. A ****ing goldbricker." -Walter Sobchack
09-16-2015, 10:17 PM,
(09-16-2015, 09:48 PM)true north Wrote: [Image: 9519cd60d00261821ff9fd24a184cae3.jpg]

HA! LOL! One of my favorite movies.. I had to steal that saying. Leo is a cocky guy, but you gotta love his acting.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Photoshop or altering photos .... Ff settles the debate Kpro 91 8,985 03-08-2017, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Kpro
  Scrapbook 62: To cipher or not to cipher? Doc 27 8,482 12-04-2015, 05:50 AM
Last Post: astree
  Cascade Cipher Wild Goose 3 525 11-25-2015, 06:00 AM
Last Post: astree
  Skip Cipher revealed Wild Goose 20 5,308 11-01-2015, 03:56 PM
Last Post: Retired Postmaster
  Are anagrams a code or cipher? admin 8 2,020 10-15-2015, 07:24 AM
Last Post: le Chef
  coriolis effect cipher admin 5 489 12-23-2013, 01:56 PM
Last Post: mdavis19