Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is TTOTC a hoax?
09-29-2015, 02:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 02:47 PM by Buddy Allen.)
Is TTOTC a hoax?
Some less than imaginative people have suggested that ff created the chase to try and get back at the government for impugning his character.

ff's house was searched on or about June 12, 2009 (I think but am not 100% positive about that, I wasn't there at the time).

TTOTC book was published in 2010. It would be helpful to know what month.

We can begin to make a list of all the things ff would have to have done in less than 18 months for this B.S. theory to be correct (6 months if TTOTC was published in early 2010).

He would have to acquire, or make, or have made the bronze box. (I've seen his jars and bells, they look like hammered dog poop compared to the TC)

He would have to obtain or borrow all the gold items that are in the treasure photos.

He would have to show those items to many different people in the safe at his house.

He would have to write the poem and the book.

He would have to get all the art work for the book done.

Get the treasure photos taken.

Get the book published (printing and binding done by different companies in different states).

Make arrangements to have it sold at Collected Works.

Make arrangements for interviews and magazine articles.

Get the FBI to drop their investigation and admit he committed no crime.

Put his phone number and email address in the book for any wacko to contact him.

Line up hundreds of friends and family members many of them well known celebrities who all vouch for what a great guy he is.

Make arrangements to get awards from the Governor of New Mexico and various other civic entities and associations.

Who can think of what else he had to get accomplished sometime between 6 and 18 months?

All of this in an attempt to damage the environment that he has a life long track record of loving, enjoying, and working to protect.
09-29-2015, 02:31 PM,
RE: Is TTOTC a hoax?
Good point but if those graves were on his property then he did have every legal right to do that.
09-29-2015, 02:45 PM,
Release date of ttotc was October 25. 2010.
09-29-2015, 02:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 02:54 PM by Buddy Allen.)
(09-29-2015, 02:33 PM)SlickNickeL Wrote: Sorry, didn't want that long rehash, I, as a point, don't delete because of removes, it was formating issues.

Short answer,
he was a grave robber!

And of course you have evidence of this or you could testify in court that you saw him do it.

(09-29-2015, 02:45 PM)Jack Wrote: Release date of ttotc was October 25. 2010.

Thanks Jack, so we are looking at 16 months.
09-29-2015, 03:49 PM,
(09-29-2015, 02:33 PM)SlickNickeL Wrote: Sorry, didn't want that long rehash, I, as a point, don't delete because of removes, it was formating issues.

Short answer,
he was a grave robber!
I love reading your post! I feel my IQ points go up with every post! Sense he don't have a degree in archaeology he's automatically a grave robber but if he had a degree that he would be a archaeologist? So we can't take up hobbies cause of the judgement of others! I like collecting coins but sense I don't have a degree in coins that it a simple answer! I'm a pirate!

Dumb quest deserve dumb answers!
09-29-2015, 04:23 PM,
Amen, MD!
09-29-2015, 04:27 PM,
(09-29-2015, 04:23 PM)Midlifehnter Wrote: Amen, MD!

I like that as well! It's like throwing up two tall boys ( middle fingers )
09-29-2015, 04:29 PM,
The hoaxers win when we reply to them.

They exist for the outrage they create by posting their arguments. My constant motto is DNR---do not reply. They do not post things that can be proven wrong because they create a fear in us, a doubt, that things are not really what they seem. Hard facts become softer 'maybes', reality becomes rubbery and insecure. They never prove anything. They impose the burden of proof on us and we take the bait every time.

We're ripe for these scammers because there has been no end for our search anxiety---no one has found the chest. DNR. Say it again and again. DNR. Ever. Each reply allows these vampires another hour in the sunlight when they should be dead and cold in an air-tight vault.
09-29-2015, 04:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 04:41 PM by HarryFool.)
I would say there are probably very few people that 100% believe its a hoax or 100% believe its not a hoax. You simply don't know (until or if the chest is found) and one must make a judgment call. For me, the longer the chase goes on the more I doubt it.

I think its unlikely a man like F would fake it when he has done good things, been a war hero and has many accomplishments to his name. I believe he really does want to entomb himself with the chest when his time comes. Does he want it found? Hell no! And there lies the problem.

I expect its going to be real difficult to find even if you are within 200ft.

"Let me tell you something else. I've seen a lot of spinals solves, Dude, and this guy is a fake. A ****ing goldbricker." -Walter Sobchack
09-29-2015, 04:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 04:45 PM by will197532.)
(09-29-2015, 04:29 PM)Larsonist Wrote: The hoaxers win when we reply to them.

They exist for the outrage they create by posting their arguments. My constant motto is DNR---do not reply. They do not post things that can be proven wrong because they create a fear in us, a doubt, that things are not really what they seem. Hard facts become softer 'maybes', reality becomes rubbery and insecure. They never prove anything. They impose the burden of proof on us and we take the bait every time.

We're ripe for these scammers because there has been no end for our search anxiety---no one has found the chest. DNR. Say it again and again. DNR. Ever. Each reply allows these vampires another hour in the sunlight when they should be dead and cold in an air-tight vault.

It's fun though! I can with a fight with a HOAXer! It's good practice for my wife Wink

(09-29-2015, 04:37 PM)HarryFool Wrote: I would say there are probably very few people that 100% believe its a hoax or 100% believe its not a hoax. You simply don't know (until or if the chest is found) and one must make a judgment call. For me, the longer the chase goes on the more I doubt it.

I think its unlikely a man like F would fake it when he has done good things, been a war hero and has many accomplishments to his name. I believe he really does want to entomb himself with the chest when his time comes. Does he want it found? Hell no! And there lies the problem.

I expect its going to be real difficult to find even if you are within 200ft.

People in Forrest time and Era believe in different things then we do today. In Forrest time and era a handshake was all you need to have a house built or buy a car! So ethics play a role for me to believe

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ruh roh...Linda is back. Its a hoax! romeofoxtrot 14 1,513 08-31-2016, 07:17 PM
Last Post: timberwolf
  Dal's view of the hoax issue DaisyMae 57 6,249 08-20-2016, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Sourdough
Big Grin No HOAX folks?? Project Why 15 1,190 08-17-2016, 01:33 PM
Last Post: fundamental design
  For those who think its a hoax. Hammertime 0 314 07-22-2016, 10:44 AM
Last Post: Hammertime
  Casting - Is it a hoax? tomaijian 684 33,324 08-03-2015, 08:22 PM
Last Post: HarryFool