Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Putting the Double Omegas to Rest
10-07-2015, 01:14 PM,
Putting the Double Omegas to Rest
Forrest said the hints in the book weren't intentionally placed there to aid the searcher.

The double omegas are an example of something intentionally placed.

Therefore, the double omegas have nothing to do with finding the chest as they would not qualify as a hint. Whatever meaning they may have is irrelevant.
10-07-2015, 01:25 PM,
RE: Putting the Double Omegas to Rest
I've been going with another theory of what the hints weren't intentionally placed to aid the searcher means. What if a searcher discovers the hints in TTOTC and the answer to the hints jive together and point to a specific area that is well defined but of a larger scope than the specific spot or area of the first clue...wwwh for example if that's what you think the first clue is. By this design ff can say the hints weren't intentionally placed there to AID the searcher in getting closer to the chest from the first clue but they are helpful in finding the correct starting point which can jive with the first stantza. It depends on the meaning of the word aid. My two cents.
-.-..The keeper of the key
10-07-2015, 01:42 PM,
The things that ff refuses to answer (because he doesn't want to give that as a clue or because it would give too much away) are very relevant. Two examples are what are the meaning of the omegas and what was the date you hid the TC.

dj you can give up on finding those answers but I won't.
10-07-2015, 01:55 PM,
Not answering doesn't mean it's related to the chase.

I have reason to believe Forrest cheated on Peggy with Olga. I believe they had a long standing affair. Omega in the modern language is 'O.' I believe the double Omegas is a reference to Olga.

If that ever got out I would assume his wife wouldn't be too happy with that. So he keeps it a secret.
10-07-2015, 02:39 PM,
(10-07-2015, 01:55 PM)djjmciv Wrote: Not answering doesn't mean it's related to the chase.

I have reason to believe Forrest cheated on Peggy with Olga. I believe they had a long standing affair. Omega in the modern language is 'O.' I believe the double Omegas is a reference to Olga.

If that ever got out I would assume his wife wouldn't be too happy with that. So he keeps it a secret.

I have always used Olga as "A log". I dont know about the affair, but there does seem to be some relevance. If he wanted to keep it a secret, then I dont know if he would have tied it into the chase. Maybe an abortion or something at one time I could see.. Especially with the words Roe vs Wade. No rowing, just wading up the creek.
10-07-2015, 05:55 PM,
(10-07-2015, 01:14 PM)djjmciv Wrote: Forrest said the hints in the book weren't intentionally placed there to aid the searcher.

Therefore, the double omegas have nothing to do with finding the chest as they would not qualify as a hint. Whatever meaning they may have is irrelevant.

this is a bit ridiculous
I understand why some people want to downplay the value of the books, but we are not the authority... we just interpret the books how we like. Until ff rules out something.
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
10-07-2015, 09:11 PM,
Forrest said that he will take the meaning of the double omegas to his grave. If he is no longer intending to make the location of the treasure chest his gravesite, this may tell you something about the secret nature and/or intent of the omegas.

I believe Forrest is certainly one to include secret, sincere messages to other loved ones in his work, either dead or alive, but likely dead, regardless of whether or not anyone can determine what they are, and especially regardless of any intention on his part to have someone figure it out. A secret is a secret, and some are meant to stay so. However, this is not a claim on my part to say that the omegas are to be ignored.

Halogetter
10-07-2015, 09:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-07-2015, 09:25 PM by Milan.)
(10-07-2015, 01:14 PM)djjmciv Wrote: Forrest said the hints in the book weren't intentionally placed there to aid the searcher.

Forrest "wrote" that there are "clues" [Edit: not "hints"] in the book (see page 133 where it says "subtle clues"). I'd say that trumps what "Forrest said"...
10-07-2015, 09:44 PM,
(10-07-2015, 09:11 PM)Halogetter Wrote: Forrest said that he will take the meaning of the double omegas to his grave. If he is no longer intending to make the location of the treasure chest his gravesite, this may tell you something about the secret nature and/or intent of the omegas.

I believe Forrest is certainly one to include secret, sincere messages to other loved ones in his work, either dead or alive, but likely dead, regardless of whether or not anyone can determine what they are, and especially regardless of any intention on his part to have someone figure it out. A secret is a secret, and some are meant to stay so. However, this is not a claim on my part to say that the omegas are to be ignored.

Halogetter
I agree! It sounds like a pack to himself or someone about the Omegas? Maybe his dad when his dad ended his suffering and maybe thats when Forrest made the same deal with himself. I don't think we will ever know or ever will.
10-08-2015, 12:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-08-2015, 10:47 AM by decall.)
(10-07-2015, 09:44 PM)will197532 Wrote:
(10-07-2015, 09:11 PM)Halogetter Wrote: Forrest said that he will take the meaning of the double omegas to his grave. If he is no longer intending to make the location of the treasure chest his gravesite, this may tell you something about the secret nature and/or intent of the omegas.

Halogetter
I agree! It sounds like a pack to himself or someone about the Omegas? Maybe his dad when his dad ended his suffering and maybe thats when Forrest made the same deal with himself. I don't think we will ever know or ever will.

Imo the omegas are in the poem and essential to the solution. Sooooo he can't talk about them. The last Omega IS his grave, making his statement even more truthful.
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I rest my case crazyfamily 10 1,031 08-06-2018, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Batters up, took a rest from driving, realized the dual map DeeepThnkr 0 265 08-02-2018, 03:02 PM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  Omegas in the Poem? (video) decall 17 1,804 03-29-2018, 04:54 PM
Last Post: McFly
  Double Omegas Mindy 26 4,388 09-30-2017, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Mindy
  the 2 omegas lostowl 0 1,260 05-22-2017, 03:43 PM
Last Post: lostowl
  A Life-Time Of Rest I KEEP MY SECRETS 1 1,074 03-29-2017, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Urban_Archaeologist