Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Yellowstone Area
08-13-2013, 12:55 AM,
West Yellowstone Area
I'm brand new to the chase, so this may be a dumb question, but has the West Yellowstone Area been searched already with a fine-toothed comb? Would anyone be willing to share ideas that didn't quite work out? Also, Hebgen Lake as WWWH? Too obvious?
08-13-2013, 06:57 AM,
West Yellowstone Area

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Mal on August 13, 2013, 1:55 am</b>

I'm brand new to the chase, so this may be a dumb question, but has the West Yellowstone Area been searched already with a fine-toothed comb? Would anyone be willing to share ideas that didn't quite work out? Also, Hebgen Lake as WWWH? Too obvious?
</div>
The chest is 10"x10"x6".No place has been searched that thoroughly.
08-13-2013, 09:02 AM,
West Yellowstone Area

<b>Quote from Phantom on August 13, 2013, 7:57 am</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">

</div>
The chest is 10"x10"x6".No place has been searched that thoroughly.</div>
</div>

I think the size of the chest is 10x10x5 not 6 and you missed it by an inch Phantom

I am not being picky but I am thinking of building a mock up of the chest and building them is no problem but I need some better graphics which I can then have printed on vinyl stick paper to paste on the sides. I will fill it with painted gold rocks and candy gold coins.

Anyone want to help?

If you can't find it then buy it and I need a better idea of what I am looking for

Anyone hate this idea?

Not for resell but I would love to fool others with a fake chest

so sorta like an implant.
08-13-2013, 09:46 AM,
West Yellowstone Area
Tim,I also had seen report of the 10x10x5 size but Forrest also stated 10x10x6

Maybe the 1" discrepancy is the feet and not so important.

Maybe Forrest has a tractor trailer load of replicas and would part with one.
08-13-2013, 10:18 AM,
West Yellowstone Area

<b>Quote from Phantom on August 13, 2013, 10:46 am</b>

Tim,I also had seen report of the 10x10x5 size but Forrest also stated 10x10x6

Maybe the 1" discrepancy is the feet and not so important.

Maybe Forrest has a tractor trailer load of replicas and would part with one.
</div>

I really have never heard of the 10x10x6 but 1" is not killing me

I think there is only one chest I doubt two but I will make another three

Don't ask forrest for the chest he will just ignore you so make your own and

put it on your mantle and be happy that you have one maybe.

Phantom your post are getting better and not bitter it seems
08-13-2013, 10:44 AM,
West Yellowstone Area
Tim,If you noticed the vultures have stopped swarming here.
12-18-2013, 01:43 PM,
West Yellowstone Area
We had a great trip to Yellowstone. Found nothing but an old axe and a place that looked like a building may have been there at one point. A hole in the ground with lots of scrap metal around. No treasure but lots of fun.

12-18-2013, 02:05 PM,
West Yellowstone Area
Hey Steph, Forrest says 10x10x6 on the last video. The one that Toby recorded.
12-28-2013, 01:41 PM,
West Yellowstone Area
Sneaky Tim...Thought of something like that myself...Keep the discovery quiet for a while, replace the real box with a fake and with a note of condolence to the SECOND seeker to find it...EVIL!...LOL... Smile
12-28-2013, 04:04 PM,
West Yellowstone Area

</div>

Everyone and their pet hamsters have gone over Yellowstone National Park with a sieve looking for the treasure. So much so that staff there are watching the toilets closely, and the graves, to prevent people looking for "the home of Brown."