Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seasons
10-15-2015, 07:53 PM,
RE: Seasons
(10-15-2015, 07:47 PM)John Brown Wrote:
(10-15-2015, 10:14 AM)glock20 Wrote: I have a fantasy to go Snow mobiling thru Yellowstone in the Winter.... that's gotta be so awesome! seeing the Geyers, snow, animals, etc.... AND best of ALL.. NOT MANY TOURISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't be a girly-man. I guess you take after the gubminator. Snow mobiles stink. I mean that literally. Develop skillz. Snow shoe or X-country ski in. It is way way way cooler and you still won't find the treasure but you'll still treasure the experience. Drive in on an ()#)(*)(*)*-mobile and you'll forget it in a night or two.
Hey glock20, I've got 2 snowmobiles with trailer. Run great. Low low price
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
10-15-2015, 08:48 PM,
(10-15-2015, 07:53 PM)decall Wrote: I've got 2 snowmobiles with trailer. Run great. Low low price

Just another girly man. You haven't been in the mountains until you've been stuck in the mountains. My X-country skiing friends found Al Unser's snow mobile stuck in the snow, still warm, and after debate opted not to dump sugar in the fuel tank. You can google and find the MEDIA story. Here's an example: http://journaltimes.com/news/national/un...ad352.html Funny thing is that he was very close to a road but didn't know it. The media reported Unser's heroic tribulations and brush with death. Hilarious. Absolutely hilarious. LOL.
10-15-2015, 09:48 PM,
(10-15-2015, 09:28 PM)Project Why Wrote: you're a dick. What do you think about that? Dick. Why don't you keep your narcissistic comments to yourself. Dick.

Don't drink and post.
10-15-2015, 10:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-15-2015, 10:54 PM by glock20.)
(10-15-2015, 10:14 AM)glock20 Wrote: I have a fantasy to go Snow mobiling thru Yellowstone in the Winter.... that's gotta be so awesome! seeing the Geyers, snow, animals, etc.... AND best of ALL.. NOT MANY TOURISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't be a girly-man. I guess you take after the gubminator. Snow mobiles stink. I mean that literally. Develop skillz. Snow shoe or X-country ski in. It is way way way cooler and you still won't find the treasure but you'll still treasure the experience. Drive in on an ()#)(*)(*)*-mobile and you'll forget it in a night or two.

LOL! I would prefer to outrun the Avalanches and the Grizzlies on a snow mobile... and yes, gassing a throttle is much easier than trucking thru with snow-shoes... Even Eskimos cruise on snow mobiles!
10-16-2015, 07:14 PM,
(10-16-2015, 12:51 AM)Liv Wrote:
(10-15-2015, 07:47 PM)John Brown Wrote: ... Develop skillz. Snow shoe or X-country ski in. It is way way way cooler and you still won't find the treasure but you'll still treasure the experience. Drive in on an ()#)(*)(*)*-mobile and you'll forget it in a night or two.

John,
Don't be a girlie man... develop skillz. Start walking and better yet learn how to fly.
Planes stink. I mean literary. So you better grow some wings.
Well...at the least, grow some balls and start rolling Tongue

I'd guess you were my search partner and yanking my chain except I don't think the time zone exists that he's up at 5:41 AM in.
10-16-2015, 08:35 PM,
(10-15-2015, 10:54 PM)glock20 Wrote:

LOL! I would prefer to outrun the Avalanches and the Grizzlies on a snow mobile... and yes, gassing a throttle is much easier than trucking thru with snow-shoes... Even Eskimos cruise on snow mobiles!

Snowmobilers top the list of those who die in avalanches across North America. http://www.saferiderssafetyawareness.org...iling.html

You know why that is? Avalanches don't just happen. They're triggered.
10-18-2015, 02:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-18-2015, 03:00 PM by John Brown.)
I can't tell you how many times I've been out on X country skis or snowshoes and heard that familiar
"whumphing " sound that avy ready snow makes. You hear those sounds and notice you're launching little slabs down the slope? You pay attention. It is my belief that snow mobilers are far more likely to be oblivious of their surroundings than skiers and show shoe-ers. Thus we get people like Al Unser sticking their snow mobiles in drifts who then run like a chicken with its head cut off when he was only a few hundred yards from a road.

But I think the coolest thing along those lines I ever heard was a network of cracks propagating. I think they went 3-400 yards. I'm not sure how fast they moved, some fraction of the speed of sound I think, but slow enough that I could tell that they were spreading and not instantaneous. Hundreds of feet per second I guess, but they propagated maybe a quarter mile so the whole thing lasted 3-5 seconds. You hear that stuff and you think "hmmm. Maybe I shouldn't be here."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This Seasons’s Braggarts Bet 66 4,083 05-17-2018, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Weather/Seasons/Mystical Places/Animals Folklore Mindy 2 356 04-19-2018, 05:54 PM
Last Post: easternOHsteve