Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Forrest's Special Spot is Revealed!
10-26-2015, 08:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-26-2015, 11:20 AM by admin.)
Forrest's Special Spot is Revealed!
Just read the story on hoD where Cynthia was told by Charmay a place that Forrest told her he wanted to die. Cynthia of course isn't saying where that is.

Thoughts? Seems everyone is happy for Cynthia to have that information. Is it the place?
10-26-2015, 08:57 AM,
RE: So Charmay told Cynthia where Forrest told her he wanted to die?
I'm sort of confused why Charmay would have said that to a searcher. If it's right, then she blew Forrest's treasure hunt by giving it away to someone who didn't figure it out for themselves and also cost many people everything they have into this.

I agree about why would Cynthia even say that on hoD...it shows a clear advantage and cheat. Seems odd to me that she would post that unless the spot is wrong as I'd think she would have searched it already...but she says...I was told by Forrest's dear friend a place Forrest himself said he wanted to die. Let me get this straight...we only die once right? So there should only be ONE spot....hmmm. My only hope is that Forrest was messing with Cynthia and told Charmay to do that...but just FYI....one of the original reasons I had issues was that Cynthia was given private information about my search details.

Now don't get me wrong. I have no gripe with Cynthia....who wouldn't be an opportunist....

I personally believe at this very moment that I was given incorrect information about being close. The only way I can determine that is by searching in places that I've never been to. It's hard to let go of that "fact".
10-26-2015, 09:00 AM,
I for one am not happy she has the info and won't share.It's one thing to have the info, but why dangle that carrot in front of other searchers? Why wouldn't she just keep that info quiet anyways? I could answer my own question but I'm not sure the language I would use would be appropriate.
10-26-2015, 09:04 AM,
Ok so since we're so dense, why don't you enlighten us Rick. Tell us what this is all about. Do you believe Forrest was setting up Cynthia with false information to get her excited?
10-26-2015, 09:16 AM,
If this conversation between Forrest and Charmay occurred in 1977, Forrest had yet to receive his news about his cancer. He was 47 yrs old and he was still learning about New Mexico. This could have been a casual conversation and Forrest simply mentioned something that many people feel---he had seen a spot that was beautiful, peaceful---a spot that gave him a sense of serenity and calm. Who hasn't felt this same way while visiting a beautiful spot in the mountains? He wasn't intending to die at this point. He was just marveling at some beautiful spot he'd found.

It's too big a stretch to believe he was describing the chest hiding spot at this time. The cancer experience was still ahead of him.
10-26-2015, 09:17 AM,
Just more meaningless drama. Nothing will ever come of it, except that it gives people something to fight, obsess and argue about instead of actually solving the poem. Rick is right. This is one reason why I've always felt a woman won't solve this. They are too busy with their silly little cat fights over who said what to/about whom to actually concentrate on the problem long enough to make any progress.

There, I just united all the women in hatred against me. Now maybe they will actually work together a little bit and get along. Fat chance.

mdavis19
10-26-2015, 09:26 AM,
What's with the woman hater spiel Mike?

I agree WTN. The whole reason that Forrest didn't tell anyone of the spot is that it would be dangerous for them. Her site can be right or wrong, but some will perceive as it possible.

If he said it in 1977...and he told her he wanted to die there...it was 11 years till he devised this plan. He said he already knew of the spot...so seems to me that it's likely it would be the same place.
10-26-2015, 09:28 AM,
Un oh.....Fins is walking on a tight rope by questioning their feelings about Cynthia getting information about the location. I expect they will be banned shortly.....
10-26-2015, 09:41 AM,
(10-26-2015, 09:32 AM)Who Trolls Nigh Wrote: Fins is right. Cynthia chummed the waters while Dal threw Charmay overboard.

They even included a photo of poor Charmay.

Aye. Concern for the wolves sharks should be reason enough to make that information public.
-T-

“I’ve said searchers should go back to the poem so many times that I don’t want to say it again here.” -ff

“The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes.” -Sherlock Holmes
10-26-2015, 09:45 AM,
(10-26-2015, 09:42 AM)endofthechase Wrote: If Cynthia's post about the TSAWARI/Santa Cruz location is the spot that FF wanted to die.... then why is everyone obsessing over this. I took the same route that Cyntia took to the Santa Cruz/Puebla location and this area is too populated and the lake too popular of a fishing/picnic destination to hide the treasure. Moreover, there is Indian Land everwhere in this area. Fear not, the FF treasure is not in TSAWARI. However, if you like to look for treasure there is a TEWA folk story of treasure that was left at the TSAWARI ruins that is buried in some bell shaped jars. Look for that one.

She specifically said that is not the place Charmay mentioned.
-T-

“I’ve said searchers should go back to the poem so many times that I don’t want to say it again here.” -ff

“The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes.” -Sherlock Holmes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Forrest say we need any special equipment? seabear 23 4,566 07-01-2016, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Silentfly
  First Clue revealed by Forrest djjmciv 4 1,481 11-04-2015, 11:24 AM
Last Post: glock20
  Skip Cipher revealed Wild Goose 20 5,036 11-01-2015, 03:56 PM
Last Post: Retired Postmaster
  Special Place or Special Spot? Mack 1 892 08-12-2015, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Halogetter
  Wheres your special spot? admin 6 739 07-14-2014, 10:21 AM
Last Post: astree
  "A Special Place" - How Special is Hebgen Lake & West Yellostone in 7 Photos 6 fishin holes, all reached by CAR from Tem SantaFe 3 1,060 03-11-2014, 08:34 PM
Last Post: musstag