Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forrest Gets Mail – 9
11-02-2015, 05:42 PM,
Forrest Gets Mail – 9
http://dalneitzel.com/2015/11/02/forrest-gets-mail-9/

In this email from Forrest to a journalist in Italy, Forrest answers some questions you may have been wondering about yourself.

—————

Are there signs that people are getting closer to solving your puzzle? How many clues have people solved now?
Searchers have come within about 200 feet. Some may have solved the first four clues, but I am not certain.

You have told people to stay at home unless they have solved the first clue.
If you don’t know where you are going any trail will take you there.

Do expect that people will somehow *know* for sure once they have found the first clue?
No, many people have found the first clue but they didn’t know it. Until someone finds the treasure they will not know for sure that they have discovered the first clue.

Or they might have found it without realizing it?
Yes

Is it an advantage to buy The Thrill of the Chase and Too Far to Walk?
There are hints in my TTOTC book that can help solve the clues in the poem.

We don’t have sagebrush here. Is it a nice smell or a strange smell? Does it smell like the herb?
Sagebrush has a nice aroma that lasts a long time if you take a cutting home and let it dry. I used to put twigs in letters to clients hoping the smell will remind them, and lure them back to my art gallery. Please tell Italy hello. I love your country and its people.
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
11-02-2015, 05:45 PM,
RE: Forrest Gets Mail – 9
"Some may have solved the first four clues"
this is the first time i've heard him say that
And
if you believe like me, someone has seen the blaze....
that logically seems like more that 4 clues solved correctly
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
11-02-2015, 05:51 PM,
Forrest Gets Mail – 9
Great, you won't know till the end, so really it's pretty arbitrary all the way to the end, find a Wwwh go to canyon, wander the mountains until you end up by chance on right trail,
So why would it 15 years to create shorthand directions that have no secondary level of solving?
Something is setting off my bullshit meter.
11-02-2015, 05:52 PM,
Italian: "Do expect that people will somehow *know* for sure once they have found the first clue?"

Fenn: "No, many people have found the first clue but they didn’t know it. Until someone finds the treasure they will not know for sure that they have discovered the first clue."

this supports my theory that the first clue IS the treasure location.
First stanza = first 2 clues
Second = 2 more clues (at least)
it's hard to say if the 9 clues are counted this way
I still believe the 9 places are between Halt and Cease in poem.
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
11-02-2015, 05:55 PM,
I might remind the skeptics, the picture of fenn in "looking for lewis and clark" is standing amidst the sage
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
11-02-2015, 06:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-02-2015, 06:51 PM by woneyedwilly.)
“Until someone finds the treasure they will not know for sure that they have discovered the first clue.”

This just goes to show that you cannot eliminate anything that is a coincidence. And my theory of a circle, or pi, or TT. It stops where it begins. You wont know officially where it started until you find it, leaving your entire solve a "hunch" until you actually find the treasure.
11-02-2015, 07:25 PM,
(11-02-2015, 06:51 PM)woneyedwilly Wrote: “Until someone finds the treasure they will not know for sure that they have discovered the first clue.”

This just goes to show that you cannot eliminate anything that is a coincidence. And my theory of a circle, or pi, or TT. It stops where it begins. You wont know officially where it started until you find it, leaving your entire solve a "hunch" until you actually find the treasure.
Where do you find TT woneyed? TTOTC?
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
11-02-2015, 07:33 PM,
exciting!
I wonder who has solved 4 clues, but more importantly, why is even F not certain that someone has solved 4 clues?

could it be possible that the last 5 clues are all within a small area? maybe it could????
maybe I came within a nats ballack this summer?

"If you don’t know where you are going any trail will take you there". he's a comedian.lol
11-02-2015, 07:37 PM,
Forrest Gets Mail – 9
[Image: caa03cfd4723069430f9b85ff3ee1c8b.jpg]
Must be a clue here somewhere
(IllinoisGhost) Blog

11-02-2015, 07:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-02-2015, 07:42 PM by Woody Bogg.)
(11-02-2015, 06:32 PM)blazed Wrote: the thing is, you may have solved 4 clues, but you'll never know, and may move on to something else getting colder.

(11-02-2015, 07:39 PM)Woody Bogg Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 06:32 PM)blazed Wrote: the thing is, you may have solved 4 clues, but you'll never know, and may move on to something else getting colder.
Question What makes you think you'll never know???? Their are no trails there!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  letter in the mail mdc777 6 1,212 04-01-2017, 08:55 PM
Last Post: admin
  More mail - new posting on Dals site Kpro 86 10,712 02-24-2017, 07:00 PM
Last Post: old drum
  Forrest gets mail - 11 decall 27 7,569 01-12-2017, 10:34 AM
Last Post: imsunbuddynow