Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forrest Gets Mail – 9
11-09-2015, 07:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-09-2015, 08:02 PM by Mindy.)
RE: Forrest Gets Mail – 9
(11-09-2015, 07:53 PM)Larsonist Wrote:
(11-09-2015, 07:49 PM)Windy City Wrote: Larsonist: The Chaco visitor's center is 110 miles west of Santa Cruz. Which means it's in the area of New Mexico.

That is close, when considering the size of the search area on the map in TFTW.
Still 55 miles outside the search area; no Rockies in sight. Not in play on anyone's map.
I never said it was a valid search area. In my definition, Chaco is close enough to Santa Cruz to be in the area.

(11-09-2015, 07:57 PM)Mindy Wrote:
(11-09-2015, 07:49 PM)Windy City Wrote: Larsonist: The Chaco visitor's center is 110 miles west of Santa Cruz. Which means it's in the area of New Mexico.

Still 55 miles outside the search area; no Rockies in sight. Not in play on anyone's map.
I never said it was a valid search area. In my definition, Chaco is close enough to Santa Cruz to be in the area.
I never said she said CHACO. By my research and her pics, it is in my opinion she is searching NEAR Chaco. San Juan was my mistake- meant Santa Cruz.
Is it do far away as to split hairs over? Good Lord, Bet.

I never said she said CHACO. By my research and her pics, it is in my opinion she is searching NEAR Chaco. San Juan was my mistake- meant Santa Cruz.
It's not far enough away to be misdirection, because A. I didn't say Cynthia said CHACO.

And B. Her research points her closer to Chaco than further.

And C. This is a ridiculous argument from someone aching to find fault with everything I say.
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
11-09-2015, 08:11 PM,
(11-09-2015, 07:53 PM)Bet Wrote: Lars I show 180 miles....maybe if you flew there, but no airports anywhere near here....have you been here....because it extremely remote and no easy or direct way to get here....

I did a straight line crow-flies measurement from SC to Chaco, 110 - 115 miles. I've been to both places. Chaco has RV sites so there are some determined travelers out there. Santa Cruz is a nice trout lake, but isn't the same as a mountain stream. I fly-fish only.
11-09-2015, 08:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-09-2015, 08:23 PM by Windy City.)

Close to the C in New Mexico on the map, lightly highlighted, if it is a little East of Chaco Canyon. Maybe close enough to say in the aberrations on the edge.
11-09-2015, 08:17 PM,

It's not far enough away to be misdirection, because A. I didn't say Cynthia said CHACO.

And B. Her research points her closer to Chaco than further.

And C. This is a ridiculous argument from someone aching to find fault with everything I say.

Mindy you said apparently it is Chaco....this is off your blog:
Around the same time I announced Diggin's story, Cynthia posted a bombshell on Dal's blog. She said that Charmay told her where Forrest wanted to die. She said that Forrest had told Charmay back in 1977, and it was somewhere in NM, apparently near Chaco Canyon
11-09-2015, 08:25 PM,
Yes, from the comma after 1977, those are my suppositions. I said apparently, because I have researched the area, with the Tewa names, and I believe the area Charmay MAY have mentioned is in the GENERAL area of Chaco to include the surrounding areas. When Cynthia searched Santa Cruz, I think she said that wad NOT the spot Charmay told her. So, based on MY research, I believe if Charmay did give a spot it was closer to Chaco. Not IN Chaco, but near.

So when I say apparently near Chaco, I'm going by my research...not what Cynthia said.
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
11-09-2015, 09:31 PM,
Bet,

Why do you care if she was wrong? "I am wrong" is the middle name of every searcher on this forum.
This forum is about making educated guesses about 9 vague clues in a poem and so far we're all wrong. (except for the one with the 4 clues).
11-09-2015, 09:37 PM,
@everyone - Good news for all you other searchers. It is NOT me ... the one with the 4 correct clues. I haven't sent any clues to FF so the chances of it being me are fat ... slim ... & none. Let's celebrate!
11-10-2015, 07:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-10-2015, 09:23 AM by jamesbrohamalambage.)
(11-09-2015, 09:37 PM)Becky from WV Wrote: @everyone - Good news for all you other searchers. It is NOT me ... the one with the 4 correct clues. I haven't sent any clues to FF so the chances of it being me are fat ... slim ... & none. Let's celebrate!
I looked at this site too. from above using GE ---a lot of stick men, new and old(old chaco canyon and the new one with the visitor center) has pinyon nuts.and home of brown maybe the Indians not for the meek and you better have water cause its dry as hell--a lot of other clues other also-maybe its wet because they got a little rain at that time....I am talking about the old canyon that's not on the new maps we have today my map is 1960 vintage. -JImbo
11-10-2015, 09:29 AM,
(11-10-2015, 07:55 AM)jamesbrohamalambage Wrote: .I am talking about the old canyon that's not on the new maps we have today my map is 1960 vintage.

I am not clear on what you are talking about. Wetherill's grave is in Chaco Canyon. Pueblo Bonito is in Chaco Canyon. Neither has ever moved. What do you mean by an "old canyon" that is not on new maps? I'm not aware that there is anything that could be called a second canyon near Chaco. To my mind it's always been a stretch to call Chaco Canyon a "canyon" because (it is so shallow).
11-12-2015, 04:23 AM,
(11-06-2015, 11:45 AM)woneyedwilly Wrote: In the book he specifically talks about an old Robin that is smart enough to dodge a BB from his BB gun. This is the same Robin he is talking about. Except instead of BB's its missiles and Air-to-air combat.

Fenn doesn't speak about a specific robin in the book nor does he mention them being old: "The trouble with robins was that they could see the BB coming and duck, so I learned not to waste shots on those guys."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  letter in the mail mdc777 6 1,211 04-01-2017, 08:55 PM
Last Post: admin
  More mail - new posting on Dals site Kpro 86 10,700 02-24-2017, 07:00 PM
Last Post: old drum
  Forrest gets mail - 11 decall 27 7,563 01-12-2017, 10:34 AM
Last Post: imsunbuddynow