Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colorado location - few ideas....
10-22-2013, 05:33 PM,
no that is about 5 miles from my canyon down ,i fell hurt my knee in the canyon down...decided to turn around ..i now think the wolf found the treasure in may ...i will return to my marvel gaze if i can someday ,if my marvel gaze is the wolfs marvel gaze,and he did find it ,he understands why would puyt the chest there,it is the perfect ending ,granted you gotta go back .too far to walk is too far to walk d
10-22-2013, 05:35 PM,
why fenn would put the sorry d
10-26-2013, 07:56 AM,
Back to Echo Park -- look at the aerial view from Google Earth -- does anyone see the shape of a frog?
10-26-2013, 02:44 PM,
Hey Guys!!!!!!!

Sorry for forgetting about this thread, had to find a new job and that sort of fun stuff ; ).

Anyway, I'm going to post another potential location I have in the Montana section - I have a good feeling about this one here in Colorado, and my Montana one. Don't want to sidetrack this thread with the Montana stuff though.

Glad to see other people have ventured to Echo Park! I really liked that spot about a month or two ago, but I really think Echo is far too traveled to be easily hidden for too long. Could be very wrong on this (I live in Denver and haven't gotten out there yet O.o).

Also along with other posters I've come to the conclusion that no place is off limits, federal property, national parks, private property ect. I was initially thinking national parks wouldn't be good, but honestly where else is there a massive expanse of beutiful land to hide something? I'd be willing to bet almost every scenic expanse of land that a treasure could be hidden in, would be a national park.

I might try to go to Echo next weekend before winter hits. I just couldn't find a true "blaze" other than the steamboat rock. I also was thinking, some binoculars and looking at ledges from the far side of Echo park, looking towards steamboat rock. Perhaps it is a crevice / ledge not on the steamboat rock, but on the side facing steamboat rock.

Just throwing ideas out there, going to post up my Montana thread here in a bit! Thanks guys, LMK what you think!
10-26-2013, 06:17 PM,
The dreaded BLAZE I think that's the only thing holding me back but I bet a lot of us feel the same way.Good luck all
10-27-2013, 06:12 AM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from krootz on October 26, 2013, 3:44 pm</b>

Hey Guys!!!!!!!

Sorry for forgetting about this thread, had to find a new job and that sort of fun stuff ; ).

Anyway, I'm going to post another potential location I have in the Montana section - I have a good feeling about this one here in Colorado, and my Montana one. Don't want to sidetrack this thread with the Montana stuff though.

Glad to see other people have ventured to Echo Park! I really liked that spot about a month or two ago, but I really think Echo is far too traveled to be easily hidden for too long. Could be very wrong on this (I live in Denver and haven't gotten out there yet O.o).

Also along with other posters I've come to the conclusion that no place is off limits, federal property, national parks, private property ect. I was initially thinking national parks wouldn't be good, but honestly where else is there a massive expanse of beutiful land to hide something? I'd be willing to bet almost every scenic expanse of land that a treasure could be hidden in, would be a national park.

I might try to go to Echo next weekend before winter hits. I just couldn't find a true "blaze" other than the steamboat rock. I also was thinking, some binoculars and looking at ledges from the far side of Echo park, looking towards steamboat rock. Perhaps it is a crevice / ledge not on the steamboat rock, but on the side facing steamboat rock.

Just throwing ideas out there, going to post up my Montana thread here in a bit! Thanks guys, LMK what you think!
</div>
[Image: eyon0-IMAG0025.JPG]
10-27-2013, 06:17 AM,
Recent photo at Echo Park -- looking northeast from the lower bend in the Green River.
10-27-2013, 06:25 AM,
Recent Photo from Echo Park -- looking northeast from the south bend of the Green River.
10-27-2013, 09:31 PM,
Wuddn't there. Dang.

[Image: 77opo-P1040199.JPG]
10-27-2013, 10:11 PM,
We've searched echo park and steamboat rock extensively this year. Found nothing. Twice I met another searcher (Mike from Southern California), I think he also searched there a lot.

My wife found the poem worked well in echo park, although the true blaze has proved elusive. I've climbed into every hole I could find in the park and crossed the river(s) multiple times. I've climbed to the top of the rubble pile on the west side and many protected cavities 40 to 50 feet high on steamboat rock.

If you decide to go to steamboat rock, be careful. I've rafted to the rock, swam to it in the summer and since it is lower have waded across several times. The water is cold now, so wear chest high waders; there is a long path (500 feet?) across that is a little higher than waist deep, others areas are deeper. The current is very strong, so it takes some strength to keep your footing.

My current game plan is to start looking elsewhere, but that will wait until my wife discovers where it is for sure. I hope she picks somewhere different; echo park is a neat area but it has been searched very thoroughly.