Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colorado location - few ideas....
10-22-2013, 12:32 PM,
If i could post a picture i'd show you where i was at the other day.

10-22-2013, 12:53 PM,
If you mean post to this site....You are able to post pictures on this site. The buttons only show up if you start the thread or if you quote someone else. I tend to quote someone...then erase what they said so I can post the pictures whenever I want.
10-22-2013, 04:24 PM,
Ohh!! I think I just got a really good idea to search! So if you go down the Green River it reaches and turns into the Yampa River which is what i think the line "the end is ever drawing nigh" means and it goes to a park called Laddie Park but to get there you have to pass these huge rock walls called Tiger Walls if you remember in TTOTC Forrest talks about in the chapter my war for me he talks about tiger skin hanging on peoples roofs and walls! Subtle hint? I think so! Will be my next search area for sure!
10-22-2013, 04:52 PM,
Admin: Good connection! (I missed that one).

Stephan: Good thinking -- but the Yampa flows east to west and joins the Green to flow south around Steamboat Rock. To enter the Yampa from the Green you would have to paddle against the current. Does anyone have a photo of Steamboat Rock that they can post?
10-22-2013, 05:33 PM,
no that is about 5 miles from my canyon down ,i fell hurt my knee in the canyon down...decided to turn around ..i now think the wolf found the treasure in may ...i will return to my marvel gaze if i can someday ,if my marvel gaze is the wolfs marvel gaze,and he did find it ,he understands why would puyt the chest there,it is the perfect ending ,granted you gotta go back .too far to walk is too far to walk d
10-22-2013, 05:35 PM,
why fenn would put the sorry d
10-26-2013, 07:56 AM,
Back to Echo Park -- look at the aerial view from Google Earth -- does anyone see the shape of a frog?
10-26-2013, 02:44 PM,
Hey Guys!!!!!!!

Sorry for forgetting about this thread, had to find a new job and that sort of fun stuff ; ).

Anyway, I'm going to post another potential location I have in the Montana section - I have a good feeling about this one here in Colorado, and my Montana one. Don't want to sidetrack this thread with the Montana stuff though.

Glad to see other people have ventured to Echo Park! I really liked that spot about a month or two ago, but I really think Echo is far too traveled to be easily hidden for too long. Could be very wrong on this (I live in Denver and haven't gotten out there yet O.o).

Also along with other posters I've come to the conclusion that no place is off limits, federal property, national parks, private property ect. I was initially thinking national parks wouldn't be good, but honestly where else is there a massive expanse of beutiful land to hide something? I'd be willing to bet almost every scenic expanse of land that a treasure could be hidden in, would be a national park.

I might try to go to Echo next weekend before winter hits. I just couldn't find a true "blaze" other than the steamboat rock. I also was thinking, some binoculars and looking at ledges from the far side of Echo park, looking towards steamboat rock. Perhaps it is a crevice / ledge not on the steamboat rock, but on the side facing steamboat rock.

Just throwing ideas out there, going to post up my Montana thread here in a bit! Thanks guys, LMK what you think!
10-26-2013, 06:17 PM,
The dreaded BLAZE I think that's the only thing holding me back but I bet a lot of us feel the same way.Good luck all
10-27-2013, 06:12 AM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from krootz on October 26, 2013, 3:44 pm</b>

Hey Guys!!!!!!!

Sorry for forgetting about this thread, had to find a new job and that sort of fun stuff ; ).

Anyway, I'm going to post another potential location I have in the Montana section - I have a good feeling about this one here in Colorado, and my Montana one. Don't want to sidetrack this thread with the Montana stuff though.

Glad to see other people have ventured to Echo Park! I really liked that spot about a month or two ago, but I really think Echo is far too traveled to be easily hidden for too long. Could be very wrong on this (I live in Denver and haven't gotten out there yet O.o).

Also along with other posters I've come to the conclusion that no place is off limits, federal property, national parks, private property ect. I was initially thinking national parks wouldn't be good, but honestly where else is there a massive expanse of beutiful land to hide something? I'd be willing to bet almost every scenic expanse of land that a treasure could be hidden in, would be a national park.

I might try to go to Echo next weekend before winter hits. I just couldn't find a true "blaze" other than the steamboat rock. I also was thinking, some binoculars and looking at ledges from the far side of Echo park, looking towards steamboat rock. Perhaps it is a crevice / ledge not on the steamboat rock, but on the side facing steamboat rock.

Just throwing ideas out there, going to post up my Montana thread here in a bit! Thanks guys, LMK what you think!
</div>
[Image: eyon0-IMAG0025.JPG]