Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colorado location - few ideas....
10-27-2013, 06:17 AM,
Recent photo at Echo Park -- looking northeast from the lower bend in the Green River.
10-27-2013, 06:25 AM,
Recent Photo from Echo Park -- looking northeast from the south bend of the Green River.
10-27-2013, 09:31 PM,
Wuddn't there. Dang.

[Image: 77opo-P1040199.JPG]
10-27-2013, 10:11 PM,
We've searched echo park and steamboat rock extensively this year. Found nothing. Twice I met another searcher (Mike from Southern California), I think he also searched there a lot.

My wife found the poem worked well in echo park, although the true blaze has proved elusive. I've climbed into every hole I could find in the park and crossed the river(s) multiple times. I've climbed to the top of the rubble pile on the west side and many protected cavities 40 to 50 feet high on steamboat rock.

If you decide to go to steamboat rock, be careful. I've rafted to the rock, swam to it in the summer and since it is lower have waded across several times. The water is cold now, so wear chest high waders; there is a long path (500 feet?) across that is a little higher than waist deep, others areas are deeper. The current is very strong, so it takes some strength to keep your footing.

My current game plan is to start looking elsewhere, but that will wait until my wife discovers where it is for sure. I hope she picks somewhere different; echo park is a neat area but it has been searched very thoroughly.

10-27-2013, 11:40 PM,
Blaze??? I thought he said freeze!

10-28-2013, 11:48 PM,
@ Glen "My current game plan is to start looking elsewhere, but that will wait until my wife discovers where it is for sure. I hope she picks somewhere different; echo park is a neat area but it has been searched very thoroughly."

Good to know. I had honestly figured it would be searched fairly extensively, I mean it isn't a huge area and has alot of picnic areas, ect. I may look somewhere else too, as the blaze does not seem to be here as you said. I can't seem to make anything fit that well.
10-29-2013, 12:14 AM,
John Brown ,

I give you a lot of credit for getting to that high snowy place . Great photo too . Good luck .

Rebel
10-29-2013, 10:51 AM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Rebel on October 29, 2013, 1:14 am</b>

John Brown ,

I give you a lot of credit for getting to that high snowy place . Great photo too . Good luck .

Rebel
</div>

That was 2007. Just showing off!
10-30-2013, 03:37 PM,
Has anybody ever gave it any thought that "your effort will be worth the cold" is Cold Spring Mountain in Colorado! I have been searching this area, and the blaze, there are two just as you cross into Colorado on the side of Cold Spring one is Marvel Gaze and the other a woman.

I think this is a good solve.
10-31-2013, 02:55 AM,
Tom: Are you using Flaming Gorge and Brown's Park as your first two clues?