Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colorado location - few ideas....
10-31-2013, 09:05 AM,
Yes wwwh Flaming Gorge and HOB "Browns Park. Now on top of Cold Spring Mountain there are many small ponds that are fed by the cold springs

"Waters high" Its a big area and very remote.
11-02-2013, 08:40 AM,
One thing is for sure, if it's found below Brown's park in Echo or Dinosaur park, it will be a surprise and make us all wonder what took so long. I think it's the first place everyone looks, but to really search the place for a 10" box could take years and years.
11-02-2013, 03:41 PM,
IMHO...Sorry if this dis-appoints, but not in CO...The first stanza names the search area and thereby the state it's in...The first "clue" in the poem....
11-03-2013, 04:14 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from samsmith on November 2, 2013, 4:41 pm</b>

IMHO...Sorry if this dis-appoints, but not in CO...The first stanza names the search area and thereby the state it's in...The first "clue" in the poem....
</div>

yep
11-03-2013, 07:11 PM,
DNA, AND SAMSMITH DITTO
05-25-2017, 01:25 AM,
RE: Colorado location - few ideas....
Bump.

down with the evil twin

06-25-2017, 08:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-25-2017, 09:07 AM by memeanne85.)
(10-30-2013, 03:37 PM)tom Wrote: Has anybody ever gave it any thought that "your effort will be worth the cold" is Cold Spring Mountain in Colorado! I have been searching this area, and the blaze, there are two just as you cross into Colorado on the side of Cold Spring one is Marvel Gaze and the other a woman.

I think this is a good solve.

I'm a few years behind on this quest to find fenn's treasure, maybe that gives me an advantage but I don't know ? As for "your effort will be worth the cold", the tc is bronze, in ttotc while entertaining the children at his gallery he asks them why they think the Indian statue is "cold" then told them to ask their parents and write him a letter, he didn't tell them bronze is cold to the touch because your hands are warm. If you find it your hands will be "hot" and the bronze will be cold.

Some more food for thought, mind you I've only been at this for a few days, but I've noticed that few people seem to be listening to the things he says, whether or not they are intended to be "hints", they certainly apply.

1) he has continuously reiterated that "you must start at the beginning.... you can't find it by starting in the middle... I walked back to my car with no one around any place" and felt comfortable enough to talk aloud.

My thought is the first stanza is the FIRST clue, I have excluded ALL high traffic areas. As he has "gone alone in there, with his treasures bold". My interpretation is that it is a place that would have allowed him to make the 2 trips to and from his car without need to hide his treasures, "with my treasure bold".

2) he has continually stated that it is in a place that an 79/80 yo man could have easily reached, BY HIMSELF, I beg each of you reading this to keep this heavy on your mind while in your search areas. I have read far to many posts of people searching over cliffs, diving into deep waters, etc.

3) he has also stated that the book contains SUBTLE hints. My belief is that you will NOT find the location in the book, thus excluding Yellowstone which would be a blatant Hint as the clues in the poem coincide with events that took place in Yellowstone. The book takes you through Wyoming, Montana, and New Mexico. I have found no reference to Colorado. Which leads me to believe it is in colorado.

4) he has also stated that there is ONE word that will unlock it all, and there is one aspect that NO ONE has considered. I believe I know exactly what it is and it took me less than a day to figure it out. I will not give you my solve because one day I may find myself in Colorado, though as many have been I too could be wrong lol. But I will encourage you all to go back to the book read it slowly, he speaks several times of knowledge, find the quote. Read the entire book with that in mind, take notes and solve the poem.
07-09-2017, 12:15 PM,
(06-25-2017, 08:39 AM)memeanne85 Wrote:
(10-30-2013, 03:37 PM)tom Wrote: Has anybody ever gave it any thought that "your effort will be worth the cold" is Cold Spring Mountain in Colorado! I have been searching this area, and the blaze, there are two just as you cross into Colorado on the side of Cold Spring one is Marvel Gaze and the other a woman.

I think this is a good solve.

I'm a few years behind on this quest to find fenn's treasure, maybe that gives me an advantage but I don't know ? As for "your effort will be worth the cold", the tc is bronze, in ttotc while entertaining the children at his gallery he asks them why they think the Indian statue is "cold" then told them to ask their parents and write him a letter, he didn't tell them bronze is cold to the touch because your hands are warm. If you find it your hands will be "hot" and the bronze will be cold.

Some more food for thought, mind you I've only been at this for a few days, but I've noticed that few people seem to be listening to the things he says, whether or not they are intended to be "hints", they certainly apply.

1) he has continuously reiterated that "you must start at the beginning.... you can't find it by starting in the middle... I walked back to my car with no one around any place" and felt comfortable enough to talk aloud.

My thought is the first stanza is the FIRST clue, I have excluded ALL high traffic areas. As he has "gone alone in there, with his treasures bold". My interpretation is that it is a place that would have allowed him to make the 2 trips to and from his car without need to hide his treasures, "with my treasure bold".

2) he has continually stated that it is in a place that an 79/80 yo man could have easily reached, BY HIMSELF, I beg each of you reading this to keep this heavy on your mind while in your search areas. I have read far to many posts of people searching over cliffs, diving into deep waters, etc.

3) he has also stated that the book contains SUBTLE hints. My belief is that you will NOT find the location in the book, thus excluding Yellowstone which would be a blatant Hint as the clues in the poem coincide with events that took place in Yellowstone. The book takes you through Wyoming, Montana, and New Mexico. I have found no reference to Colorado. Which leads me to believe it is in colorado.

4) he has also stated that there is ONE word that will unlock it all, and there is one aspect that NO ONE has considered. I believe I know exactly what it is and it took me less than a day to figure it out. I will not give you my solve because one day I may find myself in Colorado, though as many have been I too could be wrong lol. But I will encourage you all to go back to the book read it slowly, he speaks several times of knowledge, find the quote. Read the entire book with that in mind, take notes and solve the poem.

Thank you for your considered post.