Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if i searched my area got home then realized i passed it by
08-30-2013, 12:53 PM,
I searched my area got home then done a little thinking ,and recalled a place I should have checked,and am pretty positive its the right place. I looked right at it and now it fits to a tee,i didn't even think about when I saw it.
08-30-2013, 01:04 PM,
what strikes me though is I sat in it my feet were about 18 inches from the ground just like fenns feet were when he got shot down when I or anyone exits it .it will keep the ground packed so the ground cant erode away
08-30-2013, 01:06 PM,
I know I blew it
08-30-2013, 01:17 PM,
pidmt,

If you must go back, go back, or it will haunt you. But bear in mind that virtually no search is absolutely definitive. The chest may be found right where many looked, and many may be banging their heads against the wall knowing that they were not thorough enough when they were there.

Some searchers feel that the poem should take you right smack to the chest, right on top of it, so there is no uncertainty that you missed it. Others believe that you get to the general area and then you really have do some outdoor hunting, or even digging. It's each person's solve and call.

So use your judgement. If you are really troubled by it, you may not be able to move on to a new search if you don't ease your mind. I have a place I need to get back to as well. Good luck.

SYand42lbsHeavier,

Halogetter

08-30-2013, 01:25 PM,
I think whoever finds the chest will probably have visited the site more than once. Think of the first trip as a reconnaissance mission.

What happened to you is what is supposed to happen. You got more info about what's on site and it takes further analysis to narrow down that endpoint. Maybe you'll tweak a few other things before you go back there.
08-30-2013, 01:31 PM,
yea I will go back,have to, the good thing is this place let me dig,they saw me picking up trash and cans that other people left behind, and the general manager ask why I was there and he saw my shovel and metal dectector,i told him a friend left something for me there.so he said dig away,i ask him to put it in writing ,20 minutes from then he brought me a signed copy ,then just ask me to cover any holes up,he shook my hand and thanked me for cleaning others peoples mess up.
08-30-2013, 01:39 PM,
They were laid back,picnic tables all over the place,
08-30-2013, 01:50 PM,
This seems to be a common occurrence among us Thrill Chasers. When we're at our spot, we run out of ideas and clues and insight. When we get back home, the ideas begin to flow again. I almost think it's some kind of mind trick we play on ourselves. It's happened to me with nearly every hunt. The last time I was so overwhelmed by the thought that I had missed something, I had to go back one more time. I didn't want to leave thinking I had yet again missed something, so I armed myself with a bunch of notes, and I tore that area apart. Now I'm satisfied that the only way I could have missed it would be if the chest is hidden within a Klingon cloaking device. I feel a little silly being so obsessed, but it's better than thinking I was "that close", and missed it.

Like previously mentioned, if you don't go back there, it will haunt you until the chest is found. My suggestion is to make a ton of notes, places and directions you think you should search, then systematically follow those notes while at your spot. Take your time, remain calm and clear headed. Walk away and eat your lunch or drink some water when you get frustrated. If you have cell service, make a phone call to talk about your search. Do little things like this to turn down the stress level. And take many many photos. Good luck. Boo

08-30-2013, 01:51 PM,
Pidmt - Assuming you're willing to share, what was it that made you realize that was the spot?
08-30-2013, 02:08 PM,
I was 18 inches off the ground like fenn was when he got shot down and had to eject,and the seat I was on was in short supply during the war,and its the perfect spot everytime someone gets off it it will keep they ground hard and wont erode ,plus its clay soil which that would leave a iron colored stain in your pants like fenn had when he slid down the fire escape. its the spot ,I know it

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Batters up, took a rest from driving, realized the dual map DeeepThnkr 0 439 08-02-2018, 03:02 PM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  Places I have searched OutDoorLover777 25 5,335 05-23-2018, 10:14 PM
Last Post: Copper
  skippy's or Moms age when passed awày? DeeepThnkr 3 1,610 05-23-2018, 10:14 PM
Last Post: cameronchris
  Who has sent Forrest a solve and not searched it. Indy 9 2,457 06-02-2017, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gordon Lightfoot
  1 of my solves searched cruzer 7 3,046 07-17-2016, 08:06 PM
Last Post: decall
  More people have searched for Forrest Fenns treasure James Perotti 10 2,784 06-04-2015, 09:08 AM
Last Post: Ricky Nowak