Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too Far To Walk
08-30-2013, 05:08 PM,
Too Far To Walk
First of all, let me say that I do believe that the treasure is out there and that I think Forrest Fenn is an honorable man. I have even emailed him several times and he has emailed me back, but another book and $60.00 for it. Seriously! I thought this was for "the guy with a wife and six kids who just lost his job." Smile .....I've known about the treasure for over 2yrs. now and have actively been searching for more than 6 months, and don't get me wrong, I enjoy The Thrill Of The Chase. I have found "riches new and old" my whole life from researching and searching, but there comes a time when you must question a person's motives. I realize that he paid for all the publishing costs of the first book and didn't receive a dime of the profits, so who did? Only 10% went to a charity (which I thought was ridiculous!), and so the majority of the rest of it went to The Collected Works Bookstore? At over 20,000 books @ $35 + tax = a lot of loot! So now with a second book that costs almost 2x as much, it looks like the cost of publishing his previous book or books (since I doubt he sold too many of the previous ones), and the cost of The Treasure will be got back. Forrest Fenn is a business man, he always has been (just look at his stories), and what can you give someone who has had everything else?........He wants to be remembered. But how far will he go to get this? I mean, there is a reason why he put a 20,000 word manuscript inside the chest---because he doesn't want anyone to find it for a long time!

So my question is, where does it end? Are there going to be 8 more books with the other clues for titles? I mean seriously, how many people would have bought the first book if there wasn't a treasure attached to it? I probably still would have just because of the stories, but I doubt the majority would have. I guess I just find it interesting that we haven't had any "New" clues for the last 2 months, and the previous clue was that it wasn't in Idaho or Utah, and this NEW book comes out and in the book is a map of the "area" where the treasure is located with those two states omitted. .....How convenient! Only Forrest Fenn knows what he truly meant when he wrote the poem, and he made it so vague that it really wouldn't matter if you were within 500ft from it or it was in your backyard, you're not going to find it! He is in total control of the clue's meanings and how close we get to solving those clues is dictated by him. And it doesn't matter where it is as long as it's somewhere that won't be affected by humans for very long time. Forrest Fenn said that this idea "was a stroke of genius", well yes it was. You've gone on the television, you've done numerous interviews, and you've received the media attention. You've buried your bells. You are going to be remembered for sure!! .............But if you want the treasure to be found while you're still here, which it seems like you do, then give us some REAL CLUES.
08-30-2013, 05:35 PM,
Too Far To Walk
Hi Nora,

I believe the only one who profited from his original book were the two owners from Collected Works. I think the only one's making money on this new book is Collected Works, I believe Forrest's Grandson, and Dal. I could be wrong, but I believe those are the only one's who are profiting. I don't know if any of this is going to cancer research or not. I don't know if Forrest is getting his publishing costs returned. I don't believe he's going to write another book per one of the videos I think he said he was done even though he has 3 started in his computer.

I bet even Forrest would agree with a lot of what your saying. I'm guessing this book cost more to publish. Maybe it's got more pages. I don't think that The Today Show clues thing is in Forrest's control. I think they call him when they are ready to do the clue.

I get your frustrations. I really do. I can't seem to walk away no matter how far it is to walk.
08-31-2013, 01:24 AM,
Too Far To Walk
lol, just get out there and search. You don't <i>need </i>either book. Anything that you definitively needed to know would be republished on the boards and blogs, because this is the internet. One part of the treasure hunt is hunting through the stories in the book and trying to figure out what little bits here and there will help. I just got back from my search with the whole family and we spent about a hundred times more money on the trip than the first book cost.
08-31-2013, 08:30 AM,
Too Far To Walk
I agree you don't need the book per what he says, but when you hear there are clues in it....it only makes sense if your serious about searching and have invested your money, time and emotions into searching....you want the book.
08-31-2013, 10:17 AM,
Too Far To Walk

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Nora Kelly on August 30, 2013, 6:08 pm</b>

First of all, let me say that I do believe that the treasure is out there and that I think Forrest Fenn is an honorable man. I have even emailed him several times and he has emailed me back, but another book and $60.00 for it. Seriously! I thought this was for "the guy with a wife and six kids who just lost his job." Smile
</div>

So just don't buy the book. Nobody is forcing you to. Forrest says all you need is the poem to find the treasure, and he gave that away for free. I personally found TTOTC to be more of a distraction than a help, and have no immediate plans to buy the new book.

mdavis19
08-31-2013, 10:38 AM,
Too Far To Walk
I believe there will be a copy that can be viewed for free at Collected Works bookstore. I'm sure they would rather you buy it, but if you can't swing it...that's what I would do. I would suggest also asking libraries to buy it. I don't know if they would..but I would think that the Santa Fe and Taos libraries should for sure.

I think your thinking of not buying the book mdavis is rare. If he says there are clues in the book....I'm buying the book. Also, that map Dal has is of the search area and we can already see from the small copy posted online that Arizona isn't on there. So what else isn't? I want to know.

08-31-2013, 11:38 AM,
Too Far To Walk
Why does FF have to use the Today Show to give out another clue? He could just as easily give it out on his website.
08-31-2013, 11:44 AM,
Too Far To Walk
The Today Show contacted him and asked him to do that and he agreed. I don't know if there's any type of contract or what, but I'm guessing NBC would have had him sign something saying he would do that before they would announce he would. Maybe he's promised to only do it with them. I don't know.

I've heard others asking the same thing.
08-31-2013, 12:25 PM,
Too Far To Walk
Now that dal has read the book, do you think he will tell us how far is too far to walk?
08-31-2013, 12:29 PM,
Too Far To Walk

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from admin on August 31, 2013, 11:38 am</b>

I think your thinking of not buying the book mdavis is rare. If he says there are clues in the book....I'm buying the book.
</div>

There are clues in TTOTC too, and a whole lot of stuff that isn't clues, and possibly even some deliberate misdirection. I spend way too much time trying to figure out what is and isn't a clue in the book versus actually trying to figure out the meaning of the poem. Like I said, it is a distraction. Forrest says we only need the poem, and I don't need another huge distraction. If I am taking the "rare" path, then maybe it is the right one. The well-traveled path of obsessing over minutia in the book hasn't led anyone to the treasure so far.

mdavis19