Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too Far To Walk
08-31-2013, 02:45 PM,
Too Far To Walk
The well-traveled path of obsessing over minutia in the book hasn't led anyone to the treasure so far.

mdavis19

Maybe, maybe not. But not everyone has had a chance to get out and search. The solution maybe be out there with someone, but just not proven YET.
09-01-2013, 09:48 PM,
Too Far To Walk

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from mdavis19 on August 31, 2013, 1:29 pm</b>

The well-traveled path of obsessing over minutia in the book hasn't led anyone to the treasure so far.

mdavis19
</div>

I would add to this that the well traveled path of trying to solve the poem hasn't led anyone to the treasure either

maybe the obvious conclusion here then is, ignoring both the poem and the book gives you the best chance

i see your point
09-02-2013, 12:37 AM,
Too Far To Walk

<b>Quote from Nora Kelly on August 30, 2013, 6:08 pm</b>

So my question is, where does it end?
</div>

With the poem.

<b>Quote from Nora Kelly on August 30, 2013, 6:08 pm</b>

[...] then give us some REAL CLUES.
</div>

He has given us all we need already. Understanding this is the first step to both calming your nerves, and getting on the right track to locating the treasure.
09-02-2013, 09:35 PM,
Too Far To Walk
Fire- "ignoring both the poem and the book" is crazy- a crazy-good exercise. That's why I posted "The Chest Speaks", because I was hoping to provoke a diversion and focus on the chest and Fenn.

TC- Yes, it all begins and ends within the poem. Om. There were quite a few frayed nerves on that other post today, the #39 thing. Oh, and that reminds me- all those peculiar 039's on the book postmarks. Ah, fuggeddaboutit.

SYand42lbsHeavier,

Halogetter

09-05-2013, 08:10 PM,
Too Far To Walk
Hello all. Sorry I've been away for a while. I've been out on some digs and that's all I focus on when I do that. Oh, how I love archaeology! There's nothing like digging up the past. It gives us answers to a lot of questions.

Did I ever tell you about my favorite uncle? No........? When I was a kid me and the other kids in the neighborhood would go hang out with my favorite uncle. We called him "uncle caveman"' because he lived in a cave. We loved uncle caveman even though he scared us sometimes, and once in a while he would eat one of us.......... Later on we found out he was a bear.
09-05-2013, 09:21 PM,
Too Far To Walk
Nora lol.....that was odd, but pretty funny.
09-05-2013, 10:15 PM,
Too Far To Walk
Nora, I thought you were going to say it turned out to be a clown named Pennywise.

09-30-2013, 10:01 AM,
Too Far To Walk
AMEN, mdavis19. I have read and re read TTOTC and came to the same conclusion that it is more a distraction than anything, a lot of "white noise". Excepting to learn how ff thinks. While I believe the solution is not easy, I think that it is a little easier than most people think!
10-10-2013, 10:34 AM,
Too Far To Walk
The new book is a nice read for those of us who enjoy reading FF and his life stories. As for the quest, I bet you could skip it and be fine. After all he said the poem is enough.

But the new book is very nice and the pictures give us a good look into his life. So if you have the cash laying around, buy it and skip your weekly friday night dinner out and that $60 you saved on an overpriced steak will be better spent on the book.
10-13-2013, 12:37 PM,
Too Far To Walk
Hey there Newbie...Yes, the books are good reading and interesting photos, but there are hints in them that you will find helpful after you've spent months trying to decipher the clues.. Many people have invested a lot of time and money over the last three years in the quest(for me just time so far) and are eager for any new help. Once you've exhausted all your own ideas, any new slant can be useful. Hopefully the chase won't lose it's thrill, as I know it has for some.