Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hunting in Montana Snow....
12-02-2015, 12:20 PM,
Hunting in Montana Snow....
I was just up in the awesome state of Utah... took the kids and wife to Brian Head for some snow fun. The snow was at least 3 feet deep and we all played in it...

I could not imagine people out there searching for the CHEST in deep snow?! Other than challenging yourself.... what's the point? When I see Diggin Gypsy even in the spring hunting... I think, WOW! she's brave.... Why let the snow hide and conceal the Chest, its hard enough to find in the Warm Summer.
12-02-2015, 08:22 PM,
RE: Hunting in Montana Snow....
Yeah it is nuts. Me and my son went. Close to zero chance. Maybe some places would be easier if you had deep tow behind metal detector and mad skills snowmobile
Ω 200 ft. Club Ω
12-09-2015, 11:41 AM,
My family and I went snowmobiling for the first time.. Deep snow in Brian Head, Utah with a guide.. It was Awesome! Like jet skiing but only zoooming across snow. Its amazing how groomed trails are easy, and deep powder is a lot of work on those things!

Searching in the snow is just nuts... I still don't know why Diggin Gypsy chooses the snow?! At least she was filmed climbing around with her girls in it...
12-12-2015, 08:02 PM,
Decall,
I think you and I are the Brave and few that still think its in Montana... That last comment from Fenn on Mysterious writings really threw for a loop... that you could go and get the Chest in any weather... 6 ft. of snow, is all I can think about in Montana.

Chest must be up high... hanging from a tree maybe, under a ledge? gotta be up off the ground... but then again its wet. so can't be wet if its under a ledge... unless near a water fall...

I don't know.
12-13-2015, 06:24 PM,
Who says it's wet? October 2014: it's probably already wet. February 2015: I know the chest is wet.

Obviously the chest isn't wet all the time. It seems many are taking the Feb '15 statement out of context.
-T-

“I’ve said searchers should go back to the poem so many times that I don’t want to say it again here.” -ff

“The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes.” -Sherlock Holmes
12-14-2015, 11:43 AM,
(12-13-2015, 06:24 PM)HIPS Wrote: Who says it's wet? October 2014: it's probably already wet. February 2015: I know the chest is wet.

Obviously the chest isn't wet all the time. It seems many are taking the Feb '15 statement out of context.

Don't know... any few words can throw you threw the average mind through a loop... and back again. I would assume anything hidden outside that is not in a sealed airtight container could be "wet"... Rain water, water fall mist, or melting snow... Its gonna get Wet if IT probably isn't wet already...

Rocks, ledges, fallen logs, trees, the search is endless.............