Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grizzly Bear Population Booming...
12-21-2015, 11:19 AM,
Grizzly Bear Population Booming...
Grizzlies are always on my mind in Montana... I love them, I am fascinated by them... and at the same time to be smart I also fear them.

I often think about the population numbers and chances of risk encountering one on a back country trail. Back in the 1930's to 1970's the populations were no where near where they are today according wildlife experts... The population has boomed and is beyond healthy and expanding borders..

So back in the early decades... your risk of encountering one was probably much lower.. Now the Grizzly population has grown so much they are in process of being delisted from the Federal Endangered species act list and the environmentalists are going crazy about this...

Environmentalists fear hunting tags, etc. will be issued. I am not a Hunter, but I do believe in balance in Nature... And man has hunted since the beginning of time so why would they debate this now? I don't know... its another debate and argument.

Even shooting one in self-defense has serious consequences and one is looked at "Guilty until Proven Innocent" by the Feds which I think is wrong. Any poacher SHOULD be punished to the fullest extent of the Law, but not a typical back country hiker that gets chased down by one..

Things to think about...
12-21-2015, 07:32 PM,
RE: Grizzly Bear Population Booming...
(12-21-2015, 02:57 PM)mountain digger Wrote: Grizzlies are Great glock.

You believe in "balance in Nature". Me too ... to bad humans have 'unbalanced' Nature.

One last thought: Bear Whiz is yellow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rmwEyIBBQM

Ha! Cool Video! Good laugh! :-)
12-22-2015, 05:45 PM,
I have always found the difference by grabbing the large hump on its back... it makes a great handle for riding.
02-01-2016, 11:45 AM,
After watching the Revenant I'm now even more worried about the Grizzes. Any place there are Grizz, you can't claim it's not dangerous. I might start looking in Colorado to avoid meeting one.
02-01-2016, 06:00 PM,
(02-01-2016, 11:45 AM)Indy Wrote: After watching the Revenant I'm now even more worried about the Grizzes. Any place there are Grizz, you can't claim it's not dangerous. I might start looking in Colorado to avoid meeting one.

I wish the Chest was in Colorado.... I would love to go there.. However, I still haven't seen all that I want to see in Utah, Wyoming and Montana.. Those states really draw me in..

As for the Chase... I'm 100 percent Montana still..Nothing is more Wild, its the last Frontier next to Alaska...

As for the Grizzlies, always talk to the "locals" ask them when the last time they saw any... They will tell you. Most of them see them and some I talk to have had some scary close encounters...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Close encounters of a Grizzly Kind!?!?! glock20 7 3,529 09-10-2015, 04:50 PM
Last Post: glock20