Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you hold my cup of KoolAid? Im feeling sick....
09-11-2013, 03:44 PM,
Just read his memoir and you get to know this awesome individual. He's a strong, compassionate, and very wise person. If I gain nothing else from this hunt, at least I'm content that I gained valuable insight and wisdom about life from an honorable elder.

He's definitely on the up and up in my opinion.

09-11-2013, 07:35 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Tekoa on September 11, 2013, 9:01 am</b>

Take a look at the precursors to the hidden treasure, specifically the bells.

I’ve always wondered why bury the them 3 ½ feet deep? He stated they were buried at that depth to be beyond the sensing range of metal detectors. Burying them that deep somewhere in the wilderness with no hints (or poems) to their locations would be overkill and almost certainly guarantee they would never be found. This is not his intent. He wants them found…eventually.

This leads me to believe he buried them in areas apt to be explored or excavated in the future. He may have picked locations that are archeologically interesting, and where using sophisticated equipment like Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR), or volunteers removing layers of overburden, would be practical. He might choose abandoned, partially explored sites, or sites known only to him. In that regard, I bet he has one buried at San Lazaro Pueblo.

The bells bring up some interesting questions about the treasure. Did he use the same hiding modus operandi as the bells? What if the clues in the poem are time sensitive? Will they still be valid 1,000 years from now? If the clues become invalid who will find the treasure, or more importantly for Mr. Fenn, who will resurrect his legacy?

Mr. Fenn, through years of experience, knows how and where to hide something that will guarantee its preservation and at the same time assured it will be discovered…eventually. Is this how he will know if the treasure has been found? He needs only to keep up-to-date on the latest archeological news to know if someone is searching his spot.

I believe he did hide the treasure and it is everything as he describes. At this point in his life the dollar value of the treasure means little to him but, like the fishing flies he ties, it is just a lure to attract enduring attention. It's the olive jar and the written legacy contained within, embellishments and all, that is important. In order for Mr. Fenn to control the future, the treasure must be found, just not today.
</div>

Watch this interview (aired April 27-29 2013) where FF talks about the bells. It may answer some of your questions (and clear up some misconceptions) about the bells http://reportfromsantafe.com/episodes/vi...the-chase/

Here's my drunken 2 cents:

1. I don't think the bells were the "precursors to the hidden treasure". In the interview linked above FF says he only hid 8 of about 28 bells. So the bells are still being hidden, whereas the treasure is already hidden. Also, he says in the book (p. 137) that on many occasions at night, while his wife was watching "Dancing With the Stars (DWTS) he was making wax bells. DWTS first aired in 2005. So if the bells were the precursor to the hidden treasure that would mean that the treasure idea, the poem, buying the chest, hiding it, etc. couldn't have happened before 2005 and I don't think that's the case.

2. I don't recall FF saying he buried the bells "in the wilderness". I did hear him say in the interview linked above that he buried 8 of them in New Mexico. The wilderness would imply an area that is, for the most part, undisturbed by human activity but "in New Mexico" could simply mean in his backyard in Santa Fe.

3. In my opinion, FF doesn't want the bells to be found until he has passed. In the book (p.138), FF says "Hopefully no one will happen upon a bell for many years - around 1,000 would be perfect." He also say in the interview linked above and in the book (p.136) that his goal with the bells is to to impact the future. He even mentions how the Rosetta Stone wasn't found until 2,000 years after it was created.

4. I keep hearing people say that his 20,000 word autobiography is sealed in an olive jar. Can someone link me to that source because I never heard FF say it was an olive jar. For all I know it could be sealed an expensive and/or rare blown glass apothecary jar.
09-11-2013, 08:56 PM,
"It's still out there".....

"Just because I haven't said the treasure is buried doesn't mean it isn't".

"It doesn't matter who you are, it only matters who they think you are". ----Forrest Fenn

I believe that the treasure is out there. And I believe in most of what Forrest Fenn has said. If I didn't, then why am I here? Why are any of us here? But that doesn't mean I'm not going to question everything either and take the gold to the assayer to determine its purity. Sometimes things need to be stirred up. It's never emotional for me. It may look like it but it's not.

All we have is the information we've been given. I guess, at the end of the day, it comes down to
<hr class="bbcode_rule" />
what do you believe? And as far as finding the treasure, what we choose to believe, and how we apply that to the 9 clues, I think, is the fine dividing line between the one who finds it and the one that doesn't.

Good questions and great thoughts. And thanks for not running me out of here. Smile

Here are some other famous quotes that are also worthy of thought:

Everything has to be taken on trust; truth is only that which is taken to be true. It's the currency of living. There may be nothing behind it, but it doesn't make any difference so long as it is honored.

- Tom Stoppard

Man associates ideas not according to logic or verifiable exactitude, but according to his pleasure and interests. It is for this reason that most truths are nothing but prejudices.

- Remy de Gourmont

It takes two to speak the truth - one to speak, and another to hear.

- Henry David Thoreau

One of the most untruthful things possible, you know, is a collection of facts, because they can be made to appear so many different ways.

- Karl Menninger

The truth is more important than the facts.

- Frank Lloyd Wright

Many people would be more truthful were it not for their uncontrollable desire to talk.

- Edgar Watson Howe

Every man has a right to utter what he thinks is truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it.

- Samuel Johnson

You can only find truth with logic if you have already found truth without it.

- Gilbert K. Chesterton

09-12-2013, 04:34 PM,

<b>Quote from El Jefe on September 11, 2013, 8:35 pm</b>

Here's my drunken 2 cents:

1. I don't think the bells were the "precursors to the hidden treasure". In the interview linked above FF says he only hid 8 of about 28 bells. So the bells are still being hidden, whereas the treasure is already hidden. Also, he says in the book (p. 137) that on many occasions at night, while his wife was watching "Dancing With the Stars (DWTS) he was making wax bells. DWTS first aired in 2005. So if the bells were the precursor to the hidden treasure that would mean that the treasure idea, the poem, buying the chest, hiding it, etc. couldn't have happened before 2005 and I don't think that's the case.

2. I don't recall FF saying he buried the bells "in the wilderness". I did hear him say in the interview linked above that he buried 8 of them in New Mexico. The wilderness would imply an area that is, for the most part, undisturbed by human activity but "in New Mexico" could simply mean in his backyard in Santa Fe.

3. In my opinion, FF doesn't want the bells to be found until he has passed. In the book (p.138), FF says "Hopefully no one will happen upon a bell for many years - around 1,000 would be perfect." He also say in the interview linked above and in the book (p.136) that his goal with the bells is to to impact the future. He even mentions how the Rosetta Stone wasn't found until 2,000 years after it was created.

4. I keep hearing people say that his 20,000 word autobiography is sealed in an olive jar. Can someone link me to that source because I never heard FF say it was an olive jar. For all I know it could be sealed an expensive and/or rare blown glass apothecary jar.
</div>

Great post, I'll address a few things.

1. Forrest is telling us he plays fast and loose with the names of books he reads (For Whom the Bell Tolls mismatched title and story synopsis) so there's no reason he would be accurate with the name of a TV show he doesn't even watch. We can't rely on that to establish a timeframe.

2. There is a LOT of wilderness in the American Southwest, many tens of thousands of square miles of it to this day. If you live in the city and have never been out there it can boggle your mind that it's actually the United States.

3. I maintain that the poem is meant to have multiple interpretations, places that Forrest wants us to visit. Look at all the places that people have searched where all the clues line up. Forrest could have a list of his own, burying bells at each place. And the hardest place of all has the chest. A grand idea that every once in a while, every few years or decades or centuries, a bell turns up and rekindles interest in that crazy old coot that buried a chest full of gold..

4. Good catch. In the book he states "It’s in a small glass jar" in the book. http://www.oldsantafetradingco.com/asset...-chase.pdf I misremembered it as being an olive jar. Where did the olive jar reference come from? I find references to an antique olive jar but I can't source it directly from Forrest.
09-12-2013, 08:10 PM,
4. I am not sure there is a direct quote but there are numerous 2nd-party references to it if you google "forrest fenn olive jar." Also, in one of the early chapters in the book, he wrote that some kid at his elementary school would wave an olive jar in his face.
09-13-2013, 09:19 AM,
As long as we're trying to verify facts here, could someone prove that Forrest Fenn stated that he made 2 trips to hide the treasure? So far, I think that's just hearsay and would appreciate an actual reference. Didn't he remark that it was somewhere a 79- or 80-year old could carry the 42 lbs?
09-13-2013, 11:08 AM,
I just found an interview where FF says that his 20,000 word autobiography is sealed in an Olive Jar. I guess I missed it the first time around. Here's a link to the interview http://lummifilm.com/blog/CBC2013.mp3.

<b>Quote from waterhigh on September 13, 2013, 10:19 am</b>

As long as we're trying to verify facts here, could someone prove that Forrest Fenn stated that he made 2 trips to hide the treasure? So far, I think that's just hearsay and would appreciate an actual reference. Didn't he remark that it was somewhere a 79- or 80-year old could carry the 42 lbs?
</div>

I'm looking for this source now. This website http://www.creationeer.co.uk/forrestfennfacts.html claims that it's a "Confirmed direct response from Forrest, in an email" which (if true) is most likely on Dal Neitzel's blog at http://dalneitzel.com/. I haven't gone back and read the emails to confirm it yet because I vaguely remember hearing the statement come out of FF's mouth in an interview. I could be wrong though.

09-14-2013, 11:46 PM,
Fenn is a multimillionaire. mul(tiple) tim(es) i'l(l) li(e) on air
12-11-2013, 11:57 AM,
I am reading past posts and this is the most productive line of discussion I have seen, thank you Ricky.

Have faith, trust in Forrest. I am positive he covered all the bases. With enough thought it all becomes clear. Smile
Shhh they aren't listening.
12-11-2013, 01:16 PM,
Wait a second, Forrest is getting people to think about what they believe. Maybe I misunderstood. WASN'T THAT THE WHOLE POINT OF MY WAR FOR ME. The reason that this discussion is happening here, right now, is that there probably isn't 5 people on this planet who have figured out WWWH. Stephanie hasn't neither has Dal. Do you think Forrest doesn't know that? He gets 15 or 20 emails an hour. Do you think he put his email address in the front of the book on accident? Who said Forrest wasn't a school teacher? Hell, he's watching us think right now.