Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linda Bilyeu's Statement
02-06-2016, 12:36 AM,
Linda Bilyeu's Statement
Dal:
I am sure many of you saw the comment by 21Ponies that we removed a few minutes ago. It was removed because it attacked someone and I cannot permit that on this blog. I certainly understand 21Ponies’ anger and I agree with his sentiments, however this blog is not the place to post such an attack.

I am going to post here a piece of what Linda (Randy’s ex-wife) wrote on her website about Forrest. I believe this is the crux of what 21Ponies was upset about. I am posting this because I want us as a community to be aware of her outrageous accusations. I am appalled at her remarks. I believe her comments to be unthinkable, undefendable and completely irresponsible.

I will allow civil comment on her remarks but I will not allow name calling or bullying.

Linda Bilyeu’s comments as copied from her website on February 5th, 2016:

“I emailed Forrest today and kindly suggested that he tell the a family member where the treasure is. I emphasized that we did NOT care about his treasure madness and just wanted our treasure returned. This idea was all I had left to try and find Randy! He opted out. He said Randy was no where close to the treasure. I’m calling BS!

There is no way Randy went there without his mind being manipulated enough to believe that the treasure was there. He was certain the treasure was there. He had found it! Now, that is if the treasure actually exists. Come y’all do you really think there is hidden treasure?

Who in their right mind would be that desperate for attention that they would need to hide $1-$3 million dollars worth of gems and whatever and then write two books about the hidden treasure? And on top of that charge $35 for the first book on how to find the treasure? Who does that? I will allow you to answer that question because I am sure by now you have already formed your own opinion which you are entitled to.

I think I might have possibly offended Mr. Fenn today. He told me with all certainty that Randy was searching West to Southwest of the area, when his clue is actually North to Northwest. But, after much research via an expert Randy was actually searching North to Northwest of Santa Fe. And that, is a fact! Randy might have went down the river on a raft in the winter because he had a damn good reason to do so.

Possibly, Mr. Fenn is directionally challenged, such as myself?

In need of lawyer who will take on our case pro-bono. At this time. For PR only. Are you up for the gig? Email me for a consultation. lindabilyeu@gmail.com

February 4 – I had a consult with our family attorney. Due to the way this case is being handled he suggested it was time to acquire the services in the Santa Fe area. So, if you are or know of a lawyer who has worked along with the police in a missing case before, please let us know. Pro bono would be greatly appreciated. Of course the PR is a bonus for them.”

There you have it. If you want to check the authenticity of this quote Linda’s website is located at:
http://hubpages.com/health/Randy-Bilyeu-...n-Santa-Fe
02-06-2016, 01:14 AM,
RE: Linda Bilyeu's Statement
Ahh, ........the thought of gold trumps all, ........in many ways, shapes and forms. It's happened to many of us. It happened to Randy. That's why he did what he did. Now his ex............... That didn't take long. And after all we did.................. Too bad.

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
02-06-2016, 02:16 AM,
First

I appreciate that Linda is angry at this situation. It is one of the steps that occurs when we
experience grief. I clearly remember an early article wherein she was quoted as saying her ex (Randy)
was not the brightest bulb or some other insult like that. I can appreciate that, her marriage to him
ended and there may have been some bad blood.

I think what FF and other searchers have done is exceptional! I am proud of him and the others. I too
may go search with my quad as soon as the weather warms up a bit...which it may in the next week or two. I have been to Otowi bridge and White Rock but I'm not familiar with the lower area of the Rio where his raft was found. I have gone on many searches including Los Alamos area, and taken many chances as many of us have.

Going to that area this time of year and not being prepared led to his demise. He may have had an accident in the river, especially if he was wearing waders. He may have gotten a late start to his search and just ran out of time, having floated 9 miles down stream, too far and difficult to safely walk back. His hiking boots were still in the car!

It is unfortunate she is striking out at FF. We know the book cost him $10's of thousands and he gave 90% of the profits to Collected Works Bookstore and another $50 -$100K to be donated in the future to a cancer patient. The real truth is the book cost him money which he gave to CW and cancer fund.

Randy had gold fever, we all have different measures of that don't we? He made mistakes, probably so many it became fatal. He died doing what he wanted to do. I am disappointed Linda is soliciting for a lawyer, but I am not surprised. Human nature is an amazing thing, and we have seen both sides, good and bad. The searchers continue to search for him and show concern...she looks for someone to blame. No one is perfect, maybe if Randy is found there can be closure for her family. No one should feel guilty and no one is to blame except Randy.
02-06-2016, 02:59 AM,
She was looking for a lawyer to help her with the recalcitrant local police and other authorities. Not to sue Forrest, as far as I can tell. Not necessarily to sue the local police, but to get responses and information out of them. Dal was a bit selective in his quoting. Not contiguous.
02-06-2016, 03:02 AM,
(02-06-2016, 02:16 AM)treasureseeker Wrote: Going to that area this time of year and not being prepared led to his demise.

i dont think it is a good idea in a situation like this, to make a complete guess and present it as a fact, like you did here

at the time of this posting, Randy has not been found.

right now, we do not know what happened to him or why. no one knows.

those are the facts
02-06-2016, 03:12 AM,
Unfortunately, this was inevitable and happens all the time. Placing blame is only going to delay the grieving process. I read that Linda thought he found the treasure....I thought she was kidding but she wasn't. Linda many people who are hunting for the treasure believe without a doubt they have found it, but in 5 years no one has. For those of us who have been seriously hunting the treasure we knew immediately that this was not the right spot. Fenn reiterated this by saying it was not 8.5 miles north of Santa Fe. If you want to verify this go on google earth....each minute of latitude is equal to 1.15 miles. You can go from Santa Fe north by latitude and rule the entire area out based on the latitude. It is NOT 8.5 miles north of Santa Fe. Mr. Fenn is not directionally challenged, and I strongly suggest you fire your "expert", as it would appear they have no clue.
02-06-2016, 03:15 AM,
I think it is an innocuous statement, not presented as factual. The fact is he his missing
after 30 days. He parked his car and floated 9 miles down river seemingly without winter
gear or proper shoes in the dead of winter. I understood he may not have begun his float until
noon or so.

I saw Randy at the Santa Fe book signing. Were you there too Chris?

***I M O *** The river got him, the elements, an animal, a fall, another human, or
he staged the whole thing which I doubt because of Leo.
I plan to go out looking for him before I go out searching for the treasure. Have you been out looking for Randy yet? Talk is cheap.
02-06-2016, 03:25 AM,
what do you mean talk is cheap
02-06-2016, 08:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-06-2016, 12:03 PM by Indy.)
When you buy a $69 raft and raft down a remote river canyon in January with the temps below freezing and snow on the ground, then you better be lucky, or really prepared to survive the elements.

I've done some really dumb things on this chase and I was just lucky because I have no talent for surviving the elements. I remember Dal's winter bike ride in Yellowstone when he got wet and almost stuck out that night. He would have surely perished from the elements. Dal got lucky.

I've been lucky and most people get lucky. But sometimes you don't. I hope I've finally learned to be better prepared so I don't have to rely on luck so much.
02-06-2016, 09:35 AM,
I don't have any qualms about Linda being highly critical of Forrest. Forrest is tough. He can handle it. Before they wrote their article, I encouraged Outside Magazine repeatedly to get the family's side of the story. Each time I told the guy working on the story that she would probably unload on Forrest and that the family needed to be heard. Each time the Outside guy assured me they would contact the family. In the end Outside did not contact the family. I expect and understand anger. I have been surprised at her restraint. I'm not saying the article has anything to do with not being interviewed by Outside. I don't think it does. I'm just sayin'. The family gets tired of reading about the heroic author searching for his dead fan. I don't waste much time reading the tabloids but I've scanned one or two. They're heavy on Forrest, light on Randy. It's a little off-putting. Imagine yourself in the family's shoes. Do note that her criticisms were confined to Forrest and not to those who had been out looking for Randy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Contradictory Statement ROLL TIDE 20 843 Yesterday, 12:27 AM
Last Post: Chris Yates
  Is Linda Bilyeau winning? OjoDude 40 4,473 10-01-2017, 03:34 PM
Last Post: FennMaster
  Ruh roh...Linda is back. Its a hoax! romeofoxtrot 13 3,006 08-31-2016, 07:17 PM
Last Post: timberwolf
  Fenn and the Two Trips from the Car Statement...... glock20 144 48,516 08-15-2016, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Tim Nobody
  Linda Bilyeu's open letter to Forrest Fenn mdavis19 157 36,545 08-12-2016, 08:40 AM
Last Post: djjmciv