Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linda Bilyeu's Statement
03-21-2016, 03:42 PM,
RE: Linda Bilyeu's Statement
(02-06-2016, 09:35 AM)John Brown Wrote: I don't have any qualms about Linda being highly critical of Forrest. Forrest is tough. He can handle it. Before they wrote their article, I encouraged Outside Magazine repeatedly to get the family's side of the story. Each time I told the guy working on the story that she would probably unload on Forrest and that the family needed to be heard. Each time the Outside guy assured me they would contact the family. In the end Outside did not contact the family. I expect and understand anger. I have been surprised at her restraint. I'm not saying the article has anything to do with not being interviewed by Outside. I don't think it does. I'm just sayin'. The family gets tired of reading about the heroic author searching for his dead fan. I don't waste much time reading the tabloids but I've scanned one or two. They're heavy on Forrest, light on Randy. It's a little off-putting. Imagine yourself in the family's shoes. Do note that her criticisms were confined to Forrest and not to those who had been out looking for Randy.

I feel for Linda and the family... However, how does anyone truly know Randy perished?? Seriously.... People disappear more often than you think for unknown reasons. No one knows, still remains a mystery... So really the family can't blame Forrest or anyone else for that matter. It's too bad that Randy is still missing and I can't imagine if it was one of my family members, but at the same time... If Randy disappeared searching for Fenn's treasure his personal safety was his responsibility no one else's but his.
03-21-2016, 04:54 PM,
RE: Linda Bilyeu's Statement
(03-21-2016, 03:42 PM)glock20 Wrote:
(02-06-2016, 09:35 AM)John Brown Wrote: I don't have any qualms about Linda being highly critical of Forrest. Forrest is tough. He can handle it. Before they wrote their article, I encouraged Outside Magazine repeatedly to get the family's side of the story. Each time I told the guy working on the story that she would probably unload on Forrest and that the family needed to be heard. Each time the Outside guy assured me they would contact the family. In the end Outside did not contact the family. I expect and understand anger. I have been surprised at her restraint. I'm not saying the article has anything to do with not being interviewed by Outside. I don't think it does. I'm just sayin'. The family gets tired of reading about the heroic author searching for his dead fan. I don't waste much time reading the tabloids but I've scanned one or two. They're heavy on Forrest, light on Randy. It's a little off-putting. Imagine yourself in the family's shoes. Do note that her criticisms were confined to Forrest and not to those who had been out looking for Randy.

I feel for Linda and the family... However, how does anyone truly know Randy perished?? Seriously.... People disappear more often than you think for unknown reasons. No one knows, still remains a mystery... So really the family can't blame Forrest or anyone else for that matter. It's too bad that Randy is still missing and I can't imagine if it was one of my family members, but at the same time... If Randy disappeared searching for Fenn's treasure his personal safety was his responsibility no one else's but his.

Nobody truly knows what happened to Randy. I don't think that the family blames Forrest for Randy's disappearance. I've interacted a fair bit with both Linda and Forrest over Randy's disappearance. I think Forrest is probably permanently pissed at me. Linda isn't yet. Anyway, I think that Linda was put-off by the amount of Forrest in the articles about missing Randy. I know I was. I give Forrest credit for going out and searching for him himself and I think the fact that Forrest searched probably led others to search as well. But in the grand scheme of people who are searching for Randy, Fenn's role was small. He spent a bunch of money and bought dinner for large numbers of searchers including yours truly and I give him kudos for that too. At this point there is just a hard core of around a dozen searchers and none of them know Fenn except me. I think I am the only one among them who has ever searched for the treasure. There may be others outside this hard core who are also searching but I am talking about a small semi-dedicated group of people who freely share information with each other and watch out for each other, etc.. There is a Viet Nam Vet from Albuquerque who I think searches a lot but I never hear anything from/about him. If he is still searching he is not working with us. I will soon meet most of the hard core for the first time. I wish it were a little different than it is. I enjoyed meeting Sacha and Cynthia but they also are not among this hard nucleus. I believe that is because of the bad feelings between Forrest and Linda. There are these little cliques. I prefer to ignore that stuff that isn't the most effective way of dealing with it. What I can tell you is that I believe if I contacted Sacha or Cynthia or Dal requesting a piece of information that they would get it to me immediately. Dal has in the past. As far as I'm concerned they're all stand-up humans, and that includes Linda and Forrest as well. I don't know what motivates people. I think that what motivates Linda is her love for her daughters. I think Forrest was truly pained by Randy's disappearance and that motivated him but I also think he is a media hound who loves seeing his own name in the paper.

I should point out that I first learned the roads out there with Gene who is a chase chatter, whose name I can't spell, Geydelykon or thereabouts. I knew he was coming and called him in the middle of the afternoon one day and we hooked up and I learned the roads with him. He had already figured out part of the route in. That saved me probably half a day. I later led in several large groups so I saved them a similar amount of time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There is a big TTOTC "hint" in this statistical statement... delayah 16 1,905 07-24-2017, 03:13 AM
Last Post: delayah
  Ruh roh...Linda is back. Its a hoax! romeofoxtrot 14 2,255 08-31-2016, 07:17 PM
Last Post: timberwolf
  Fenn and the Two Trips from the Car Statement...... glock20 144 35,737 08-15-2016, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Tim Nobody
  Linda Bilyeu's open letter to Forrest Fenn mdavis19 163 27,511 08-12-2016, 08:40 AM
Last Post: djjmciv