Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fenn and the Two Trips from the Car Statement......
02-09-2016, 11:27 PM,
Fenn and the Two Trips from the Car Statement......
Fenn and the Two Trips from the Car Statement...

This one throws me a little, reason being if Fenn hid the treasure with two trips from the Car, this probably means.. he didn't use any other form of transportation, i.e. no boats, rafts, horse, etc.

IF Fenn had used a raft or boat to hide the Chest and Gold, it all would have been loaded in the boat right?! Or Gold stashed a close distance away for him to hide the Chest and Gold separately by Foot..

So back to the statement.. Two trips from the Car. So we know he "drove" to his hiding area.. then "hiked" it in from there... Two trips, back and forth.

So does this still eliminate use of a Boat, raft? etc...???

What do you think?
02-10-2016, 02:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-10-2016, 02:04 AM by Windy City.)
RE: Fenn and the Two Trips from the Car Statement......
(02-09-2016, 11:27 PM)glock20 Wrote: Fenn and the Two Trips from the Car Statement...

This one throws me a little, reason being if Fenn hid the treasure with two trips from the Car, this probably means.. he didn't use any other form of transportation, i.e. no boats, rafts, horse, etc.

IF Fenn had used a raft or boat to hide the Chest and Gold, it all would have been loaded in the boat right?! Or Gold stashed a close distance away for him to hide the Chest and Gold separately by Foot..

So back to the statement.. Two trips from the Car. So we know he "drove" to his hiding area.. then "hiked" it in from there... Two trips, back and forth.

What do you think?

I have wondered about this myself and why he refused to answer the question when asked if he used any other mode of transportation to get to and from the parked car and the hiding place.
02-10-2016, 07:55 AM,
(02-09-2016, 11:27 PM)glock20 Wrote: Fenn and the Two Trips from the Car Statement...

What do you think?

Yes, I believe it does. The Randy comments also seem to indicate that the chest is easier to get to than I first thought when I started this quest. It might be in a dangerous place in terms of animals like Grizz, snakes, bison etc... but the journey you take will not be phyically dangerous in terms of terrain.

A horse or bicycle might require two trips to handle the extra 42 lbs, but I'm not sure as I don't ride horses.
02-10-2016, 08:43 AM,
His statements indicate he had to make a trip, return to the car, and make another trip and return. To me, that rules out a boat since he'd have to return, presumably upstream. I think a horse would also be out - horses attract curious people "nice horse - did you have a nice ride? Where you going now?"
Bicyclists are less obtrusive, but I think the risk of being seen/remembered would have been too high. Hikers are common enough to be virtually invisible, or at least unmemorable - especially if carrying some fishing gear.
02-10-2016, 08:48 AM,
No boat, horse, para glider is required.
I actually found it amusing that people had such ideas in the first place.

All you need is shanks' pony
02-10-2016, 09:09 AM,
He may have used a raft to quickly cross a river rather than going up or downstream

Or he could have waded it

Just saying until he rules out any other mode of transportation I would keep an open mind especially as we do not know why searchers are not getting closer than 200 ft

"Let me tell you something else. I've seen a lot of spinals solves, Dude, and this guy is a fake. A ****ing goldbricker." -Walter Sobchack
02-10-2016, 09:10 AM,
(02-10-2016, 08:43 AM)old drum Wrote: Hikers are common enough to be virtually invisible, or at least unmemorable - especially if carrying some fishing gear.

That would depend on whether there were fishable waters near by.
02-10-2016, 09:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-10-2016, 09:56 AM by Mike R..)

What do you think?

To me, it means the path (the clues) you follow will not be the path ff used to hide the tc.

WWWH (where you would begin) is likely further away from the tc than where ff parked his vehicle when he hid the tc.
02-10-2016, 11:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-10-2016, 11:20 AM by glock20.)
(02-10-2016, 08:43 AM)old drum Wrote: His statements indicate he had to make a trip, return to the car, and make another trip and return. To me, that rules out a boat since he'd have to return, presumably upstream. I think a horse would also be out - horses attract curious people "nice horse - did you have a nice ride? Where you going now?"
Bicyclists are less obtrusive, but I think the risk of being seen/remembered would have been too high. Hikers are common enough to be virtually invisible, or at least unmemorable - especially if carrying some fishing gear.

Old drum,
You have good points, but let's say he wasn't going up or down stream and crossing a lake... that would be a lateral direction. Yes, horses I agree is a little extreme... A bike, he would need a good trail for that, I can't see Fenn being an avid mountain biker, but then again I wouldn't under estimate his abilities at all...

He has raft hints in TFTW book, so makes me ponder... but then again, he has cars, airplanes, rafts, bikes, trains, etc. Every mode of transportation is mentioned...

And yes, wading across a stream... He would definitely the points to cross being a previous Fishing Guide and all...
02-10-2016, 11:46 AM,
He'd be empty coming back; no 20 lb weight on his back, he could almost literally fly back to the car. He had no burdens, no backpack, maybe a bottle of water. He knew where he was going and didn't need to waste time.

IMO there's no other method of transportation allowed; I think he demands you carry it all the way out. You're gonna earn it.

If it's in the GYE then most places would encounter frigid flooded streams in mid to late spring; early spring would still be heavy snowfall with massive water-flooded caverns just under the snowpack like Dal encountered.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Linda Bilyeu's Statement Larsonist 131 36,815 03-21-2016, 04:54 PM
Last Post: John Brown
  2 trips from car/ 2 sites? LostFound 6 2,748 02-26-2016, 05:44 PM
Last Post: romeofoxtrot
  How many trips left in 2015? LostFound 16 3,712 09-22-2015, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Retired Postmaster
  How to save money on trips admin 28 2,929 11-21-2013, 11:31 AM
Last Post: admin