Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do people seriously think they can locate it without BOTG?
02-12-2016, 06:04 PM,
Do people seriously think they can locate it without BOTG?
When Fenn talked about the girl who will never get past the first two clues without being BOTG, I think Fenn was simply trying to make it clear that without going BOTG, you have no chance in hell of finding the chest. Far too many people think they can sit in their chair and come up with a complete solution, you cannot, that would also go against everything he claims to have done it for "get kids away from their electronic devices". Perhaps only the first two clues can be solved with google/GE/a map and the poem. If he wanted people to solve the problem 100%, and then go BOTG to get the chest, he would not accomplish his goals of the "chase".

So good luck to all the armchair warriors, you don't have a chance in hell of locating anything, and all you will do is locate millions of potential places and give up without ever having left your house.

The biggest disadvantage such people have is that what you see on GE is not only way out of date, it does not give anything at all similar to being at the location in real time. You have no sense of perspective, and GE does not have (and never will have as long as the government restricts it) the resolution required to even get the terrain accurate enough. It also cannot see under water, cannot see under ledges/trees/overhangs/cliffs/etc. For example, what if the blaze is contained on a wall that is beneath an overhang or at an angle that makes it impossible to see, such as the side of a cliff?

Zero chance to locate it without being there, sorry, but online alone will never get you the confidence to walk right to, or even near the chest. Unfortunately, like Fenn stated he wished he could hide one in the apalacian (sp) mountains on the east coast too, so clearly those who are near the rocky mountains are the only ones who will ever locate the chest.

Thats my opinion, and I am sticking to it Smile
02-12-2016, 06:29 PM,
RE: Do people seriously think they can locate it without BOTG?
one point you are making is easily refuted.

lets say that hypothetically, someone found the treasure tomorrow

and the person reveals that they had solved the poem and knew where to go before they left. they went to the coordinates, and the treasure was there

under this scenario, did Forrest accomplish his goal of getting thousands of people out into nature?

yes, obviously he did
02-12-2016, 06:42 PM,
(02-12-2016, 06:04 PM)Tony Wrote: When Fenn talked about the girl who will never get past the first two clues without being BOTG, I think Fenn was simply trying to make it clear that without going BOTG, you have no chance in hell of finding the chest. Far too many people think they can sit in their chair and come up with a complete solution, you cannot, that would also go against everything he claims to have done it for "get kids away from their electronic devices". Perhaps only the first two clues can be solved with google/GE/a map and the poem. If he wanted people to solve the problem 100%, and then go BOTG to get the chest, he would not accomplish his goals of the "chase".

So good luck to all the armchair warriors, you don't have a chance in hell of locating anything, and all you will do is locate millions of potential places and give up without ever having left your house.

The biggest disadvantage such people have is that what you see on GE is not only way out of date, it does not give anything at all similar to being at the location in real time. You have no sense of perspective, and GE does not have (and never will have as long as the government restricts it) the resolution required to even get the terrain accurate enough. It also cannot see under water, cannot see under ledges/trees/overhangs/cliffs/etc. For example, what if the blaze is contained on a wall that is beneath an overhang or at an angle that makes it impossible to see, such as the side of a cliff?

Zero chance to locate it without being there, sorry, but online alone will never get you the confidence to walk right to, or even near the chest. Unfortunately, like Fenn stated he wished he could hide one in the apalacian (sp) mountains on the east coast too, so clearly those who are near the rocky mountains are the only ones who will ever locate the chest.

Thats my opinion, and I am sticking to it Smile

I wouldn't use the same language as you, but it's clear than Fenn is warning everyone that indeed you need to get out and see the world and not sit behind the desk on your electronic device.

This is not good news for those who live far away, but it's reality. You might locate the spot at home by shear luck, but it will not be with the poem solution as he intended it.
02-12-2016, 06:57 PM,
(02-12-2016, 06:29 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: one point you are making is easily refuted.

and the person reveals that they had solved the poem and knew where to go before they left. they went to the coordinates, and the treasure was there

under this scenario, did Forrest accomplish his goal of getting thousands of people out into nature?

yes, obviously he did

Not going to happen. And that would NOT be in line with 'logically' "getting thousands of people out into nature". Sorry Yates. Good try though. Smile

I mean, I wish it was completely, exactly solvable from home as much as anyone else, but All the evidence points to BOTG.

And it's not refuted, because it's hypothetical.

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
02-12-2016, 07:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-12-2016, 07:12 PM by Windy City.)
(02-12-2016, 06:57 PM)Project Why Wrote:
(02-12-2016, 06:29 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: one point you are making is easily refuted.

yes, obviously he did

Not going to happen. And that would NOT be in line with 'logically' "getting thousands of people out into nature". Sorry Yates. Good try though. Smile

I mean, I wish it was completely, exactly solvable from home as much as anyone else, but All the evidence points to BOTG.

Your opinion does not need to refuted, because that is all it is, your opinion. You cannot refute an opinion that states that it can be solved without BOTG. What cannot be refuted is that BOTG are needed to retrieve the TC. I am not saying that it can be solved at home, but you have no proof at this time that it can't be.
02-12-2016, 07:25 PM,
(02-12-2016, 07:11 PM)Windy City Wrote:
(02-12-2016, 06:57 PM)Project Why Wrote:

yes, obviously he did

Your opinion does not need to refuted, because that is all it is, your opinion. You cannot refute an opinion that states that it can be solved without BOTG. What cannot be refuted is that BOTG are needed to retrieve the TC. I am not saying that it can be solved at home, but you have no proof at this time that it can't be.

You sure have a lot of "cannots"!! Smile Are you sure they are correct?

Refute?

Sure I can. Smile I refute opinions in my sleep. Smile The "proof" is in the architects words. I don't base my responses on anything but. And there is way more proof, especially as of late, that supports BOTG vs solving it from home first.

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
02-12-2016, 07:37 PM,
Yeah, the poem is mostly assholes and elbows BOTG. That is if you want to solve it how F intended it to be solved. He said he wanted sweaty bodies out there. That simply does not tally with being able to solve it mostly from home. The slow gradual solving of the clues suggests hard BOTG work is going on behind the scenes rather than some eureka moment from a desk bound searcher dabbling in codes, coordinates, ciphers or other such nonsense.

Of course you can try and take shortcuts and go the quick and easy path with a half-assed behind your desk solve but you may not have the confidence to actually find the blaze/chest when you get out there. Might sum up the 500ft/200 ft brigade, who knows...

"Let me tell you something else. I've seen a lot of spinals solves, Dude, and this guy is a fake. A ****ing goldbricker." -Walter Sobchack
02-12-2016, 07:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-12-2016, 08:01 PM by Becky from WV.)
@everyone - Nonsense! NO BOTG necessary.

#1 “I warned that the path would not be direct for those who had no certainty of the location beforehand, but sure for the one who did.” f (certainty of the location BEFOREHAND)

#2 "I would urge everyone to go back to the poem in my book and be more deliberate about where they go. No one will accidentally happen upon the treasure." f (DELIBERATE about where they go)

#3 "Whoever finds the treasure will have read the poem over and over, and studied it, and thought and planned and will go directly to the treasure." f (will GO DIRECTLY to the treasure)

I believe distance away from the search area plays NO part in the competition of the Chase. That's why we ALL have an equal chance. The poem can be solved from anywhere at anytime by anyone ... who is able to correctly understand & logically apply the clues in the poem.
02-12-2016, 07:58 PM,
Forrest has said that you should have solved the poem before you leave the driveway. Solving does not mean finding the chest, but it would be shear folly to leave home without knowing exactly where you want to search, down to a couple hundred square feet at least. That seems to me to be a sound and rational approach. It's Forrest's endorsement, not mine. But------

I concur.
02-12-2016, 08:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-12-2016, 08:12 PM by Chris Yates.)
i can see yall get confused easily

the opinion wasnt being refuted, a certain point being made to support the opinion is refuted

a BOTG is possible, and a solve that can be completed from your armchair with the poem and the right maps is also a possibility. if you cant consider that it is at least a possibility, then all it shows is that you are unable to think logically outside of your own bubble

one of the points that has been presented today by Tony on this blog is that it would have to be a BOTG solution to accomplish F's goal of getting people out into nature

that the example i presented is hypothetical, does in fact refute the point. hypothetical means that something is being considered that is a possibility. and if it is a possibility, and F's goal of people out of nature is still accomplished, then it refutes the point that it has to be BOTG to accomplish Fs goal

use your fingers if you have to. i believe in you all. i really do