Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does this describe your solve?
02-23-2016, 09:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-23-2016, 09:46 AM by romeofoxtrot.)
"The person who finds the treasure will have studied the poem over and over, and thought, and analyzed and moved with confidence. Nothing about it will be accidental."

I interpet this to mean that you must be certain, each clue must be certain. Nothing left to chance, nothing accidental.

02-23-2016, 02:18 PM,
RE: Does this describe your solve?
i agree that will describe the correct solve

each clue must be certain, and you can have certainty with each clue before retrieving the chest

it would have to be so, for the puzzle to be solvable

the thing is, it will only describe the one correct solve, however you are likely to get multiple responses on this thread saying "this describes my solve"

i wont comment further on that, but do the math and ...... ya
02-23-2016, 03:37 PM,
I agree.
I also believe that confirmation comes from the books. For example warm waters hall are on the cover of too far to walk. Important ideas and places are on the cover of thrill of the chase. Everything follows a theme. Everything is based on the poem and I arrived at a large geoglyph and floating hat. I don't see how it gets any better than that
Ω 200 ft. Club Ω
02-23-2016, 04:03 PM,
Geeze louise romeo, never ask this question when Deekus is standing around. He's on full automatic floating hat response mode 24 / 7. Spare us please.
02-23-2016, 07:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-23-2016, 07:12 PM by decall.)
the floating hat was fenn's idea... why don't you argue against the geoglyph? Hello? Hello? and why the heck do you care... I publish in Jul. so shhhhhhhhhh
[Image: a43662fcb9f325317419b4c2ad9cb1c5.jpg]
Ω 200 ft. Club Ω
02-23-2016, 08:00 PM,
There can be only 1!
02-23-2016, 08:43 PM,
(02-23-2016, 09:46 AM)romeofoxtrot Wrote: "The person who finds the treasure will have studied the poem over and over, and thought, and analyzed and moved with confidence. Nothing about it will be accidental."

I interpet this to mean that you must be certain, each clue must be certain. Nothing left to chance, nothing accidental.

yes, it finally does - too bad it took me three years!
02-23-2016, 09:38 PM,
(02-23-2016, 09:46 AM)romeofoxtrot Wrote: "The person who finds the treasure will have studied the poem over and over, and thought, and analyzed and moved with confidence. Nothing about it will be accidental."

There's two kinds of confidence. There's confidence that you HAVE solved the puzzle. And there's confidence that you CAN solve the puzzle. A subtle but important difference. Everyone who has been confident they have it solved has been wrong. This leads me to believe a complete solution is not possible without BOTG. So the latter form of confidence is most likely the kind you need. Confidence that you can figure out the first few clues and find the correct starting point on the ground, then figure out the rest of the clues in the field. In short, confidence in yourself, and your ability to get out into the wilderness and think on your feet. Most Fenners are overflowing with the former kind of confidence, but most lack the latter, and the treasure remains unfound. Coincidence?

mdavis19
02-23-2016, 09:45 PM,
(02-23-2016, 02:18 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: i agree that will describe the correct solve

each clue must be certain, and you can have certainty with each clue before retrieving the chest

Yep, and to do that you will need to leave your house according to Forrest:

[Image: 26_Dinsmore.jpg]

(02-23-2016, 09:38 PM)mdavis19 Wrote:

There's two kinds of confidence. There's confidence that you HAVE solved the puzzle. And there's confidence that you CAN solve the puzzle. A subtle but important difference. Everyone who has been confident they have it solved has been wrong. This leads me to believe a complete solution is not possible without BOTG. So the latter form of confidence is most likely the kind you need. Confidence that you can figure out the first few clues and find the correct starting point on the ground, then figure out the rest of the clues in the field. In short, confidence in yourself, and your ability to get out into the wilderness and think on your feet. Most Fenners are overflowing with the former kind of confidence, but most lack the latter, and the treasure remains unfound. Coincidence?

mdavis19

Forrest Agrees with you MDavis:
[Image: 26_Dinsmore.jpg]
02-23-2016, 09:53 PM,
(02-23-2016, 09:52 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Wow Tony, keep digging. Never know what you'll find.

More than you ever will Smile

-

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Maybe the poem does not describe anywhere "In the Rockys north of Santa Fe" whisperer 23 1,462 10-15-2013, 02:02 AM
Last Post: admin