Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does this describe your solve?
02-23-2016, 10:12 PM,
RE: Does this describe your solve?
(02-23-2016, 09:38 PM)mdavis19 Wrote:
(02-23-2016, 09:46 AM)romeofoxtrot Wrote: "The person who finds the treasure will have studied the poem over and over, and thought, and analyzed and moved with confidence. Nothing about it will be accidental."

I interpet this to mean that you must be certain, each clue must be certain. Nothing left to chance, nothing accidental.

There's two kinds of confidence. There's confidence that you HAVE solved the puzzle. And there's confidence that you CAN solve the puzzle. A subtle but important difference. Everyone who has been confident they have it solved has been wrong. This leads me to believe a complete solution is not possible without BOTG. So the latter form of confidence is most likely the kind you need. Confidence that you can figure out the first few clues and find the correct starting point on the ground, then figure out the rest of the clues in the field. In short, confidence in yourself, and your ability to get out into the wilderness and think on your feet. Most Fenners are overflowing with the former kind of confidence, but most lack the latter, and the treasure remains unfound. Coincidence?

mdavis19

A very good distinction. Getting BOTG is where the proverbial rubber meets the road. That is the crucible.
02-23-2016, 10:24 PM,
(02-23-2016, 09:45 PM)Tony Wrote:
(02-23-2016, 02:18 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: i agree that will describe the correct solve

each clue must be certain, and you can have certainty with each clue before retrieving the chest

Yep, and to do that you will need to leave your house according to Forrest:

[Image: 26_Dinsmore.jpg]

(02-23-2016, 09:38 PM)mdavis19 Wrote:
(02-23-2016, 09:46 AM)romeofoxtrot Wrote: "The person who finds the treasure will have studied the poem over and over, and thought, and analyzed and moved with confidence. Nothing about it will be accidental."

I interpet this to mean that you must be certain, each clue must be certain. Nothing left to chance, nothing accidental.

There's two kinds of confidence. There's confidence that you HAVE solved the puzzle. And there's confidence that you CAN solve the puzzle. A subtle but important difference. Everyone who has been confident they have it solved has been wrong. This leads me to believe a complete solution is not possible without BOTG. So the latter form of confidence is most likely the kind you need. Confidence that you can figure out the first few clues and find the correct starting point on the ground, then figure out the rest of the clues in the field. In short, confidence in yourself, and your ability to get out into the wilderness and think on your feet. Most Fenners are overflowing with the former kind of confidence, but most lack the latter, and the treasure remains unfound. Coincidence?

mdavis19

Forrest Agrees with you MDavis:
[Image: 26_Dinsmore.jpg]

Ummm...why do you keep linking to that as though Fenn had anything to do with it. It was drawn by Jeremiah Dinsmore, submitted to Forrest, and he posted it on his website. Means nothing.
02-24-2016, 09:04 AM,
(02-23-2016, 10:24 PM)discoloration Wrote: Ummm...why do you keep linking to that as though Fenn had anything to do with it.

It is a magical thing called a signature, bright eyes!

Yep, Fenn don't agree with it, thats why its on his book webpage! Yeah, thats the ticket!
04-20-2017, 09:12 AM,
i think this cartoon might give reference that you cant solve the poem without boots on the ground and to sit on the internet helping other people without knowing whats going on is not the way
favorite quote "helping to better the lives of others is the greatest of all achievments"

~ Alan Shawn Feinstein ~ http://www.feinsteinfoundation.org/
the Holy Fenn http://www.chasechat.com/showthread.php?tid=7381
04-20-2017, 10:43 AM,
I. Confident i solved it, im also confident someone beat me to it!
04-20-2017, 12:00 PM,
(04-20-2017, 09:12 AM)lostowl Wrote: i think this cartoon might give reference that you cant solve the poem without boots on the ground and to sit on the internet helping other people without knowing whats going on is not the way

I concur. Fenn is an explorer and a modern day Indiana Jones. I'm sorry, but he just wouldn't design a puzzle that could be solved while sitting at your desk. If you really want to find it, then figure out wwwh and then drive to the Rockies to solve the next clue. Once you have the next clue, then you can figure out more from home. Then you return later (maybe even a few years later) when the weather is good enough for BOTG and walk out of there with the chest.

I use this strategy every trip, but unfortunately I have no idea as to where warm waters halt and so I never advance past the first clue.
04-20-2017, 01:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-20-2017, 01:12 PM by FlashFlood.)
(04-20-2017, 10:43 AM)McFly Wrote: I. Confident i solved it, im also confident someone beat me to it!

I agree

If someone grabbed the chest this past weekend I'm wondering how long before they would go public?
04-20-2017, 02:09 PM,
locating the treasure requires you to be on site. thats all we know for certain
04-20-2017, 03:18 PM,
(04-20-2017, 12:00 PM)Indy Wrote:
(04-20-2017, 09:12 AM)lostowl Wrote: i think this cartoon might give reference that you cant solve the poem without boots on the ground and to sit on the internet helping other people without knowing whats going on is not the way

I concur. Fenn is an explorer and a modern day Indiana Jones. I'm sorry, but he just wouldn't design a puzzle that could be solved while sitting at your desk. If you really want to find it, then figure out wwwh and then drive to the Rockies to solve the next clue. Once you have the next clue, then you can figure out more from home. Then you return later (maybe even a few years later) when the weather is good enough for BOTG and walk out of there with the chest.

I use this strategy every trip, but unfortunately I have no idea as to where warm waters halt and so I never advance past the first clue.

Does f also do puzzles at home?
04-20-2017, 03:45 PM,
(04-20-2017, 03:18 PM)fundamental design Wrote:
(04-20-2017, 12:00 PM)Indy Wrote:

Does f also do puzzles at home?

Yep, so you alternate clues. 1 at home, 1 BOTG, then 1 more at home, 1 BOTG. At some point you get close enough and then it's all BOTG to recover it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Maybe the poem does not describe anywhere "In the Rockys north of Santa Fe" whisperer 23 1,524 10-15-2013, 02:02 AM
Last Post: admin