Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does this describe your solve?
04-20-2017, 03:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-20-2017, 04:00 PM by fundamental design.)
RE: Does this describe your solve?
(04-20-2017, 03:45 PM)Indy Wrote:
(04-20-2017, 03:18 PM)fundamental design Wrote:
(04-20-2017, 12:00 PM)Indy Wrote:
(04-20-2017, 09:12 AM)lostowl Wrote: i think this cartoon might give reference that you cant solve the poem without boots on the ground and to sit on the internet helping other people without knowing whats going on is not the way

I concur. Fenn is an explorer and a modern day Indiana Jones. I'm sorry, but he just wouldn't design a puzzle that could be solved while sitting at your desk. If you really want to find it, then figure out wwwh and then drive to the Rockies to solve the next clue. Once you have the next clue, then you can figure out more from home. Then you return later (maybe even a few years later) when the weather is good enough for BOTG and walk out of there with the chest.

I use this strategy every trip, but unfortunately I have no idea as to where warm waters halt and so I never advance past the first clue.

Does f also do puzzles at home?

Yep, so you alternate clues. 1 at home, 1 BOTG, then 1 more at home, 1 BOTG. At some point you get close enough and then it's all BOTG to recover it.

So, f is a modern day Indiana Jones/puzzle doer at home guy. You mean like f would design a puzzle that one has to go 4.5 separate trips out to figure out at some point you are close enough to not go back home with the tc. I will start looking in the poem for those instructions.
The scary thing is that you are probably describing the easier and more non elegant way to design this puzzle. I give f more credit.
04-20-2017, 04:30 PM,
(04-20-2017, 03:59 PM)fundamental design Wrote:
(04-20-2017, 12:00 PM)Indy Wrote:
(04-20-2017, 09:12 AM)lostowl Wrote: i think this cartoon might give reference that you cant solve the poem without boots on the ground and to sit on the internet helping other people without knowing whats going on is not the way

I concur. Fenn is an explorer and a modern day Indiana Jones. I'm sorry, but he just wouldn't design a puzzle that could be solved while sitting at your desk. If you really want to find it, then figure out wwwh and then drive to the Rockies to solve the next clue. Once you have the next clue, then you can figure out more from home. Then you return later (maybe even a few years later) when the weather is good enough for BOTG and walk out of there with the chest.

I use this strategy every trip, but unfortunately I have no idea as to where warm waters halt and so I never advance past the first clue.

Yep, so you alternate clues. 1 at home, 1 BOTG, then 1 more at home, 1 BOTG. At some point you get close enough and then it's all BOTG to recover it.

So, f is a modern day Indiana Jones/puzzle doer at home guy. You mean like f would design a puzzle that one has to go 4.5 separate trips out to figure out at some point you are close enough to not go back home with the tc. I will start looking in the poem for those instructions.
The scary thing is that you are probably describing the easier and more non elegant way to design this puzzle. I give f more credit.

I really have no idea, but I keep an open mind on it. It may turn out BOTG are necessary or maybe they aint, but nobody will know until the chest is found, reported as found, and the finder reveals how they did it. Until then, it's a guessing game.
04-20-2017, 04:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-20-2017, 04:36 PM by fundamental design.)
(04-20-2017, 04:30 PM)Indy Wrote:
(04-20-2017, 12:00 PM)Indy Wrote: I concur. Fenn is an explorer and a modern day Indiana Jones. I'm sorry, but he just wouldn't design a puzzle that could be solved while sitting at your desk. If you really want to find it, then figure out wwwh and then drive to the Rockies to solve the next clue. Once you have the next clue, then you can figure out more from home. Then you return later (maybe even a few years later) when the weather is good enough for BOTG and walk out of there with the chest.

I really have no idea, but I keep an open mind on it. It may turn out BOTG are necessary or maybe they aint, but nobody will know until the chest is found, reported as found, and the finder reveals how they did it. Until then, it's a guessing game.

I agree...always keep an open mind. But, that's not how you started your post. You said I'm sorry, he just wouldn't design a puzzle that could be solved by sitting at your desk.
I wanted to get it back to an open mind mentality and show why he could have.
04-21-2017, 01:33 AM,
(02-23-2016, 09:46 AM)romeofoxtrot Wrote: "The person who finds the treasure will have studied the poem over and over, and thought, and analyzed and moved with confidence. Nothing about it will be accidental."

I interpet this to mean that you must be certain, each clue must be certain. Nothing left to chance, nothing accidental.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep. If you get "un-banned", please read this.
04-21-2017, 06:09 AM,
(02-23-2016, 09:46 AM)romeofoxtrot Wrote: "The person who finds the treasure will have studied the poem over and over, and thought, and analyzed and moved with confidence. Nothing about it will be accidental."

I interpet this to mean that you must be certain, each clue must be certain. Nothing left to chance, nothing accidental.

One million percent yes
04-21-2017, 06:41 AM,
(04-20-2017, 04:35 PM)fundamental design Wrote:
(04-20-2017, 04:30 PM)Indy Wrote:
(04-20-2017, 03:18 PM)fundamental design Wrote: Does f also do puzzles at home?

I agree...always keep an open mind. But, that's not how you started your post. You said I'm sorry, he just wouldn't design a puzzle that could be solved by sitting at your desk.
I wanted to get it back to an open mind mentality and show why he could have.

I stand by the comment, but it's only an opinion and no different than the rest of the comments on this blog. Fenn spent his life in the field and not as an academic. So I don't subscribe to the theory that he suddenly will reward the academics out there who won't leave their office. But it's only an opinion and maybe Fenn has changed his mind and decided that academics know more than he and they should be rewarded for sitting in an office. You never know.
04-21-2017, 06:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-21-2017, 06:57 AM by fundamental design.)
We're talking about puzzles, not academics.
04-21-2017, 07:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-21-2017, 07:03 PM by Kpro.)
(04-21-2017, 01:33 AM)Andrew Jef Wrote:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep. If you get "un-banned", please read this.

I don't think there is any in-banning.

Kpro

Email: kpro3@aol.com

Un, not in, autocorrect sucks.

Kpro

Email: kpro3@aol.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Maybe the poem does not describe anywhere "In the Rockys north of Santa Fe" whisperer 23 1,724 10-15-2013, 02:02 AM
Last Post: admin