Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bracelet inreturn for ?
02-26-2016, 06:26 PM,
Big Grin  bracelet inreturn for ?
hello there my fellow fenners and fennetts -i hope all is good this chase season-this chase is too much fun-iam having a ball - if one of you found the chest- what would u trade mr fenn for his bracelet- and don't say A MILLION DOLLARS either-- ok ill go first-how about a nice quiet fishing trip with mr fenn to one of his fishing spots or maybe spend time with him at his Indian ruin or some family time sounds like fun---- ok whos next
02-26-2016, 06:48 PM,
RE: bracelet inreturn for ?
(02-26-2016, 06:26 PM)jamesbrohamalambage Wrote: hello there my fellow fenners and fennetts -i hope all is good this chase season-this chase is too much fun-iam having a ball - if one of you found the chest- what would u trade mr fenn for his bracelet- and don't say A MILLION DOLLARS either-- ok ill go first-how about a nice quiet fishing trip with mr fenn to one of his fishing spots or maybe spend time with him at his Indian ruin or some family time sounds like fun---- ok whos next

I would give it back in return for a friendly chat over lunch or dinner.
02-26-2016, 07:48 PM,
Probably trade him straight across for Sitting Bull's pipe.
02-27-2016, 11:15 AM,
(02-27-2016, 10:56 AM)The Wolf Wrote:
(02-26-2016, 06:26 PM)jamesbrohamalambage Wrote: if one of you found the chest, what would u trade mr fenn for his bracelet?

I really don't believe he wants it back. It is likely just a ploy to ensure that when it is found that someone reports it.

Here's a hypthetical: Suppose the finder of the chest were to attempt to sell the chest and its contents to the highest bidder. Would the bidder consider the treasure to have more value if it were offered with everything it contained as originally hidden by Forrest?

Granted that Forrest may offer the finder a 'finder's fee' of several thousand dollars for the bracelet, but the bidder may find the absence of the bracelet lessens the value of the chest as a famous artifact and offer less as a result.

Don't laugh. These are important matters that Confident searchers should consider. All others may return to Saturday morning cartoons, Lucky Charms, and blueberry pop tarts.
02-27-2016, 11:20 AM,
(02-26-2016, 06:26 PM)jamesbrohamalambage Wrote: hello there my fellow fenners and fennetts -i hope all is good this chase season-this chase is too much fun-iam having a ball - if one of you found the chest- what would u trade mr fenn for his bracelet- and don't say A MILLION DOLLARS either-- ok ill go first-how about a nice quiet fishing trip with mr fenn to one of his fishing spots or maybe spend time with him at his Indian ruin or some family time sounds like fun---- ok whos next

I really don't believe he wants it back. It is likely just a ploy to ensure that when it is found that someone reports it. His constant mention of it puts it in the aberration classification and thus could be a hint itself.

Asking for something back that you gave away is called an "Indian Giver" (in less political correctness times). I guess I can say that now that Donald Trump is bringing back the popularity of political incorrectness. ha!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_giver

Brave and in the would (Indian in the wood). Hey Will know of any Indians in the wood that are special to Forrest?

I think Forrest wants to wear the bracelet in public again which would cause a silent stir. Imagine him being on the cover of Time with the bracelet!!
02-27-2016, 11:23 AM,
(02-27-2016, 11:15 AM)Larsonist Wrote:
(02-26-2016, 06:26 PM)jamesbrohamalambage Wrote: if one of you found the chest, what would u trade mr fenn for his bracelet?

I really don't believe he wants it back. It is likely just a ploy to ensure that when it is found that someone reports it.

Here's a hypthetical: Suppose the finder of the chest were to attempt to sell the chest and its contents to the highest bidder. Would the bidder consider the treasure to have more value if it were offered with everything it contained as originally hidden by Forrest?

Granted that Forrest may offer the finder a 'finder's fee' of several thousand dollars for the bracelet, but the bidder may find the absence of the bracelet lessens the value of the chest as a famous artifact and offer less as a result.

Don't laugh. These are important matters that Confident searchers should consider. All others may return to Saturday morning cartoons and Lucky Charms.
I value of a chest is greatly more valuable if all original. Even swapping out a gold coin would taint the find. FF quoted that bracelet as $250 ("the cheapest item in the chest"). He felt due to the attention it has received it maybe worth $750. Peanuts.

It is worth more in the chest and I stand by my statement that it is a hint.
http://www.chasechat.com/showthread.php?...tain+clues
"The cheapest item in the trove is also the most important item in the chest to him, the silver turquoise bracelet. He said it was only worth a few hundred dollars but the twenty -two turquoise beads were found by Richard Wetherill in Mesa Verde in Colorado. He had the beads made into a silver bracelet which he won in a pool game from a member of the the Harvey family. Thus this could mean one or more of the following is significant to identifying the location of the treasure: Colorado, Harvey, silver, turquoise, gambling or the number twenty-two. Note in Fenn’s book Forrest spelled Wetherill as “Weatherell” indicating this aberration could have a link to “weather” or Richard as in the poem’s direction - “hint of riches new and old.” There are 22 beads in the bracelet, which may indicate the number 22 is important to the solution."
02-27-2016, 11:28 AM,
A game of pool would be fun to do with Forrest,,,
02-27-2016, 11:35 AM,
What are the implications of not returning the bracelet to Forrest?

Is the finder's reputation tarnished?

Does Forrest remove him/her from his 90th birthday invite list?

Or does the finder even care, what with the extra $50,000 received by selling the chest intact?

(mmmm! I smell warm blueberries.)

(02-27-2016, 11:20 AM)23kachinas Wrote: I think Forrest wants to wear the bracelet in public again which would cause a silent stir. Imagine him being on the cover of Time with the bracelet!!
I would think the finder of the chest would be the one on the cover instead of Forrest. Maybe not Time, but certainly American Digger, or Treasure Hunting Magazine. Or Mad, or Cracked, something appropriate for delusional pond scum.
02-27-2016, 12:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-27-2016, 12:17 PM by Woody Bogg.)
(02-27-2016, 11:35 AM)Larsonist Wrote: What are the implications of not returning the bracelet to Forrest?

Is the finder's reputation tarnished?

Does Forrest remove him/her from his 90th birthday invite list?

Or does the finder even care, what with the extra $50,000 received by selling the chest intact?

(mmmm! I smell warm blueberries.)

(02-27-2016, 11:20 AM)23kachinas Wrote: I think Forrest wants to wear the bracelet in public again which would cause a silent stir. Imagine him being on the cover of Time with the bracelet!!
I would think the finder of the chest would be the one on the cover instead of Forrest. Maybe not Time, but certainly American Digger, or Treasure Hunting Magazine. Or Mad, or Cracked, something appropriate for delusional pond scum.
You can have your blue berries. I prefer huckleberries myself. I haven't seen any huckleberry poptarts on the shelf.
02-27-2016, 12:16 PM,
(02-27-2016, 11:23 AM)The Wolf Wrote:
(02-27-2016, 11:15 AM)Larsonist Wrote:

Don't laugh. These are important matters that Confident searchers should consider. All others may return to Saturday morning cartoons and Lucky Charms.
I value of a chest is greatly more valuable if all original. Even swapping out a gold coin would taint the find. FF quoted that bracelet as $250 ("the cheapest item in the chest"). He felt due to the attention it has received it maybe worth $750. Peanuts.

It is worth more in the chest and I stand by my statement that it is a hint.
http://www.chasechat.com/showthread.php?...tain+clues
"The cheapest item in the trove is also the most important item in the chest to him, the silver turquoise bracelet. He said it was only worth a few hundred dollars but the twenty -two turquoise beads were found by Richard Wetherill in Mesa Verde in Colorado. He had the beads made into a silver bracelet which he won in a pool game from a member of the the Harvey family. Thus this could mean one or more of the following is significant to identifying the location of the treasure: Colorado, Harvey, silver, turquoise, gambling or the number twenty-two. Note in Fenn’s book Forrest spelled Wetherill as “Weatherell” indicating this aberration could have a link to “weather” or Richard as in the poem’s direction - “hint of riches new and old.” There are 22 beads in the bracelet, which may indicate the number 22 is important to the solution."

When I find the chest I plan on having quite a few replicas made. Some with gold gold of equal weight of that in the chest. Others would have fake gold coins and would be much cheaper. You can get this stuff made in Asia pretty cheaply.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how much for the bracelet? doodlebug 44 2,127 06-15-2018, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  Bracelet - clue/hint? 34 8,486 02-11-2018, 07:40 PM
Last Post: Daniel A
  does mr fenn want his bracelet back? jamesbrohamalambage 29 2,290 12-23-2017, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Shadetree
  The Bracelet tarryscant2017 15 2,841 07-22-2017, 08:41 PM
Last Post: tarryscant2017
  Dragon Coat Bracelet DaisyMae 11 4,880 08-19-2016, 12:50 AM
Last Post: deb
  Hi Ho Silver turquoise bracelet. true north 0 1,207 02-26-2016, 05:57 PM
Last Post: true north