Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introducing Myself
02-29-2016, 11:10 PM,
Introducing Myself
Hello everyone,

I was introduced to the hunt over the Christmas break. Like many of you, I heard the poem and immediately thought of a few "decent" solutions. I went online for "just one night" and found the communities that sprung up around sharing ideas. What I found amazed me. It wasn't the hunt, but the people that I found the most intriguing.

The whole spectrum of humanity seems to be on display. You have your people who support others. You have people who tear others down. There are people who claim to know exactly where it is and people who have been working for years and are honest about not knowing where it is. I love the parade of personalities.

Anyways, I ended up sticking around longer than I expected and found some interesting things. I feel (like so many others) that I have a few finger holds on the poem. I'm keenly interested in finding supportive, insightful people to team up with. I don't particularly care about the money (see the short bio), but finding the treasure through careful sleuthing is immensely appealing. If you find my posts intriguing and want to discuss further, you can message me and I'm happy to discuss just about anything.

Short bio:
Mid-30's, did a BS and MS in aerospace engineering about ten years ago. Had a successful career designing and building many space systems you've heard of including hardware on the recent Pluto mission, the Kepler planet finding system, and the upcoming JWST mission. Ironically for this group, I did major work for the WorldView satellites, which is where our Google earth satellite views come from. Anyways, I left the money to go back to school for a PhD in aerospace engineering for my own personal reasons because money isn't everything.

I also enjoy volunteering, particularly for cancer causes. If I had to do it all over again, I would consider becoming a pediatric cancer researcher. A few years ago I rode my bicycle from Texas to Alaska raising money for cancer. We met and stayed with cancer patients. They got up at 4 AM to make us quiche. Few people understand service like people who have lived on the brink of losing it all. I can only hope to emulate their examples.

Good luck to everyone.
02-29-2016, 11:59 PM,
RE: Introducing Myself
Hey Chmaanta,
Glad you are here.
Cool bio.
What state are you searching in?
Ω 200 ft. Club Ω
03-01-2016, 12:05 AM,
Hi decall,

Thank you on both accounts.

I am state agnostic. I try to follow the clues and have found solid sub-solutions in many places around the country. My current thought is that Mr. Fenn intentionally put important locations and clues outside of the four states and it's up to us to link them all together for the final solution.
03-01-2016, 08:24 AM,
u sound a lot like Howard Wolawitz. Only has a masters, and designed the toilet for the space station.
Good luck-

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing myself Rodeo 2 593 01-25-2016, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Rodeo