Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scrapbook 152
03-20-2016, 12:07 PM,
Scrapbook 152
http://dalneitzel.com/2016/03/18/scrapbo...fifty-two/
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
03-20-2016, 12:52 PM,
RE: Scrapbook 152
(03-20-2016, 12:25 PM)Bone digger Wrote: Three weeks ago
I sent f. A letter asking him for his phone number
Also told him I would love to meet him before I left for my search, but I don't have enough time to travel.
Also pin pointed were I think the treasure is.
With out illistrating why I found that spot.
Can't help to wonder if this scrap book is directed to me?

What, you missed the dedication ceremony?
Forrest was very emotional.
'This is for my dear friend bonedigger, who used to be delusional, but is now merely dazed and confused.'
Kind of sweet, don't you think?
Forrest laughed so hard we had to give him oxygen.
03-20-2016, 12:53 PM,
MARCH 2016

I received this story from an old friend. We flew the happy fighter skies together in the 1960s when he was a major and I was a 1/Lt. His call sign was Black Bart and I was Comanche. He is a man of fiber and substance who retired with three stars on his collar. He didn’t write the story, but his comment to me was about living when times were simpler and the rewards were greater. He taught me that imagination could nearly always be used to narrow the gap. f

————-

Life should be an illustrated search for hidden treasures, and not just a guided tour. f

---------------

imo - the message is about death and the short, unappreciated lives we live.
"Then, there was the time Petey, our pet canary, died. I called, “Information Please,” and told her the sad story. She listened, and then said things grown-ups say to soothe a child. But I was not consoled. I asked her, “Why is it that birds should sing so beautifully and bring joy to all families, only to end up as a heap of feathers on the bottom of a cage?”

She must have sensed my deep concern, for she said quietly, “Wayne, always remember that there are other worlds to sing in.”

Hopefully Forrest and Peggy are in good health. Praying for good vibes and wishes.
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
03-20-2016, 12:57 PM,
(03-20-2016, 12:53 PM)decall Wrote: MARCH 2016

I received this story from an old friend. We flew the happy fighter skies together in the 1960s when he was a major and I was a 1/Lt. His call sign was Black Bart and I was Comanche. He is a man of fiber and substance who retired with three stars on his collar. He didn’t write the story, but his comment to me was about living when times were simpler and the rewards were greater. He taught me that imagination could nearly always be used to narrow the gap. f

————-

Life should be an illustrated search for hidden treasures, and not just a guided tour. f

---------------

imo - the message is about death and the short, unappreciated lives we live.
"Then, there was the time Petey, our pet canary, died. I called, “Information Please,” and told her the sad story. She listened, and then said things grown-ups say to soothe a child. But I was not consoled. I asked her, “Why is it that birds should sing so beautifully and bring joy to all families, only to end up as a heap of feathers on the bottom of a cage?”

She must have sensed my deep concern, for she said quietly, “Wayne, always remember that there are other worlds to sing in.”

Hopefully Forrest and Peggy are in good health. Praying for good vibes and wishes.

There is a hint there. He is effectively saying there are gaps in the poem and you need to use your imagination to bridge them. Notice he did not mention using his books fill the gaps so its just your imagination

"Let me tell you something else. I've seen a lot of spinals solves, Dude, and this guy is a fake. A ****ing goldbricker." -Walter Sobchack
03-20-2016, 01:01 PM,
It pains me to admit this, but you're a day late and a dollar short on this one.

Much about this SB has been analyzed over on the dark side (Hod), including where this story originated on the web, and the name change from something to "Wayne" for some reason.
------------------------------------------------------------------
"The search is supposed to be fun. f"
03-20-2016, 01:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-20-2016, 01:10 PM by Project Why.)
I think this was one of my favorite scrapbooks. Smile And the use of things we are 'familiar' with, not only in the past, but as students of this chase, .....was thoughtful. It doesn't matter where it "originated" from as some suggest or what has been "analyzed" over at hoD. Forrest Fenn DID say some of it.

And although there weren't any pictures, for me, it was still a good example of an 'illustration', .....for we're we not able to picture it in our minds, our imaginations, and make it clear, make it real? The idea that was conveyed tells me to keep using our imaginations "to narrow the gap", but to also keep it simple. And that goes for things in 'life' and for "hidden treasures". But we can't be spectators. It can't be a "guided tour". Imagination can only get us so far. We have to 'pick up the phone' so to speak. We have to get out there and look for things. We have to search.

"He taught me that imagination could nearly always be used to narrow the gap." f

"Life should be an illustrated search for hidden treasures, and not just a guided tour." f

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
03-20-2016, 01:10 PM,
(03-20-2016, 01:01 PM)Milan Wrote: It pains me to admit this, but you're a day late and a dollar short on this one.

Much about this SB has been analyzed over on the dark side (Hod), including where this story originated on the web, and the name change from something to "Wayne" for some reason.

Yeah, I had to work till midnight last to fix my 100 gal fuel tank.... leaking like crazy. Good thing I am a welder. Cut off the top, cleaned, full welded inside, , replaced the intake tube, painted inside with high temp fuel resistant coating, and welded it back in.

so... yeah, I just noticed I am a day late

https://youtu.be/Gi1B_av4vMs
check out my state of the art welding rig
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
03-20-2016, 01:10 PM,
Black Bart and John Wayne...

http://www.67notout.com/2014/11/black-ba...eries.html
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
03-20-2016, 01:12 PM,
(03-20-2016, 01:09 PM)Project Why Wrote: I think this was one of my favorite scrapbooks. Smile And the use of things we are 'familiar' with, not only in the past, but as students of this chase, .....was thoughtful. It doesn't matter where it "originated" from as some suggest or what has been "analyzed" over at hoD. Forrest Fenn DID say some of it.

And although there weren't any pictures, for me, it was still a good example of an 'illustration', .....for we're we not able to picture it in our minds, our imaginations, and make it clear, make it real? The idea that was conveyed tells me to keep using our imaginations "to narrow the gap", but to also keep it simple. And that goes for things in 'life' and for "hidden treasures". But we can't be spectators. It can't be a "guided tour". Imagination can only get us so far. We have to 'pick up the phone' so to speak. We have to get out there and look for things. We have to search.

"He taught me that imagination could nearly always be used to narrow the gap." f

"Life should be an illustrated search for hidden treasures, and not just a guided tour." f

Exactly the poem is not a guided tour to the chest. It might take you most of the way but you need to use your imagination and some BOTG.

"Let me tell you something else. I've seen a lot of spinals solves, Dude, and this guy is a fake. A ****ing goldbricker." -Walter Sobchack
03-20-2016, 01:20 PM,
Fenn is probably just excited about the new Feb.2016 illustrated
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω