Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elmyr de Hory = Forrest Fenn's Idol (WTF)?!
03-26-2016, 11:03 PM,
Just needed to get that out of my system.

I'm Waiting on Ships that Never Come In ...
03-27-2016, 01:17 PM,
RE: Elmyr de Hory = Forrest Fenn's Idol (WTF)?!
Yep I found the title to be the most interesting part of that quoted lyrics. I always wondered if anyone else looked it up too.
Shhh they aren't listening.
10-10-2018, 03:12 PM,
Yoooo MM explain?!
10-10-2018, 05:19 PM,
(10-10-2018, 03:12 PM)McFly Wrote: Yoooo MM explain?!

Read or listen to the lyrics of the song to tie to TTOTC. Then tie the title of the song to who Elmyr de Hory was.
10-10-2018, 10:22 PM,
I don’t get the whole ships coming in thing?!
10-10-2018, 10:46 PM,
(10-10-2018, 10:22 PM)McFly Wrote: I don’t get the whole ships coming in thing?!

Just wait a little longer, @McFly.

Smile
Have you ever solved a $50,000 arm chair treasure hunt, went to the exact spot it was at in Hot Springs, Arkansas to retrieve it, look at the exact rock it was under, and then decide to instead walk over it on two different occasions? Well, I have.
10-11-2018, 09:51 PM,
very interesting, thanks MM
10-12-2018, 11:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-12-2018, 11:25 AM by McFly.)
!!!4 MM! Thahappiness is the pot thing?! This has absolutely nothing to do with Elymr though ... the joker in fenns is about stud poker ... but since you won’t explain, I’ll wait as well lol
10-12-2018, 11:52 AM,
(10-12-2018, 11:19 AM)McFly Wrote: !!!4 MM! Thahappiness is the pot thing?! This has absolutely nothing to do with Elymr though ... the joker in fenns is about stud poker ... but since you won’t explain, I’ll wait as well lol

I'm guessing that a person waiting for a ship that never comes in is the victim of a hoax, similar to a customer of de Hory.
10-12-2018, 02:25 PM,
(10-12-2018, 11:52 AM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(10-12-2018, 11:19 AM)McFly Wrote: !!!4 MM! Thahappiness is the pot thing?! This has absolutely nothing to do with Elymr though ... the joker in fenns is about stud poker ... but since you won’t explain, I’ll wait as well lol

I'm guessing that a person waiting for a ship that never comes in is the victim of a hoax, similar to a customer of de Hory.

It's one of the most troubling things about TTOTC in my opinion. De Hory's story is pretty well known, but digging deeper leads to Clifford Irving, who wrote a biography of de Hory, and was convicted of writing a fake biography of Howard Hughes. Later, Irving worked with Olson Welles on his documentary F Is For Fake. There's so much fake and misleading stuff in TTOTC that it could be considered a fake memoir, and that's why I was calling it a verisimilitude, or biographical fiction.

razyfamily