Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elmyr de Hory = Forrest Fenn's Idol (WTF)?!
10-12-2018, 09:54 PM,
RE: Elmyr de Hory = Forrest Fenn's Idol (WTF)?!
LOL. I know what needs to be known minus one thing... where can I acquire one of elmyrs forgeries? Not any forgery, but ONE SOLD FROM FENNS GALLERY!?

Forgeries fool a lot of people, but I’m no fool... so what’s the deal? Where can I find one?!
10-13-2018, 01:31 AM,
RE: Elmyr de Hory = Forrest Fenn's Idol (WTF)?!
(10-12-2018, 02:25 PM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(10-12-2018, 11:52 AM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(10-12-2018, 11:19 AM)McFly Wrote: !!!4 MM! Thahappiness is the pot thing?! This has absolutely nothing to do with Elymr though ... the joker in fenns is about stud poker ... but since you won’t explain, I’ll wait as well lol

I'm guessing that a person waiting for a ship that never comes in is the victim of a hoax, similar to a customer of de Hory.

It's one of the most troubling things about TTOTC in my opinion. De Hory's story is pretty well known, but digging deeper leads to Clifford Irving, who wrote a biography of de Hory, and was convicted of writing a fake biography of Howard Hughes. Later, Irving worked with Olson Welles on his documentary F Is For Fake. There's so much fake and misleading stuff in TTOTC that it could be considered a fake memoir, and that's why I was calling it a verisimilitude, or biographical fiction.

razyfamily

A memoir doesn't have to be factual. That's what separates it from an autobiography. TTOTC weaves F's memories into a broader theme of the treasure hunt that will define the next chapter of his life (following the book I mean). I don't think there's anything untoward in the way the stories have been shaped to fit The Chase.

We don't pay for tickets to a movie only to walk out of the theater and trouble ourselves over the actors' deception.