Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Drawings and Real Life
04-02-2016, 07:59 PM,
RE: The Drawings and Real Life
(04-02-2016, 07:48 PM)Itch my cache Wrote:
(04-02-2016, 07:40 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: i dunno. too much stuff goin on in my head right now

i will tell you this

stanza 6 gives you a mechanism by which to measure the value of the ninth clue

i was just sialing along, and then i realized i had gone too far to reach my treasures and my trove

no?

this lady had a husband. she was an important person. so was her husband. she found out this other lady was sleeping with her husband. she also found out this other lady likes to wear blueberry jeans. she didnt like this lady. can you blame her. anyways the lady was already married to her husband at this point. the clue is there somewhere.
04-02-2016, 08:05 PM,
(04-02-2016, 07:59 PM)Chris Yates Wrote:
(04-02-2016, 07:48 PM)Itch my cache Wrote:
(04-02-2016, 07:40 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: i dunno. too much stuff goin on in my head right now

i will tell you this

stanza 6 gives you a mechanism by which to measure the value of the ninth clue

i was just sialing along, and then i realized i had gone too far to reach my treasures and my trove

no?

this lady had a husband. she was an important person. so was her husband. she found out this other lady was sleeping with her husband. she also found out this other lady likes to wear blueberry jeans. she didnt like this lady. can you blame her. anyways the lady was already married to her husband at this point. the clue is there somewhere.
Mormons? Lol
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
04-02-2016, 10:55 PM,
(04-02-2016, 07:47 PM)Mindy Wrote: Consider this excerpt from Journal of a Trapper:

"We left the MADISON FORK with Mr Bridger's Camp and ascended a small branch in a WEST direction through the mountains about 20 Mls. and encamped on THE DIVIDE After we had encamped a FRENCHMAN started down the mountain to set his traps for beaver contrary to the advice and persuasion of his companions he had gone but a few miles when he was FIRED UPON by a party of BLACKFEET, KILLED and scalped. TRAVELED DOWN THE MOUNTAIN about 16 Mls NW. and encamped on a stream called "STINKING CREEK" which runs into the JEFFERSON FORK fork of the Missouri. After we had encamped some trappers ascended the stream but were driven back by the Blackfeet Others went below and shared the same fate from another party but escaped to the camp unhurt 15 Moved down this stream about 12 Mls Nth. This part of the country is comprised of high bald hills on either side of the stream which terminate in rough pine covered mountains. 16 Travelled down the stream NW about 8 Mls The Valley opened wider as we descended and large numbers of Buffaloe were scattered over the plains and among the hills 17th Down abt. 10 Mls NW. the mountain on the West descends to a sloping spur from thence to a plain 18 We did not raise camp and about noon some Flathead Indians arrived and told us their village was on a branch of the Jefferson called Beaver Head Creek about 30 mls in a west direction..."

So, here we have another Frenchman killed in a war. Stinking Creek is now known as Ruby River. So, when Forrest found followed Osbourne Russel's path as he looked for Lewis and Clark, did he and Donnie find where this Frenchman had died? Was he taken back to this memory when he found the Frenchman's grave in Vietnam? Are these some of the lines that converge together in his mind? Past and present?

Just before they arrived at the Madison Fork, Orbourne noticed this:

"The stream after running thro. the center in a NW direction rushed down a tremendous canyon of basaltic rock apparently just wide enough to admit its waters."

Sound familiar? Maybe because Forrest found the same canyon, and described it the same way, confirming he was hot on Osbourne Russell's heels....

Which could make Stinking Creek, which flows North, a play on the idiom, up poops creek without a paddle.
Are you back to looking in MT?
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
04-02-2016, 11:06 PM,
Where's that stone that holds water that Osborne wrote about? I think it was somewhere near Madison junction
04-03-2016, 11:49 AM,
Here's some more I just found...could be a HUGE breakthrough for somebody, but I don't care. Remember the canyon that gets so narrow only water can pass through it that both Forrest and Osbourne Russell describe? Well, after a little research, that valley with the stream running through it and the canyons growing so steep only water can get through is the LAMAR. Lamar in Arabic, means "liquid gold," and in French, "the pond." The Lamar meets the Yellowstone near Tower Falls. So, could where warm water halts mean where one type of gold water (the Lamar), stops just long enough to "marry" another golden river "the yellowstone?" Just long enough to change names...

From the internet:

"Osborne Russell in his 1921 Journal of a Trapper described the LAMAR as follows:

Chapter-VI-In the Yellowstone Country-A Garden of Eden Inhabited By a Small Party of Snake Indians - On the 28th [July 1834] we crossed the mountain in a westerly direction through the thick pines and fallen timber, about twelve miles, and encamped in a small prairie about a mile in circumference. Through this valley ran a small stream in a northerly direction, which all agreed in believing to be a branch of the Yellowstone. 29th-We descended the stream about fifteen miles through the dense forest and at length came to a beautiful valley about eight miles long and three or four wide, surrounded by dark and lofty mountains. The stream, after running through the center in a northwesterly direction, rushed down a tremendous canyon of basaltic rock apparently JUST WIDE ENOUGH TO ADMIT ITS WATERS. The banks of the stream in the valley were low and skirted in many places with beautiful cottonwood groves. Here we found a few Snake Indians comprising six men, seven women and eight or ten children, who were the only inhabitants of the lonely and secluded spot.

— Osborne Russell, Journal of a Trapper,1921[4]"
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
04-03-2016, 12:53 PM,
Ooh Mindy. Good one!

Did you guys notice the new bad guy light sabres look like a cross? It's inverted in many pictures. Eek!
04-04-2016, 02:55 AM,
I always thought it was a different big picture he was talking about ? ?
Shhh they aren't listening.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fenn's Quoted Poems and ttotc drawings geminicesdesigns 15 2,401 06-25-2018, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Sakar
  IT = Life ? Tony 15 4,707 02-20-2016, 12:22 PM
Last Post: wishiIwasRich