Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
The "Intentional Unintended" Clue
10-04-2013, 12:21 PM,
RP,

Curiosity is the reason to find out anything, it's natural to want to know. Don't get me wrong, as to say I'm not curious. but to me, I look at it as if No one knew about all the extra info after the release of the poem. Curious? yes. does it matter? not to me, just the poem and research is all I'm going with.
10-04-2013, 12:26 PM,
I AGREE
10-04-2013, 12:34 PM,
Perhaps Forrest received an e-mail from one of the searchers on September 23rd or 24th, both thanking him for the autograph and pointing out something they had found? I sent him an e-mail on the 24th, did anyone else? Just saying....
10-04-2013, 12:53 PM,
I surprisingly think I agree with most everything you've said. I think calling him a manipulator is pretty spot on. It's only bothered me when people have said con man, because I don't believe that and I believe there's a big difference. I think he has a natural talent of manipulating situations the way he wants to and I think your thoughts are pretty spot on. I find it hard to believe the book was printed without him knowing this "unintentional clue" was in there...unless as Postmaster has said...it was found later.

I agree about Shiloh. He seems to be so much like Forrest.
10-04-2013, 01:55 PM,
Alternative explanation: I remember watching the video where they are gathered around the table looking at the computer monitor with the pages of the too far to walk book, and there is a man there along with the book designer. I can't remember who they said he is. A producer, maybe? What exactly is his role? I never knew until the book came out that Mr. Fenn had a partner in the one horse company. I'm just suggesting that even though we have lots of information, we don't have all the information. I keep thinking of the CIA and agents having handlers. If that is even true, all I know about that is from the movies. I don't think it was so much about the unintended clue as it is Mr. Fenn has co-conspirators as it were.
10-04-2013, 02:10 PM,
Does it really matter? Lets just say ( and I agree with you Ricky) this is nothing more that a sale's pitch. Why not? He is a self proclaim salesman, we all know this, no real surprise there.

But like RP said, maybe he found out after the fact by someone pointing it out. Does it really matter? Besides learning a lot of history I did not know or know much of, and enjoyed the matching of wits to solve this poem. I learned more about the author and his cleverness, wit, understanding of people the way they can be manipulated, ( in a sale aspect) he could sell ice to an Eskimo type of personality. We know this.

Still the enjoyment of trying to out wit him is more fun for me then ever. No one can say he is not knowledgeable in many field, I'd say much more than the average person.

Unintentional... I would doubt that, maybe. intentional... does it really matter? Fact is, does he even need to do anything more than the poem for use to try and solve, No. I know that last statement will not sit well with some... but there it is.
10-04-2013, 02:59 PM,
Forrest has said no one else knows where the treasure is. So I don't think he has any co-conspirators.

The person there was Dan Bodelson. He was the artist. Here's his web site....www.danbodelson.com

He owns the publishing company with his friend Charmay. There's a chapter about her in his book. I don't get the impression she was involved in his book at all other than she hosted one of his book signing events. I believe Charmay is someone who does a lot of fundraising for organizations.
10-04-2013, 03:59 PM,
I do wish I had Mr. Fenn's command of language. I thought co-conspirator might be judged harshly. I'll will rephrase to say people with same mindset. At 00.59 on the video I am thinking of it says Lou Bruno, producer. Now that may mean video producer but I thought Dal did the video producing. The video is on Dal's blog under Fishing Allowed, Too Far To Walk. No, I don't think anyone but Mr. Fenn knows the location. We are agreed on that point. I speak only for myself but I could see how someone would think an aspect of the motive has not been spoken aloud. He has mentioned he hopes the person who finds the treasure is worthy which implies something more than just here you go, here's a bunch of gold, no strings attached.
10-04-2013, 05:31 PM,
10-04-2013, 05:37 PM,
Seeker, I do agree that it shouldn't matter, but my problem is that it does matter to me as I did write to Mr. Fenn and tell him about an error (no question about it) in addition to thanking him for my autograph and wishing him well with this book and the next. I did not expect to hear from him, as I believe he has been very busy with his gatherings and book signings.

I was however very surprised to find out he had made that statement about an unintentional clue the very next day.

I am comfortable with what I found and it fits well with my solution, but I hope you could understand my curiosity about the timing of it all. I am fine just dropping the whole matter, but if it does come out later that he was made aware of the "error" by an e'mail...... For now, perhaps it is time to step back for awhile and quietly try to match wits with him.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Unintended Clue in TFTW is Not on/in The Map... tyounis 44 3,013 11-12-2013, 04:10 PM
Last Post: James Perotti