Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
The "Intentional Unintended" Clue
10-04-2013, 05:55 PM,
RP,

Curiosity is the reason to find out anything, it's natural to want to know. Don't get me wrong, as to say I'm not curious. but to me, I look at it as if No one knew about all the extra info after the release of the poem. Curious? yes. does it matter? not to me, just the poem and research is all I'm going with.
10-05-2013, 06:38 AM,
YES FF SAID NO ONE ELSE KNEW WHERE IT IS BUT HE NEVER SAID NO TWO OTHER PEOPLE KNEW.SO WHO REALLY KNOWS .WE JUST KNOW WHAT HE TELLS US
10-05-2013, 06:40 AM,
That's some riddle thinking pidmt.
10-05-2013, 06:17 PM,
Indeed
10-06-2013, 07:35 AM,
Mr. Fenn tells us that he thought of everything when he was designing the chase. After 4 years it is now quite obvious that he did not think of everything. Multitasking has it's limits, no one can cover all the bases. I think it's entirely possible that Mr. Fenn included some information in the book, that could have been an unintended clue, so what? 22,000 responders later, and still no one has found the chest. Mr. Fenns idea of what a clue is, is quite different than the thoughts of 22,000 other people.
10-06-2013, 07:46 AM,
I had even looked at every word for the type of speech it was(adjective, preposition). If you read TOTC he talks about adjectives and in one of the video interviews he talks about prepositions. When he said there were clues in TOTC that he didn't intentionally put there....I was looking into that idea. I wasn't sure what to do with it though. I thought maybe there were 9 adjectives in the poem for example.

10-06-2013, 11:35 AM,
@admin...and for profit! Mr. Fenn has spent his life convincing moneyed people to part with their wealth and that they are making a good investment buying the artwork he dealt in, even the fakes by Elmyr De Hory!

@Ret-Pm...I'm wondering if the error you refer to is the same one I found? It is blantantly obvious and knowing Mr. Fenn's past, one he should not have made, unless it was a slip of tongue while thinking something else.

@pidmt...This error would be of interest to you I think!!
10-06-2013, 02:50 PM,

I've heard a couple people talking about an error...someone email me and tell me where it is lol.....

10-06-2013, 11:37 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from admin on October 6, 2013, 3:50 pm</b>

I've heard a couple people talking about an error...someone email me and tell me where it is lol.....

</div>

I found two or three errors in the book on my first (and only) read (so far), but I don't believe they're necessarily the "unintended clue."

I don't have the book with me at the moment, and the only error I remember was where he referred to the cactus-rocket as X.YZmm (millimeters) and it should have been cm (centimeters).
10-07-2013, 03:16 PM,
You only have to be right 85% of the time!

I only just got the book and I already noticed what might be a clue. I wonder if someone pointed it out to him or Forrest noticed on his own once he got hold of the first printing. Perhaps he will "fix" it in the second issue and now we all will have to buy a copy of that also so we can compare the minute differences.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Unintended Clue in TFTW is Not on/in The Map... tyounis 44 3,304 11-12-2013, 04:10 PM
Last Post: James Perotti