Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
The "Intentional Unintended" Clue
10-06-2013, 11:35 AM,
@admin...and for profit! Mr. Fenn has spent his life convincing moneyed people to part with their wealth and that they are making a good investment buying the artwork he dealt in, even the fakes by Elmyr De Hory!

@Ret-Pm...I'm wondering if the error you refer to is the same one I found? It is blantantly obvious and knowing Mr. Fenn's past, one he should not have made, unless it was a slip of tongue while thinking something else.

@pidmt...This error would be of interest to you I think!!
10-06-2013, 11:37 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from admin on October 6, 2013, 3:50 pm</b>

I've heard a couple people talking about an error...someone email me and tell me where it is lol.....

</div>

I found two or three errors in the book on my first (and only) read (so far), but I don't believe they're necessarily the "unintended clue."

I don't have the book with me at the moment, and the only error I remember was where he referred to the cactus-rocket as X.YZmm (millimeters) and it should have been cm (centimeters).
10-07-2013, 03:16 PM,
You only have to be right 85% of the time!

I only just got the book and I already noticed what might be a clue. I wonder if someone pointed it out to him or Forrest noticed on his own once he got hold of the first printing. Perhaps he will "fix" it in the second issue and now we all will have to buy a copy of that also so we can compare the minute differences.
11-02-2013, 08:23 PM,
As with every other clue he has given, I believe I found the clue. I believe it has a double meaning again, one of the meanings is it was an unintentional clue, the other....well go ahead figure it out and I won't tell you it is on page......sorry lost my train of thought.
11-02-2013, 08:37 PM,
Hey DNA...No need for the page number, just give the page numbers before and after and I'll see if I can't figure it out! Smile Smile
11-02-2013, 09:02 PM,
alright samsmith here goes it is after pa and bef page . Sorry just havin fun!!! I am just another treasure hunter who claims they know the answers but I don't have the elusive chest. It has been moved 23 times.
11-02-2013, 10:32 PM,
Yeah...I hear ya...No-one mentioned that Mr. Fenn was such a good prestidigitator...He just can't leave it alone long enough!

EDIT: I think he has to count and re-count regularly to make sure he didn't put too much in the box! Smile
11-06-2013, 03:32 PM,
Question... on the inside cover of TFTW there are sketches. At the bottom (below the duck and the buffalo) there is a sketch of something but even with a magnifying glass, I cant figure out what that is. Does anyone know?

Thanks,

Tracey
11-06-2013, 05:09 PM,
yes...and thank you!
12-04-2013, 12:43 AM,
I thought, when I first heard of the clue of TFTW, it was stated it was in the Preface! Don't remember where that was, but in another book store interview, Forest read the Preface and the Intro before that and I didn't pick up on anything. Does's someone know if that (preface) is true? Ron P. I'm going to sign like this any more, cause I was reading along and saw "RP said," I asked my self I did? Oh, it was the Retired-Postmaster. So not to confuses myself any more, I'll only use Ron P. LOL