Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Forrest Know if it is Found?
10-15-2014, 09:53 AM,
The way I see it, there's only one logical way Forrest can tell if it's still there or that it's been found. ONLY ONE. He can see it from the road while driving past. I have taken note, when he has been out on trips to do book signings he always makes a statement, with confidence, that it hasn't been found. And when he hasn't made so many trips he's made comments like "I believe its there", etc.

If this is true I would say "The High Road to Taos"
10-15-2014, 01:59 PM,
In my industry, we have pilots fly rights-of-ways for miles and they have the ability to submit imagery for further desktop analysis. With his connections and knowledge, It's not inconceivable that such routine footage could be accessed by him without raising any suspicion. Remember, he said you couldn't see it from GE. There was no mention if aerial photography which is available from many sources for pretty cheap. Just sayin'.
------------------------------
"Abandon all hope, all ye who enter here."
10-15-2014, 03:25 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from PL289 on October 15, 2014, 2:59 pm</b>

In my industry, we have pilots fly rights-of-ways for miles and they have the ability to submit imagery for further desktop analysis. With his connections and knowledge, It's not inconceivable that such routine footage could be accessed by him without raising any suspicion. Remember, he said you couldn't see it from GE. There was no mention if aerial photography which is available from many sources for pretty cheap. Just sayin'.
</div>

Not to sound mean, but listen to what your saying. Last time I checked Forrest Fenn wasn't James Bond or covert agent. Remember the natural laws: the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. How can Forrest know?

The simple solutions:

1) The treasure is fake and it would be obvious nobody found anything

2) He's assuming nobody can keep it quiet and is going off of that

3) He can see it driving by.

He once said he thought of everything. I believe one of those "things" would be, how to tell if the chest has been found without anyone noticing him walking up to it.

Or maybe. Just maybe. Forrest put a old WWII mine underneath the chest. Once you pick it up. He'll know.
10-15-2014, 06:03 PM,
LOL on the mine. I actually thought once that the way he would know is that something would be moved so that it would be mentioned to him. That's actually similar(but not exactly lol)...like the mine idea.

I VERY much like the idea of the drive by. I have considered it not being out there to find, which would make huge sense as to how he knows it hasn't been found...because it can't be if it never really was put out there. He's made this poem fit so many solves.
10-15-2014, 06:18 PM,
For some reason, and i could be wrong, i thought he said he hadn't been back to it.
10-15-2014, 07:11 PM,
I love how you say "not to sound mean". What you said wasn't mean, until it became condescending in the second half of your first sentence. I understand if you don't agree; no worries there. It's not mean to say you're the smartest person I've met. It is mean to say you're the smartest person I've met in the last 30 minutes. Both are positive statements, but the second is condescension which makes it mean by default.

"But listen to what your (sic) saying," fits into the latter.

Many people outside the oil and gas (or similar) industry are not aware of the relative ease with which aerial imagery can be obtained. A retired pilot would definitely know this, since many of them supplement retirement income flying thousands of miles a month looking down at and taking pictures of grassy fields for hundreds of companies. Again, it's conceivable, and not just for James Bond.

Shaken, not stirred.
10-15-2014, 08:34 PM,
I wish all the searchers could stop comparing their junk and fussing over who has the biggest junk. Sorry, it does get old.
Shhh they aren't listening.
10-15-2014, 09:06 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from deb on October 15, 2014, 9:34 pm</b>

I wish all the searchers could stop comparing their junk and fussing over who has the biggest junk. Sorry, it does get old.
</div>
LOL I agree Deb, here is what they sound like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__tzPkZywdE
10-15-2014, 09:12 PM,
Boomer what if he hasn't been back to it, but can drive by and see if it's been goofed with? I think driving by and being to it are two different things. Like if he fished below the rio grande bridge for example...he could go above the bridge and look down and he's not there, but still can see it....or driving through Cimarron I actually thought this...I thought he could drive through that canyon and see if it was moved. That was back when I though Jessie the dead guy had something to do with it. Forrest told me it's a 4th degree felony if I messed with his grave lol...so I was pretty sure it wasn't under his headstone. Although you never know LOL
10-16-2014, 04:32 AM,
Nice thought Jason. That would be something to see if it were. Truly a million dollar view.