Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Forrest Know if it is Found?
10-16-2014, 06:17 AM,
"I thought of everything"

The simplest answer is usually the correct one.

f has placed something in the chest that must be claimed.

It must be something of great value.

You don't have to claim it. You could forfeit it, at great loss.

IMO
10-16-2014, 06:22 AM,
I agree w/ emmett. With the addition that it'd be claimed thru a trustee, probably a law firm to ensure confidentiality, so it'd be available after Fenn's gone.
10-16-2014, 01:26 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from PL289 on October 15, 2014, 8:11 pm</b>

I love how you say "not to sound mean". What you said wasn't mean, until it became condescending in the second half of your first sentence. I understand if you don't agree; no worries there. It's not mean to say you're the smartest person I've met. It is mean to say you're the smartest person I've met in the last 30 minutes. Both are positive statements, but the second is condescension which makes it mean by default.

"But listen to what your (sic) saying," fits into the latter.

Many people outside the oil and gas (or similar) industry are not aware of the relative ease with which aerial imagery can be obtained. A retired pilot would definitely know this, since many of them supplement retirement income flying thousands of miles a month looking down at and taking pictures of grassy fields for hundreds of companies. Again, it's conceivable, and not just for James Bond.

Shaken, not stirred.
</div>

Too each his own. I have no control over peoples perceptions or emotions. I can say the sky is orange and some one could get offended. In America probably sued. When I say not to be mean I mean just that. Whether or not you actually take it in a mean way is on you and the differences of personalities.
10-17-2014, 11:44 AM,

<b>Quote from Liv on October 17, 2014, 12:08 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from djjmciv on October 15, 2014, 4:25 pm</b>

Or maybe. Just maybe. Forrest put a old WWII mine underneath the chest. Once you pick it up. He'll know.
</div>

...Just take the chest and go in pieces.</div>
</div>

and that is why you don't tarry scant, pick up the chest and run like hades before the grenade goes off.
10-17-2014, 12:41 PM,

<b>Quote from emmett on October 16, 2014, 7:17 am</b>

"I thought of everything"

The simplest answer is usually the correct one.

f has placed something in the chest that must be claimed.

It must be something of great value.

You don't have to claim it. You could forfeit it, at great loss.

IMO
</div>

@Emmett - I sense something along the same line - I believe Forrest took his time over a long period to pick some of his own personal treasures and to purchase others as he came across them to put in his Indulgence treasure chest.

It is just my gut feeling that something of great and unusual value surfaced for him to purchase, trade for, etc. I believe this item comes with a "title" to the gold. She or he may be "floored" when they see it or understand what it is. Nothing wrong with dreaming!