Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The map
10-07-2013, 12:20 PM,
The map
[Image: Fenn_Treasure_Map.png]
10-07-2013, 02:39 PM,
The map
Would be nice to know the map origin. Is that a custom map from Benchmark, or based on a public domain / gov't released map image?
10-07-2013, 02:55 PM,
The map
If the clue was any closer... it would give one two black eyes
10-07-2013, 04:46 PM,
The map
The Bighorn Canyon map isn't very accurate. The reservoir formed is quite large in both WY and MT. I really don't know of anyone who has been there. I'm sure the folks from Powell would go to Cody...Buffalo Bill Res. is really nice and...large. There are reservoirs all over this state. Regardless of where you are, you're not more than 30-45 minutes from one.I find what was omitted from the WY map very strange.
10-09-2013, 09:19 AM,
The map
I think it is the oddest thing that he a) put the declination lines on the map (what is that about) AND b) that he covered the whole page over top of the poem with these lines. I can't figure out why he would have done this.
10-09-2013, 10:27 AM,
The map
Maybe because they are very important? Or maybe they are a <i>red</i> herring? Mr. Fenn is at least consistent. He likes to keep people guessing.
10-09-2013, 10:57 AM,
The map
Can anyone make out the rest of the words in the weird font? I see bighorns, Wyoming, Tetons, Great Divide....what are the rest of them? I do not have the book. Thanks.
10-09-2013, 11:58 AM,
The map
Maybe he put the declination lines on the map so he could later, if necessary, give us a defining clue like, "the chest is somewhere between declination lines 9 degrees and 10 degrees."

"The word that is key is directly related to it."
10-17-2013, 01:59 PM,
The map
The declination lines could be a clue. These declination lines are based on magnetic north, which typically means a compass is involved, which implies degrees are used.
10-17-2013, 03:34 PM,
The map
One of the odd places named is Creston, just west of Rawlins on I-80. It's actually Creston Jct All it has is a gas station and store...and intersects with Rte 789. There's a very small town, Baggs, just north of the CO border. Those poor people have to go south to Craig or go north, then east to Rawlins to do any real shopping. The kicker is...Rawlins has about 10,000 people which is good sized for WY, but only one grocery store! There's not even a Walmart...unless they built one in the past 2 years.The Rawlins folk drive the 1 1/2 hrs to Casper. We have two Walmarts...Cheyenne only has one!Lol If anyone wants to know anything about Wyoming, I'm your girl!