Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The map
10-18-2013, 12:30 AM,
The map

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from dreamcatcher on October 9, 2013, 10:19 am</b>

I think it is the oddest thing that he a) put the declination lines on the map (what is that about) AND b) that he covered the whole page over top of the poem with these lines. I can't figure out why he would have done this.
</div>

Not the unintentional clue, maybe the intentional clue.......
10-18-2013, 06:34 AM,
The map
Are those the same lines for longitude and latitude? He suggests on his web site to bring a GPS. I do think that a map is important as he also has talked about a "key" to unlock the clues. Maps have "keys".
10-18-2013, 03:17 PM,
The map
imo....he appears to be making an emphasis on compass direction and the relevance to these in the actual solution. Upon other hints in tftw this one stood out the 2nd most, at least as it pertains to our solution.
10-18-2013, 03:23 PM,
The map
He uses the word precisely. To me....that's important....more than just a compass I think.
10-18-2013, 03:59 PM,
The map
I agree wholeheartedly Stephanie. Compass direction and angle of declination I believe are vital.......
10-18-2013, 04:39 PM,
The map
I keep forgetting to show that map to my husband, a surveyor. I will tonight and get back to you.Another oddity on the map was the fact that he left out Meeteetse...the hwy is there, but not the town.That's the quick way to Cody and the East Entrance which is the fastest way to West Yellowstone.
10-18-2013, 04:48 PM,
The map
Wow your husband's a surveyor...you might have a "key" of your own there. Interesting about Meeteetse....I think he mentions that town. I wish I knew as much as you about your state. I've heard people saying that they noticed mistakes on the map...I wonder if that was one they were talking about.
10-18-2013, 07:32 PM,
The map
if you look close at the line of the poem 'and leave my trove...' right there is the name of a state in the background

nuff said Smile

10-18-2013, 09:05 PM,
The map
The lines that cover the map remind me of a rainbow...covering all the states. 15 - 8 leaves 7...the number of colors in the rainbow. Fenn says find my rainbow. I think that's important.
10-18-2013, 09:26 PM,
The map
In one of the books Forrest mentions, the rainbow is described as the arch in the fly fishing pole. I think that's what it means.