Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The map
10-18-2013, 09:57 PM,
The map
You could be right. I don't know where Fenn's rainbow is, maybe it does have something to do with fishing. That's not an angle I've looked into yet, even though it would seem the most obvious.
10-19-2013, 06:57 AM,
The map
I've also said it could be a hint that it's in COLORado....but the only places in Colorado I've searched is the air force off 25 where Robin Olds is buried who he speaks of in his new book and they have the most beautiful church there full of the most incredible stain glass windows with gorgeous colors....they also have some neat planes on display here...and they have some fishing ponds here that were/are owned by the ICE company(worth the cold)I think they were used to cut ice for their ice business at one time......and I've used the Molly Brown House Museum as my HOB. Other than that...I've just driven from the Denver airport down to Taos and Cimarron down route 25.
10-19-2013, 09:21 AM,
The map
Well, the lines of declination help you determine true North from magnetic North. In the Rocky Mt area, true North will somewhat to your right (I think). My husband thinks that those lines are very "curious". But somewhere we'd have to have "bearings", but where? He also said that the degree for Casper isn't quite right. We have a couple of USGS maps...again the lines don't agree. USGS maps are far better than gazateer maps, butthere are better, more detailed maps out there, but to cover a large area, you would need a lot of maps! It would cost a mall fortune.
10-19-2013, 09:59 AM,
The map

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from ksteph on October 19, 2013, 10:21 am</b>

Well, the lines of declination help you determine true North from magnetic North. In the Rocky Mt area, true North will somewhat to your right (I think). My husband thinks that those lines are very "curious". But somewhere we'd have to have "bearings", but where? He also said that the degree for Casper isn't quite right. We have a couple of USGS maps...again the lines don't agree. USGS maps are far better than gazateer maps, butthere are better, more detailed maps out there, but to cover a large area, you would need a lot of maps! It would cost a mall fortune.
</div>
Makes you wonder what Forrest is hinting at,Eh ?

[Image: 09493-heading_indicator1.gif]

Come check out this thread before it is too late !

http://www.chasechat.com/chat/?minglefor...ostid-8850

You don't need a plane but the guys with planes may get there before you if you wait too long.
10-19-2013, 10:04 AM,
The map

</div>
BTW,There is a treasure map and I have a copy of it.
10-19-2013, 01:01 PM,
The map

</div>

My understanding the true north changes every year so is the maps your husband are using currant maps or did forrest pick a time line to be use as a key
10-19-2013, 01:49 PM,
The map
He did say that they change, but it possible to know the current declination using our friendly computer. The USGS maps we have were updated in 2000. If I want an out-of-state Quad I talk to Bruce at Mountain Sports...I'd rather keep my business at a local level whenever possible.

Off subject, the blizzard we had 3 weeks ago produced 800 tons of fallen trees and branches. A huge mess! I would not suggest that anyone searches Casper Mountain...it isn't safe up there. The day of the storm, Casper was officially closed...that never happened before. You could literally hear branches breaking.
10-19-2013, 01:58 PM,
The map
Would it be more helpful to find the time line of the maps declination and find all the stories in TTOTC and TFTW in that time line to be more helpful in our hunt
10-19-2013, 05:16 PM,
The map
the map is of no use...d
10-21-2013, 08:10 PM,
The map

<b>Quote from admin on October 18, 2013, 10:26 pm</b>

In one of the books Forrest mentions, the rainbow is described as the arch in the fly fishing pole. I think that's what it means.
</div>

Yes, the fishing pole in the hands of an alchemist. Guess what the bait is? You ( well maybe not you specifically, since you seem to be his fishing partner) is what he is fishing for!