Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do you think we cant fully crack Mr.Fenns poem
10-07-2013, 04:41 PM,
It's not that we can't...we just haven't! Wish there was a 'round tuit' in the chest, cause I might get around to it someday.
10-07-2013, 05:21 PM,
I will email you tomorrow about your ovaltine question, you will see a different light after that.the blaze is whats holding me back
10-07-2013, 05:27 PM,
i think the key may be the last blank page in the book, lemons, a q-tip, and a hair dryer

ill let you know what happens
10-07-2013, 05:59 PM,
I think we are reading deep into what he says and maybe look at the simple version of what he says to find the end.

10-07-2013, 06:48 PM,
Giggle! I bet you do Steph! I bet you do!
10-08-2013, 10:50 AM,
If the poem was easy, anyone could do it. The fact that there are some very insightful and intelligent folks looking say, the solution will be on many levels of knowledge.

10-08-2013, 11:14 AM,
I agree that many are over-thinking it, and that's natural in our efforts to be thorough and cover any possible paths to the solution. I think we can ask ourselves "was this actually in Forrest's head?" when looking at a particular line of thinking, cryptic analysis or mathematical formula, etc.

I DON'T think that we can't fully crack the poem. But I have commented several times about how challenging it would have been for Forrest to determine the desired level of difficulty in advance for the poem- the Goldilocks problem. Not too easy, not too hard, but just right.

The poem is slippery.

SYand42lbsHeavier,

Halogetter

10-08-2013, 11:39 AM,
In all probability the poem was not meant to be taken at face value. Mr. Fenn said, "the hints in the book, could be used to (unlock) the clues in the poem".
10-08-2013, 12:04 PM,
@pidmt: Just my opinion.

It’s not impossible to find, but I don’t think he intends for our generation to find it. His biography is to fill in the blanks for future archeologists.

As far as why someone hasn’t solved the poem……I think someone has (maybe many have) solved the poem or nearly solved the poem anyway. They walked right past where it is hidden.

I’ve made over eighty trips through the years (I work there so I haven’t spent much money looking). Some of the spots fit the poem very well but I couldn’t find the blaze to pinpoint the location. It would take months, maybe years (for one guy) to thoroughly search most of these areas. So who knows, one of us may have been standing right beside it………As someone else said, I might/probably have a picture of it if it’s in a picturesque location……Wouldn’t that be a hoot; Fenn could look through my pictures and put a circle on the chest.

Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and slow dancing.
10-08-2013, 12:29 PM,
IMHO...according to Mr. Fenn two people got the first two clues right...out of all seekers?...no wonder it isn't found if few know even where to start!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hairy's Crack Lounge, Open 24 Hours crazyfamily 48 4,322 Today, 01:00 AM
Last Post: crazyfamily