Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could it really be this simple?
05-06-2016, 08:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-07-2016, 02:40 PM by Bytor.)
Could it really be this simple?
Forrest has said that once his poem is solved, people will be wondering to themselves why they didn't notice certain things, or see certain things, because those things were so easy. (I know I am not quoting his exact words.) Well, can this be as simple as looking up the state motto? Or researching what the state nickname is? Montana's state motto is "gold and silver". Montana's state nickname is (drum roll please....) "the TREASURE state". And the word, "montana" is based on the Latin and Spanish words for "mountain".
05-06-2016, 08:31 PM,
RE: Could it really be this simple?
Bytor, what kind of theme are you seeing for the poem. Hmmmmm MT, have you been out yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Ω 200 ft. Club Ω
05-07-2016, 03:21 PM,
decall,

To answer your questions, I never thought that I had a "theme" for the poem. But I do believe that the clues are consecutive and build on one another. I also believe that when Forrest said to "Look at the big picture", he may have been telling us to step back, and look at his clues again, and how one clue leads to another. I believe people were getting too hung up on certain parts of the poem, such as "where warm waters halt" or the "blaze", without figuring out preceding clues. So if I were to name a theme for the poem, I would say that Forrest is leading us from bigger, more general areas, to smaller, more specific areas in the poem and on the map. I planned to bring this up as a topic in the General Discussion Thread.

And to answer your other question, I have to do it in two parts.

No, I have not yet been out, at least not out searching for Forrest Fenn's treasure. Forrest writes in his book, just before he presents the poem, that there are nine clues, and "if followed precisely" will lead to the treasure. I know what I have is not "precise". And in reference to what I wrote in the paragraph above, I know what I have is not specific enough. I don't plan on having my boots on the ground until I am close to 100% sure that what I have is correct, and can get me to the "X". We have been told that people have been as close as 500' and some as close as 200'. I know what I have can not get me that close.

And for part 2 of my answer to the "have I been out" question, I have been out to Montana, Wyoming, and Colorado, but those trips were made before anyone who does armchair treasure hunts ever heard of Forrest Fenn!
05-12-2016, 10:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-12-2016, 10:43 AM by glock20.)
Here's my analysis: Boots on the ground is really the only way to see, hear and smell, the full 9 clues... Armchair research can get you to an area, BUT it only gets you so far. There's not just logic involved.. there's logistics and planning required. What is not "dangerous" to Fenn is not the "safest" terrain for those not experienced in the Wood... And yes, Montana and Wyoming are my hot spots... Bad weather and Large Game wildlife such as Mr. Moose and Mr. Griz.. and rattlers are definitely what you need to prepare for..

Have Fun and Be Safe!