Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LISTEN
05-25-2016, 11:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-25-2016, 11:07 PM by JamLady.)
LISTEN
I am going to reveal what I believe, in my unprofessional opinion, to be a genuine clue - from the poem.

So, hear me all and listen good

I wondered why Forrest would tell us to do something twice. Doesn't that seem silly? He says to hear and to listen. I asked myself, "What if he does ask us to do two things, and one of them isn't what it seems?"

If you break LISTEN apart, you get LIS TEN. This is actually LIS 10.

My new career as a real estate broker has taught me about the Land Survey Information System, or the LIS. This is a system for mapping out land in the west, and was created by the government. The entire thing is here: http://www.geocommunicator.gov/blmMap/MapLSIS.jsp

Anyway, to not bore you with too many details, they drew a big grid on the US, and they call those squares in that grid townships and ranges. Each of them are numbered.

This matters, because if you look up your search area by typing a nearby place into the search box on the link above, as you start to zoom in, you will see the numbers on the grid. The treasure should be hidden in Township 10, or "LIS 10 good".

Thoughts?

I should also mention that there are 23,040 acres in a township, so no amount of grid searching will help you.
05-26-2016, 04:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-26-2016, 04:10 AM by Mindy.)
RE: LISTEN
Anyone remember that range and township that Forrest owned in Colorado I posted about awhile back? I have to go back in my notes, but I think it was 32 and 14....not sure though.

Anyway, lots of good ideas, Jammy. I think we do think along the same lines. I've always thought hear me all and listen good were important. Lately, I think they are two of the nine instructions in the poem. Or not. I'm caught between two theories, maybe three.

But my original research broke down listen good the same way some others have broken it down:

LIST TEN GO ODD. I took that to mean something like the changing of his shirts every four days in the summer, every five days in the winter, from the scrapbook about his closet. And skip e (Skippy). So I tried listing words in the poem and either keeping or ditching the odd ones. I did that with the letters, too.

L IS TEN. With that theory, I assigned the L's in the poem a value of ten.

L IS T. This seemed to support the Laos being Taos in the book. I also tried substituting the L's for t's in the poem.

L IS TEN, meaning in Roman numerals, L IS X, or 50 is 10. Or 50 is X, which marks the spot.

Or since the t is silent in listen, and you need to listen good, L IS N. I tried substituting the L's for n's, too.

And now you introduce another good theory to keep me good and confused. Lol. Smile
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
05-26-2016, 07:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-26-2016, 07:24 AM by Milan.)
(05-26-2016, 04:10 AM)Mindy Wrote: ...

Wow, amazing insights. Nice job!
------------------------------------------------------------------
"...so I'm pretty sure that the Brawndo's not working"
05-26-2016, 07:27 AM,
(05-26-2016, 04:10 AM)Mindy Wrote: Anyone remember that range and township that Forrest owned in Colorado I posted about awhile back? I have to go back in my notes, but I think it was 32 and 14....not sure though.

Anyway, lots of good ideas, Jammy. I think we do think along the same lines. I've always thought hear me all and listen good were important. Lately, I think they are two of the nine instructions in the poem. Or not. I'm caught between two theories, maybe three.

But my original research broke down listen good the same way some others have broken it down:

LIST TEN GO ODD. I took that to mean something like the changing of his shirts every four days in the summer, every five days in the winter, from the scrapbook about his closet. And skip e (Skippy). So I tried listing words in the poem and either keeping or ditching the odd ones. I did that with the letters, too.

L IS T. This seemed to support the Laos being Taos in the book. I also tried substituting the L's for t's in the poem.

L IS TEN, meaning in Roman numerals, L IS X, or 50 is 10. Or 50 is X, which marks the spot.

Or since the t is silent in listen, and you need to listen good, L IS N. I tried substituting the L's for n's, too.

And now you introduce another good theory to keep me good and confused. Lol. Smile

Well...imagine that...cant see the forrest for the trees. I will tell you though that this is not new information for most.

Liv42dy
05-26-2016, 07:29 AM,
LISTEN
(05-26-2016, 07:27 AM)liv42dy Wrote:
(05-26-2016, 04:10 AM)Mindy Wrote: Anyone remember that range and township that Forrest owned in Colorado I posted about awhile back? I have to go back in my notes, but I think it was 32 and 14....not sure though.

Well...imagine that...cant see the forrest for the trees. I will tell you though that this is not new information for most.

Liv42dy

Milan, thank you...Smile

Liv, I know. That's why I mentioned that others have mentioned these. Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's blogs:

05-26-2016, 07:30 AM,
(05-26-2016, 07:29 AM)Mindy Wrote:
(05-26-2016, 07:27 AM)liv42dy Wrote:

Liv42dy

Milan, thank you...Smile

Liv, I know. That's why I mentioned that others have mentioned these. Smile

Sorry Mindy, you sure did.
05-26-2016, 07:51 AM,
ah, well I guess I missed that analysis in the past - thanks for sharing anyway
------------------------------------------------------------------
"...so I'm pretty sure that the Brawndo's not working"
05-26-2016, 07:53 AM,
LISTEN
(05-26-2016, 07:51 AM)Milan Wrote: ah, well I guess I missed that analysis in the past - thanks for sharing anyway

I haven't heard anyone mention L is N or jamlady's theory, but I think I remember the others. Smile

Mindy's blogs:

05-26-2016, 08:15 AM,
I knew this one might not be fully received, especially because it is further in the poem. I discovered it last year, and when I checked my search area, I found that part of it was in 10, and part of it was in 11. This clue split my area in half.
05-26-2016, 08:39 AM,
Seems more like you're messing with the poem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Listen all and listen good. mikemarcum878 10 899 07-15-2018, 06:28 PM
Last Post: mikemarcum878
  Which Fenn should I listen to? OjoDude 12 2,485 08-24-2017, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Chris Yates
  so here me all and listen good FlashFlood 27 7,488 05-06-2017, 06:14 PM
Last Post: FlashFlood
  Listen woneyedwilly 0 1,188 11-09-2015, 12:43 PM
Last Post: woneyedwilly