Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warning: Itchy putting on the hard sell via PM
05-31-2016, 07:18 PM,
Warning: Itchy putting on the hard sell via PM
Itchy must really be desperate for money. Is he hitting anyone else up in PMs to buy his solve, or am I the only lucky one? This crap is pretty close to the definition of SPAM. I hate SPAM. The only time I put on my moderator hat and dust off my nuke button is for spammers. So If I start getting complaints from others, I'm going to have to shut you down, Itchy.

Here is a summary of our PM discussion so far. My bad for sounding like I was encouraging him. I was trying to express how amateurish I found his sales pitch.

Itch my cache Wrote:Hey Mdavis.

I know you probably do not like me, but I have a solve for sale as you can see from my thread. Im writing to you only because I know your solves are straight to the point with out any of that decoding/scrapbook/magic theory solve work. You, of all people, will enjoy the solve. Ricky has even given it a positive review.

Itch

No Thanks. Very busy right now. no time to even work on my own solves. It's not that I don't like you. I just don't see any evidence you are on to anything, let alone something worth paying for.

Mike

Itch my cache Wrote:Why show anyone evidence for free? People think that I believe the chest is in YS... a national park. Ha...

Great, you've figured out Yellowstone is a red herring. OK, that only took me about the first ten minutes of my six years in the chase. Look, I'm not paying to see a solve you don't even have enough confidence in to go and check out yourself. I applaud your entrepreneurial spirit, but you won't be selling anything to me today. Good luck with the other suckers.

Do you sell used cars in RL? Or maybe timeshares? You are pretty good at the hard sell. But you should leave out the fact that you have a BETTER solve you are going all in for. Instead say an injury or family issues prevent you from checking out this amazingly great solve you figured out. Appeal to the suckers heart stings, as well as their greed.

Mike

Itch my cache Wrote:I see what your saying, but you're not catching on.

"Why show anyone evidence for free? People think that I believe the chest is in YS... a national park. Ha..."

Good luck with your solves.

Itch

I think we're done here.

Mike
05-31-2016, 08:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-31-2016, 08:32 PM by romeofoxtrot.)
RE: Warning: Itchy putting on the hard sell via PM
Hard to shell out any money for an unknown. Even infomercials show you something. Salesmanship requires something more convincing than a pitch that begins and ends with "Its not my best solve, Im keeping that for myself, but its unchecked!"
05-31-2016, 08:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-31-2016, 09:02 PM by romeofoxtrot.)
(05-31-2016, 08:38 PM)Itch my cache Wrote: I understand that. Its the truth though, unlike the OP's idea of faking a family tragedy to play with peoples emotions to get myself money (as you can see in his post and PMs to me). I have and will continue to say that it is indeed a great solve. I believe it is a better solve than anything I have read on any of these forums/blogs. That is my selling point.
Im not knocking you Itch. I understand your position, that you SAY its a great solve. From a sales perspective, thats a "take my word for it" approach. But you havent demonstrated WHY someone should take your word for it.

If it were me, Id present SOMETHING to potential buyers. Id show my line of thinking. Id present the State. SOMETHING that demomstrates WHY they should take your word for it. If someone is a NM searcher, they couldnt care less for a WY solve, generally.

It may be a good solve. Personally, the only GREAT solve is the one that finds the chest. And youve said your saving that one for yourself.

And again, not knocking you. Been selling stuff since I was 8. Its interesting to see others approaches.

(05-31-2016, 08:56 PM)Ricky Nowak Wrote: One of the reasons why I have a Blog is for Copyrights.

Once you post on the Net it becomes the property of the owner of the site. They may or may not share it with the community......

Your stuff becomes a HOAR.

You took your property Itch and turned it into "Intellectual Property" You feel it's worth $9 dollars or what ever the market can bear.

I may be wrong I did't see a Copyright on what you sent me...........I could run around selling it or giving it away laughing about doing it.

That's not my stlye I respect the mental aspect of what people create and I'm willing to pay for it if it has value......

Other people could care less they will rob steal cheat and turn your stuff into a HOAR.

Seen my stuff here copied pasted and even put in other parts of the net. Try that MF with stuff that's CopyrightedSmile

The problem you had here Itch was the selling of your material..........Stephi has said she doesn't mind a thread of something being sold by someone.

The PM marketing made Davis put his foot down..........Who wants a spam website???
Ricky, just being honest...your spelling and grammar are atrocious. It's WHORE. Where, were, and we're. Etc.

Fyi...having a website isnt ironclad. Check out Fair Use Act. Smile
06-01-2016, 12:31 AM,
Nothing wrong with trying to sell anything but maybe there should be a for sale section to keep the commercialization in its place. Just because I said that does not mean I will buy anything Fenn related but have not or will not. To me we should be giving and not selling anything having to do with the Chase. At one time I wanted to sell replicas of Sitting Bulls pipe but that was to help my son Trevor who does 3D modeling and printing.
06-01-2016, 07:50 AM,
sorry but I could not resist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzZh8kJJwe4

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This puzzle ranks among the sweetest puzzles ever, scary hard DeeepThnkr 29 2,553 07-14-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: mikemarcum878
  FFCC Warning AccountAtAGlance 0 422 02-23-2018, 03:33 PM
Last Post: AccountAtAGlance
  Warning to Searchers... Captain Toolface 5 1,619 06-22-2017, 07:10 PM
Last Post: mrmagicarovrumrebel
  I think I used up my last warning imsunbuddynow 5 1,624 04-22-2017, 02:45 PM
Last Post: 5GIRLS
  I hope people don't give FF a hard time . . . Andrew Jef 27 4,389 03-19-2017, 05:56 PM
Last Post: imsunbuddynow
  To the public(Itchy Ideas) romeofoxtrot 2 1,231 08-17-2016, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Indy