Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wyoming, why not?
06-20-2016, 01:46 PM,
Wyoming, why not?
We all know Forrest Fenn's personal love for Yellowstone and nearby areas, so Wyoming, why not?

Begin it where warm waters halt: The Madison Junction

And take it in the canyon down: West of the Madison Junction

Not far but too far to walk: Too Far to Walk is where Forrest put in the little rubber life raft in the water and fished for 3 days to Baker's Hole. (About 10 miles away)

Put in below the home of Brown: Get out of your car when you cross the Seven Mile Bridge. Put in in the Madison River. (Notice that the 10 mile away put in conveniently references the first time you can put in BELOW the river.

From there it's no place for the meek: Rivers abound on a life raft!

The end is ever drawing nigh: Possible Gneiss creek reference, more so to keep floating on the Madison!

There'll be no paddle up your creek, just heavy loads and waters high: Signature traits of the mighty Madison.

If you've been wise and found the blaze: (We'll have to do some looking around here!)

Look quickly down your quest to cease: Look QUICKLY down. Meaning when you find the blaze look down quickly while your floating or you will miss the treasure!

Tarry scant and marvel gaze, take the chest and go in peace: Go in peace.

Now that I've let the cat out of the bag, I would love to hear other people's input on their searches in the area!

-Seabear
06-20-2016, 02:25 PM,
RE: Wyoming, why not?
Have you gone searching yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
06-20-2016, 02:52 PM,
Hi decall!

I have searched around West Yellowstone, which is quite beautiful, but plan on taking a vacation up there again in October. Personally I've driven along the area and the clues fit quite well. At the time I was just stumped on putting below the Home of Brown.

Side note, it would also explain why many people have passed the treasure chest up. Because many people I assume thought that Hebgen Lake was the Home of Brown. Wink

Yourself?
01-09-2017, 09:10 PM,
You're looking for a creek AFTER you put in below the hoB.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
02-02-2017, 04:27 AM,
Is there Creeks that run off the Madison? Good possibility I guess!
03-23-2017, 02:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-23-2017, 02:41 PM by Urban_Archaeologist.)
Thumbs Up  RE: Wyoming, why not?
Seabear -

Believe you are onto something. We'll be up the West Yellowstone way in May (hopefully before the bears wake up) to do a little R&D. If someone is going to leave a fortune somewhere - that somewhere will be a spot that he/she is familiar with and has close ties to, which is why I think W. Yellowstone is an excellent vantage point to search for the treasure. Working out the poem and coming up with a few possible scenarios. And if I'm wrong, I'll have a lot of nice walks in the great outdoors, stories of my quest, photos, and one less spot for everyone else to search.

PS - How did your October trip go?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wyoming is it!! mdc777 49 21,083 10-26-2017, 04:44 PM
Last Post: BLHamrick
  Why not more Wyoming NewbieFenner 40 10,467 07-11-2017, 04:58 PM
Last Post: scorcho
  Help in Wyoming Copper 4 1,560 06-15-2017, 01:02 AM
Last Post: Copper