Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone checked Red Canyon?
06-25-2016, 11:16 AM,
Has anyone checked Red Canyon?
Just curious if anyone's checked around that area. (Red Canyon creek above Hebgen Lake area)
06-25-2016, 11:54 AM,
RE: Has anyone checked Red Canyon?
That's one of my spots I've wanted to check under the premise that "warm" waters could mean warm as in friendly/sentimental and warm as in warm color (red).

The area is also dotted with pines and sage... the Tepee Basin/Creek is there too which is a "home" of sorts but HOB of that area still eludes me!

Definitely on my list to check though!
06-25-2016, 04:52 PM,
Hey Hoofbeats! Maybe the warm waters halts refers to Hebgen Lake itself, although can't confirm what the water temp is like.

Good point on the home of brown. Only thing I could think of is maybe it's the creek itself that is home to brown trout?

Good luck and stay safe!
06-27-2016, 09:44 AM,
Yep I do remember reading something about Brown Trout spawning there.

When I head out West this summer I'm going to check it out. Plus, I really want to see the fault scarps.

Geo nerd here Big Grin
06-27-2016, 01:19 PM,
(06-27-2016, 09:44 AM)Hoofbeats Wrote: Yep I do remember reading something about Brown Trout spawning there.

When I head out West this summer I'm going to check it out. Plus, I really want to see the fault scarps.

Geo nerd here Big Grin

Good luck and bring some bear spray!
07-08-2016, 11:05 AM,
I am up in the area as of this moment all though going to search a different spot with different HOB. Have thought about Red Canyon but is farther down the list. Do have bear spray, my mighty Akita and my 9!!! Will scope the canyon a bit on the way through!
07-09-2016, 10:10 AM,
TthePikester Wrote:I am up in the area as of this moment all though going to search a different spot with different HOB. Have thought about Red Canyon but is farther down the list. Do have bear spray, my mighty Akita and my 9!!! Will scope the canyon a bit on the way through!

This excites me! You should check Tepee Creek for sure if you have the time. I wish I could find it - maybe it isn't listed anymore, but last year I found property for sale as Brown Road in Coal Canyon right where Tepee Creek runs under the road. So, Home of Brown, in a way. I'll keep looking for the listing. It's going to drive me crazy if I can't find it in my Bookmarks somewhere.

But, good luck and be safe!