Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
All Rivers in New Mexico... narrowed down to a clue
06-28-2016, 06:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-28-2016, 06:50 PM by seabear.)
All Rivers in New Mexico... narrowed down to a clue
Hello again everyone, I'll be posting a list of rivers that I found on a New Mexico Rivers website that have Brown Trout in them. The premise behind this is that the Home of Brown refers to a body of water that has brown trout. (See definition of 'put in'.)

agua piedra creek
animas creek
bear creek
beaver creek
blue canyon creek
bluewater creek
bull creek
cabresto creek
calf creek
carrizo creek
cave creek
charette lakes
cherry creek
cimarron river
corrales riverside drain
costilla creek
cow creek
coyote creek
cub creek
daily creek
dry cimarron river
el porvenir creek
el vado reservoir
embudo creek
fawn lakes
fenton lake
gallinas river
gila river
gilita creek
grindstone canyon reservoir
holy ghost creek
jemez river
la junta creek
langstroth canyon creek
latir creek
little turkey creek
long canyon
luna creek
manuelitas creek
manzanares creek
mineral creek
mora river
navajo reservoir
ocate creek

panchuela creek
pecos river
pot creek
red river
rio cebolla lower
rio chama
rio chamita
rio chiquito
rio de las vacas
rio de los finos
rio en medio
rio fernando de taos (taos creek)
rio frijoles
rio grande
rio grande del ranchio
rio guadalupe
rio hondo
rio hondo south fork
rio mora
rio nutrias
rio penasco
rio pueblo
rio puerco upper
rio ruidoso
rio san antonio
rio santa barbara
rio tusas
rio valdez
rio valecitos
rito cafe
rito de las perchas
rito del oso
rito del padre
rito los esteros
rito maestas
rito penas negras
rito perro
rito quemado
san antonio creek
san juan river
santa cruz reservoir
sapello river
tesuque creek
tolby creek
tularosa river
turkey creek
white creek
willow creek c-7

As one can see, it's quite an exhausting list. But my next post will have some more rivers cut down according to its location from Santa Fe.

The following bodies of water are located above 8.5 miles North of Santa Fe:

aqua piedra creek
blue canyon creek *
cabresto creek
carrizo creek
cave creek
charette lakes
cimarron river
costilla creek
coyote creek
daily creek
dry cimarron river
el vado reservoir
embudo creek
fawn lakes
fenton lake
holy ghost creek
la junta creek
latir creek *
luna creek
manuelitas creek
manzanares creek *
mora river
navajo reservoir
ocate creek *
panchuela creek
pecos river
pot creek
red river
rio cebolla lower
rio chama
rio chamita
rio chiquito
rio de las vacas
rio de los pinos
rio en medio
rio fernando de taos
rio frijoles
rio grande
rio grande del ranchio
rio guadalupe
rio mora
rio guadalupe
rio mora
rio nutrias
rio pueblo
rio san antonio
rio santa barbara
rio tusas
rio valdez
rio valecitos
rito cafe
rito de las perchas
rito del oso
rito del padre
rito los esteros
rito maestas
rito penas negras
rito perro
rito quemado
san antonio creek
san juan river
santa cruz reservoir
sapello river
tesuque creek
tolby creek
turkey creek
white creek
willow creek

Feel free to continue this thread to narrow down the rivers/creeks. If not I'll be doing it myself later on in the week. By narrowing it down I'm referring to comparing these bodies of water to the other clues. Similar to trying every possible combination in a lock Wink
06-28-2016, 07:36 PM,
RE: All Rivers in New Mexico... narrowed down to a clue
That's all well and good but, as I've tried to say before....

What is the starting point?

Or put another what is the first clue and Where dose it lead us to ??????????
06-28-2016, 07:43 PM,
My understanding is that where warm waters halt is the first clue. However I haven't checked for warm waters near by these creeks.
06-28-2016, 09:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-28-2016, 10:09 PM by John Brown.)
(06-28-2016, 07:43 PM)seabear Wrote: My understanding is that where warm waters halt is the first clue. However I haven't checked for warm waters near by these creeks.

Ummm. You left off the Rio Peralta and one of the Rio Gallinas. I don't know what else is missing. Those were the two gotchas that immediately sprang to mind when I saw this post.

There are other key NM waterways that aren't on this list.

I don't see the East Fork of the Jemez. This is distinct from the Rio Jemez which begins at the confluence of the Rio San Antonio and the East fork of the Jemez. I think the confluence at Battleship Rock is less than 8 1/4 miles north of Santa Fe but most of the East Fork is north of Battleship Rock.
07-03-2016, 01:12 PM,
What if Brown doesn't have anything to do with trout?
Shhh they aren't listening.
07-06-2016, 10:54 PM,
We need Seabear to compile a list of all the places in NM where warm waters halt that meet the criteria, at least 8.25 miles north of the northern limits of SF, on the highlighted area of the map, etc. Like a list of all the warm/hot springs. I've been to all the main ones but I know there are many more.
07-07-2016, 08:54 AM,
(07-03-2016, 01:12 PM)deb Wrote: What if Brown doesn't have anything to do with trout?

Brown definitely refers to Brown trout. No doubt in my mind there.

Will be posting warm waters halt locations north of Santa Fe by the end of the day. Any body of water I missed please feel free to add.

Thanks!
Seabear
07-07-2016, 12:51 PM,
Wasn't this discussed several years ago, showing the state-designated warm waters fisheries?
07-07-2016, 01:34 PM,
(07-07-2016, 08:54 AM)seabear Wrote:
(07-03-2016, 01:12 PM)deb Wrote: What if Brown doesn't have anything to do with trout?

Will be posting warm waters halt locations north of Santa Fe by the end of the day. Any body of water I missed please feel free to add.

Thanks!
Seabear

Hey, Seabear, thanks for your generosity in collecting and posting this data. I am 100% positive Brown is not Brown trout, and I need a list of places where the warm water is actually warm (temperature-wise) water. It can't be too hot either...it has to be a temperature of water that people can get into and not be scalded. I once used one of the HOT bogs in the Valles Caldera as my wwwh and was told no (the implication being that the water was too hot, like scalding hot.) That's why I'm totally focusing on warm/hot springs that contain a temperature people can "bathe" in. thanks. PS. I bought a new gigantic map yesterday of the Santa Fe National Forest both the eastern and western sections. I mean it's the size of a small room. Anyway, it has a lot of places marked as hot springs---I will help post these if you'd like me to.
07-07-2016, 03:18 PM,
(07-07-2016, 01:34 PM)cynthia Wrote:
(07-07-2016, 08:54 AM)seabear Wrote:

Thanks!
Seabear

Hey, Seabear, thanks for your generosity in collecting and posting this data. I am 100% positive Brown is not Brown trout, and I need a list of places where the warm water is actually warm (temperature-wise) water. It can't be too hot either...it has to be a temperature of water that people can get into and not be scalded. I once used one of the HOT bogs in the Valles Caldera as my wwwh and was told no (the implication being that the water was too hot, like scalding hot.) That's why I'm totally focusing on warm/hot springs that contain a temperature people can "bathe" in. thanks. PS. I bought a new gigantic map yesterday of the Santa Fe National Forest both the eastern and western sections. I mean it's the size of a small room. Anyway, it has a lot of places marked as hot springs---I will help post these if you'd like me to.
Wow, you're a 100% sure it's not Brown trout.... and of course it's not possible to know that for sure.
Ω 200 ft. Club Ω