Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
All Rivers in New Mexico... narrowed down to a clue
07-07-2016, 03:29 PM,
RE: All Rivers in New Mexico... narrowed down to a clue
(07-07-2016, 03:18 PM)decall Wrote:
(07-07-2016, 01:34 PM)cynthia Wrote:
(07-07-2016, 08:54 AM)seabear Wrote:
(07-03-2016, 01:12 PM)deb Wrote: What if Brown doesn't have anything to do with trout?

Brown definitely refers to Brown trout. No doubt in my mind there.

Will be posting warm waters halt locations north of Santa Fe by the end of the day. Any body of water I missed please feel free to add.

Thanks!
Seabear

Hey, Seabear, thanks for your generosity in collecting and posting this data. I am 100% positive Brown is not Brown trout, and I need a list of places where the warm water is actually warm (temperature-wise) water. It can't be too hot either...it has to be a temperature of water that people can get into and not be scalded. I once used one of the HOT bogs in the Valles Caldera as my wwwh and was told no (the implication being that the water was too hot, like scalding hot.) That's why I'm totally focusing on warm/hot springs that contain a temperature people can "bathe" in. thanks. PS. I bought a new gigantic map yesterday of the Santa Fe National Forest both the eastern and western sections. I mean it's the size of a small room. Anyway, it has a lot of places marked as hot springs---I will help post these if you'd like me to.
Wow, you're a 100% sure it's not Brown trout.... and of course it's not possible to know that for sure.

It is 100% possible ... I bet Deb also believes 100% it's not Brown trout. Deb, are you willing to say you are 100% sure Brown is not Brown trout?
07-07-2016, 03:33 PM,
Based on what? I'm not being a smart ass, just saying it's opinion. Imo it's 100% yes Brown trout.... wondering if Fenn gave you the scoop else how could you know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
07-07-2016, 03:46 PM,
(07-07-2016, 03:33 PM)decall Wrote: Based on what? I'm not being a smart ass, just saying it's opinion. Imo it's 100% yes Brown trout.... wondering if Fenn gave you the scoop else how could you know.

Decall, I didn't assume you were being a smart ass, and I'm not being one either. I want Deb to say whether she's 100% sure or not. A few comments ago she said what if Brown has nothing to do with Brown trout, or something like that. I think she 100% knows as well as myself, but I want to hear her comment before I say more. Sorry. I actually hate when people imply something that could be really important to their specific solve, and then don't back up their comments. If Deb doesn't reply, I will PM you later tonight...fair?
07-07-2016, 03:52 PM,
(07-07-2016, 03:46 PM)cynthia Wrote:
(07-07-2016, 03:33 PM)decall Wrote: Based on what? I'm not being a smart ass, just saying it's opinion. Imo it's 100% yes Brown trout.... wondering if Fenn gave you the scoop else how could you know.

Decall, I didn't assume you were being a smart ass, and I'm not being one either. I want Deb to say whether she's 100% sure or not. A few comments ago she said what if Brown has nothing to do with Brown trout, or something like that. I think she 100% knows as well as myself, but I want to hear her comment before I say more. Sorry. I actually hate when people imply something that could be really important to their specific solve, and then don't back up their comments. If Deb doesn't reply, I will PM you later tonight...fair?
I'd enjoy hearing from you. You have more interaction with Fenn than most people here. Semantics really, but how else could you be sure of anything?
1. You have the tc.
2. Fenn told you.
3. Aliens, Google, or God mentioned it... (yeah, they know)
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
07-07-2016, 10:22 PM,
Brown trout was my "Brown" for a while.. it related to cold/warm water fishing (WWWH) and also Forrest's love of angling.

But there are also so many other "Brown's" that our Brown could be. My mind is open to almost anything as far as that goes. Kind of like how I feel about WWWH - none of us are going to know for sure what's correct until we have chest in hand, or hands.

I always did hope the Blaze was related to horses somehow Big Grin
07-08-2016, 11:11 AM,
Brown trout, warm water and Yellowstone just seem too be too simple and "in your face" I'm sure tens of thousands have chased that line of thought.
07-11-2016, 04:16 PM,
Noone knows for sure what Home of Brown refers to until someone finds the chest. In my opinion I firmly believe that it refers to Brown trout. There are various angling websites that refer to them as Brown(s). To 'put in' is a nautical term for launching a small boat or life raft. Forrest has mentioned putting in a rubber life raft in the water. We have to think geography wise to solve this puzzle. Simply looking up people's houses in the phone book with the last name Brown will not solve the puzzle(and might get someone in trouble lol). People could say put in below the home of brown bears. But what does that imply? Putting in below a river where bears hang out? Sounds vague. Or maybe put in a cave where bears live. We shouldn't be looking too much into it. Sometimes the first things that comes to our mind are the best ones.
07-25-2016, 09:35 AM,
(07-11-2016, 04:16 PM)seabear Wrote: Noone knows for sure what Home of Brown refers to until someone finds the chest. In my opinion I firmly believe that it refers to Brown trout. There are various angling websites that refer to them as Brown(s). To 'put in' is a nautical term for launching a small boat or life raft. Forrest has mentioned putting in a rubber life raft in the water. We have to think geography wise to solve this puzzle. Simply looking up people's houses in the phone book with the last name Brown will not solve the puzzle(and might get someone in trouble lol). People could say put in below the home of brown bears. But what does that imply? Putting in below a river where bears hang out? Sounds vague. Or maybe put in a cave where bears live. We shouldn't be looking too much into it. Sometimes the first things that comes to our mind are the best ones.

seabear: I, like you, also believe "Brown" is a reference to Brown Trout. If I were walking up stream, in "warm waters" eventually I would come to the end (where the warm waters halt) and the water would then become cold, which is perfect for the home of Brown Trout.

But then again....it's just my simple minded opinion. Which doesn't count for much, unless it leads to the chest.
07-25-2016, 11:28 AM,
(07-25-2016, 09:35 AM)Mike R. Wrote:
(07-11-2016, 04:16 PM)seabear Wrote: Noone knows for sure what Home of Brown refers to until someone finds the chest. In my opinion I firmly believe that it refers to Brown trout. There are various angling websites that refer to them as Brown(s). To 'put in' is a nautical term for launching a small boat or life raft. Forrest has mentioned putting in a rubber life raft in the water. We have to think geography wise to solve this puzzle. Simply looking up people's houses in the phone book with the last name Brown will not solve the puzzle(and might get someone in trouble lol). People could say put in below the home of brown bears. But what does that imply? Putting in below a river where bears hang out? Sounds vague. Or maybe put in a cave where bears live. We shouldn't be looking too much into it. Sometimes the first things that comes to our mind are the best ones.

seabear: I, like you, also believe "Brown" is a reference to Brown Trout. If I were walking up stream, in "warm waters" eventually I would come to the end (where the warm waters halt) and the water would then become cold, which is perfect for the home of Brown Trout.

But then again....it's just my simple minded opinion. Which doesn't count for much, unless it leads to the chest.

Sounds to me your opinion is quite factual. Are you planning on searching in Montana or Wyoming?
07-27-2016, 09:37 AM,
(07-25-2016, 11:28 AM)seabear Wrote:
(07-25-2016, 09:35 AM)Mike R. Wrote:

Sounds to me your opinion is quite factual. Are you planning on searching in Montana or Wyoming?

Neither...I'm a believer in New Mexico. There are many reason why I'm drawn to NM. Someday I'll list them.