Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why not more Wyoming
10-29-2013, 10:57 AM,
Why not more Wyoming
From the number of posts, I think Wyoming (outside of YNP) must be the place. It has the least number of posts and in life, it's always the path less traveled that delivers the big rewards. Forrest had to travel through the place every year and back then it was slow going on the old roads, so he had many opportunities to explore the area as they drove along the roads to and from Yellowstone.

10-29-2013, 11:53 AM,
Why not more Wyoming
I read he spent time in Wyoming alone in many places and they seem to all be left out of his books for the most part. Archeology school is there, there is a museum he goes to there, there is a place he goes for a week to vacation there alone I read on another site. I was reading on here about a history club he was part of and I think the history of it is in Wyoming with trappers and such. Maybe did that alone.
10-29-2013, 01:45 PM,
Why not more Wyoming
Digger,

I didn't even think about it. Everyone is keeping the Wyoming solutions close to the vest.
10-29-2013, 02:04 PM,
Why not more Wyoming
Hi! I live in Casper and I know that at least two people have searched around here. But I have no idea why! Maybe I'm doing something terribly wrong...I just can't see how to make anything fit the poem. HOB is a real sticking point...We have a few canyons,lots of creeks, lots of trails went through here...

I read somewhere that FF spent/spends a week in Sheridan each summer a nice town that isn't on the map. In TFTW, he mentions Lander and Meeteetse. Believe me, there's nothing of interest between Casper and Shoshoni except a nice rest area.
10-29-2013, 02:12 PM,
Why not more Wyoming

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from ksteph on October 29, 2013, 3:04 pm</b>

Hi! I live in Casper and I know that at least two people have searched around here. But I have no idea why! Maybe I'm doing something terribly wrong...I just can't see how to make anything fit the poem. HOB is a real sticking point...We have a few canyons,lots of creeks, lots of trails went through here...

I read somewhere that FF spent/spends a week in Sheridan each summer a nice town that isn't on the map. In TFTW, he mentions Lander and Meeteetse. Believe me, there's nothing of interest between Casper and Shoshoni except a nice rest area.
</div>
Maybe thats whats makes it special.

10-29-2013, 03:21 PM,
Why not more Wyoming
I don't remember anything about a spider! Great now I have to go back and search Dal's blog for a spider. LOL You don't remember any more of the details do you? Thanks Smile
10-29-2013, 03:31 PM,
Why not more Wyoming
Never mind, I found it. She wanted F to go get the chest for her because in was in a spiders home and she didn't like spiders. Doesn't sound like a clue to me. Too bad.
10-29-2013, 04:31 PM,
Why not more Wyoming
The N.Platte River enters Casper from the SW. He would have first seen it south of Douglas, 50 miles east of Casper, then again west of Glenrock. The Old Glenrock Hwy parallels the river into Casper. When coming into Casper from the airport, the first time you see the river is East of Mills along W. Yellowstone St. There are a lot of "put ins" west and SW of town. There are two near our place. The river enters WY from CO and flows north through Saratoga on through Sinclair. From there it is dammed 5 times. There are no "put ins" until you are about 20 miles SW of Casper. Then there are quite a few, some with interesting histories. If anyone is interested in more details, I can fill you in.
10-29-2013, 04:49 PM,
Why not more Wyoming
I know it's right by Register Cliff though where there are "postmarks" all over that sandstone wall. There's a "put in" right there too.

@luckydog look at a map of Casper...there's a road called Zero, and there's a Poison Spider Rd south of it. My search here had to do with numbers that took me to this area.
10-29-2013, 04:50 PM,
Why not more Wyoming
Also I thought North in North Platte was a clue since he says North of SF.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wyoming is it!! mdc777 49 20,276 10-26-2017, 04:44 PM
Last Post: BLHamrick
  Help in Wyoming Copper 4 1,481 06-15-2017, 01:02 AM
Last Post: Copper
  Wyoming, why not? seabear 5 8,582 03-23-2017, 02:40 PM
Last Post: Urban_Archaeologist